test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question

finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Anybody that has played in the Netho'relak Saga, part 3, Necropolis of Nightmare. When you first enter the cathedral (castle, whatever) and you interact with a barrier and the two guys walk out of the black cloud during a portion of your conversation but move back into it at a later point. How was this accomplished? I can't figure it out on my own and decided to ask for help.

Context: I wish to incorporate a similar effect in my quest. You interact with something, guy walks out of black, talks to you, walks back in.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by finalcatalyst454 on

Comments

• kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have not seen the particular quest you reference, but I can think of a couple ways this was done.

It sounds like the "interact with barrier" has dialogue set up with it. Each time you advance the dialogue, different things can appear/disappear.
    So as you examine the barrier, the first dialogue page has the man appear, then each different dialogue/conversation page can have other things happen, before finally the last dialogue has the guys walk back to the cloud.

This can also be done using an invisible "Ghost" NPC - instead of interacting with an object (ie the barrier). There are several Ghost NPCs that have no costume/visibility that you can use.

I use both techniques in my campaign, especially in the later Parts when I was more familiar with using things in the Foundry.
  • finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I figured it was something like that but I can't figure out how to have the npc move and then stay but move again after a different portion of dialogue. I have your campaign in my list of foundries to play so I'll get through those soon and let you know if that's what I'm talking about.
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I might have to check it out if it is indeed the same NPC. But I often swap out the same model NPC with another that is doing a different action.

If there is a way to keep the same NPC and just have them do different things, I'd be excited to learn it as well :)