test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea: Appearance Tab, improved salvage concept.

ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I would really like to see an Appearance tab that can be worked with, dyed and managed that would be an improvement on the current fashion system, but would also make salvage color-blind. Here's my idea.

1. A player could take any gear to be salvaged. Diamonds are still only awarded for purple gear.

2. Whenever an item is prevented for salvage, in addition to any diamond award if applicable, the player receives one of the following:

A. Crafting materials based on item type and level. This applies to white-blue gear only.
B. Enchantment items based on item level. This applies only to green-purple gear.
C. Refinement items based on level. This applies to blue-purple gear only.
D. A recipe to craft an appearance version of the item that, when used, gets added to the appearance window.

Recipes would be the rare award, and would become a trading commodity. Developers could then add recipes to bazaar, zen store, events and CTA's to help make this system more well-rounded

This would encourage players to use the gear for themselves and give more value to what is put in the Auction House. It would also present more appearance options than what is currently available, and eliminate the need to charge over-priced transmutation fees.

What do you think?
Post edited by ulkaur on

Comments

• tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A true appearance tab, with slots for all visible item slots would indeed be nice to have. Of course, that would mean you weren't spending astral diamonds to change appearance, which would mean less cash for PWE from the people that buy zen (with cash) and convert to AD.
    eqDaIYP.png

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tiekosora wrote: »
    A true appearance tab, with slots for all visible item slots would indeed be nice to have. Of course, that would mean you weren't spending astral diamonds to change appearance, which would mean less cash for PWE from the people that buy zen (with cash) and convert to AD.

You would be likelier to spend the AD if appearances were saved in a collections-type database so that you could change to that specific appearance at will after spending the AD once.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As a fairly new player, I'm finding it extremely difficult to reach the maximum AD refinement per day. Coming from STO I'm used to being able to farm to the cap in about 2 hours or so. There don't seem to be nearly as many things that reward a meaningful amount of AD. My suggestion would be for salvaging to get AD from any green or better. Or even a chance at AD... something like:

1.) A player could take any gear to be salvaged. Diamonds are a guaranteed reward for purple gear.
    2.) Whenever an item is salvaged you gain one of the following:
    * Crafting materials
    * Additional AD
    * Enchantments
    * Refinement Items
    * Recipe for appearance version