What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback on new Enchantment system from casual player

zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Old system:
- combine 4 of same enchantment to form higher tier
- consumes: enchantments (which you want to collect anyway), coal wards eventually once you get past rank 5
- enchantment availability: high, no dungeons required. wards: low-ish, but generally workable.
- result: ability to upgrade is high

New system:
- enchantments are really secondary now, except as food for each other.
- consumes: rare ingredients (marks)
- marks availability: extremely low/non-existent for casual players who don't do dungeons
- result: ability to upgrade is extremely low

You need to remove the requirement to do dungeons to get Marks. As most casual players know, dungeons are horrible in this game, and we avoid them like the plague. In the old enchantment system, this was fine, we could still upgrade enchantments on our own, slowly, without doing any of the horribad, flawed dungeons in NWO.

Please make Marks available without needing to do dungeons. Make them all available for AD from the vendor, and make them all *possible* (no matter how rare) to drop from nodes and purple resource boxes from Leadership.
Post edited by zaodonn on

Comments

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree that some changes need to be made. Even if solo players or players that barely have time to run dungeons actually get in them, then they are fighting for the chance at what seems to be a super rare drop. Also, you have other players rushing to nodes without regard of others in their party. I have heard complaints of multiple wipes caused by this for various reasons.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have hundreds of minor and dozens of lesser marks, all from Leadership chests or nodes in high level areas. I do dungeons pretty often (I've done around 10 runs after mod 2), but I saw just 1 blue mark drop and got a few green from nodes. So, there is no need to run dungeons to get them.

Anyway, it is very easy to get any enchantment to level 5. From now on it became very costly. Levels 6-7 are the worst, imo, while high levels 8-10 are somewhat easier to get than before, but you most likely are going to buy the purple marks.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I have hundreds of minor and dozens of lesser marks, all from Leadership chests or nodes in high level areas. I do dungeons pretty often (I've done around 10 runs after mod 2), but I saw just 1 blue mark drop and got a few green from nodes. So, there is no need to run dungeons to get them.
    I could be wrong, but it is my understand that the blue marks are extremely rare and this is why most people are stuck. Also, I was thinking that blues are only available from epic dungeons, so you would need to run them.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its bad right now but after a few weeks the market should stabilize the prices on marks. Just be a little patient so the econemy can adjust
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I do dungeons pretty often (I've done around 10 runs after mod 2), but I saw just 1 blue mark drop

No offence, but did you even read what I wrote?
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The whole mark drop dungeon thing and how it relates to solo or casual players was rasied in preview. I don't recall seeing any response that explained why it is designed this way. I'd interested to find out what the rationale is.

It does make the new system effectively useless for me, with the only positive now being removing enchants with gold. Fortunately I have a decent stash of enchants that can be allocated between my characters and I don't see refining as a core part of the game, so I really care much at the moment. I'll just hoard any enchants etc and see what, if anything, changes in the future
  • Options
    tappinthattappinthat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is no rationale other than once again it seems that Cryptic is disconnected from its game and is focusing on what looks good on paper. They seem to be in this cycle of make a game and at around the 1 year mark start making changes that makes sure it is extremely hard for new players to enjoy it all because all focus is placed on established players and end gamers.

Levels 1-4 should not cost a thing to raise...the only people that are going to use 1s to make 2s or 2s to make 3s are going to be new players and casual players. Everyone else is going to dump everything into 5s or higher, they are the ones that can afford the AD. This is typical Cryptic and once again they also seem to be behind a wall of community mods that instead of doing their job and passing along what is happening while monitoring the threads, some are instead injecting their own personal opinions and make sure nothing gets done.

Nothing beats a community being led by those that seem to want what THEY want and not actually listen and help make things better.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Marks for Enchants (not artifacts) are available in the Wondrous Bazaar for a set AD price already (cheaper than AH generally)
  • Options
    sunriswlkrsunriswlkr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I Agree. This new upgrade system is a real trial. More enchantments and runes laying around in inventory. The only way to upgrade a weapon or armer enchantment is to use a coalescent ward which has become rare to none or cost some ridiculous amount. It just stinks all the way around. Needs a fix here real bad!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    You needed 86 Coalescent Wards to get a perfect weapon or armor enchantment previously. Now you need 15.

We got a long way to go before the price of coalescent wards can be complained about. ;)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You needed 86 Coalescent Wards to get a perfect weapon or armor enchantment previously. Now you need 15.

We got a long way to go before the price of coalescent wards can be complained about. ;)

Wasn't the calculation of whether the new system or the old was cheaper based on the old 100K price of coals though? With the changes that have been made, it looks like that the new system might be more expensive at ALL stages?

And of course the coals are now bound so players who can't afford to make the higher level enchants, can't even sell them...