test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RP rangers

nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hi,I am new to the RP aspect of the game and have been enjoying the bits I have been able to participate in. Anyway I thought about a group of rangers joining together for some RP with the idea that with all the adventurers flocking to Neverwinter the local wildlife is in trouble from people over hunting,inexperienced hunters wounding animals the get away and wondering off to die because the inexperienced people hunting them either don't know how to track or are to lazy to track he animals after wounding them. Also they patrol the outlaying forest and mountain areas surrounding Neverwinter hunting the bandits preying on travelers and caravans coming to the city and patrol watching for signs of Neverwinters enemys. They gather together to do this on their own without the support of Neverember, and may even come to odds with him as the do what they feel is best for the animals and outlying lands of Neverwinter,
Just a rough idea for something like The Neverwinter Rangers.If you are interested contact me in game,Will Scarlet@nightspiritg or find me at the Moonstone Mask where I might be with one of my animal companion friends.
Post edited by nightspiritg on

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Myself, I've deviated from traditional D&D lore because I don't see the Cryptic HR that way.

Instead I've RP'd mine to be a Royal Krondorian Pathfinder, more at home now in cities than in the wilds, they have become more Army Scouts, Intelligence Operatives, Light Infantry and Trailbreakers, rather than hunters.

They are related to Natalese Rangers, who themselves have become more scout than hunter, also many Natalese Rangers are Elven taught due to Elvendar's relative proximity to the former Keshian province of Bosania, they are more at home in the wilds than their Krondorian brethren.

Or course they are all descendants of the legendary Imperial Keshian Guides.

All groups are paramount riders and trackers, with Pathfinders being more militarily oriented, Rangers being more wilderness oriented and Guides being more a Light Cavalry and Skirmisher.

(R.E. Feist was a fanatical D&D addict during his younger years, so much of the lore from his stories is D&D based)
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love Raymond Feists work,Krondor and the Riftwar sagas are some of my favorite books.Hope to see you around.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Personally, I've never cared much for RP in a pre-made setting. I choose the personality of my character, but that's about it. Sometimes I bother with a backstory, but even that's rare. I think it makes a lot more fun this way. There's not really any restrictions, other than it gotta make sense to where I am. So if this is a fantasy game, don't go talking about cars and motorcycles. ;) In this game, my ranger is just in a new city. It doesn't matter what city, or what country. I go with the gully dwarf logic: "My home is This Place, and This Place is where I am right now." ;)
  • disspencerdisspencer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to get the chance to Roleplay. Let me know when you're on!
  • sarcasm73sarcasm73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've always roleplayed my Rangers to act in concert, to an extent, with Druids. In older versions of D&D, I'll cross Ranger with some Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, and/or Druid, depending on the effect I'm trying to create. I particularly liked the character that was part of an order dedicated to protecting not only the wilderness, but also the Druids - in effect, they acted as the Druid's bodyguards.

In this world, with multiclassing not an option (boo!), I'm falling back closer to my default setting for the archetype - wilderness protector. I'm hopeful we'll see Druids introduced into Neverwinter at some point. If there's any interest, perhaps we could set up a story arc involving Rangers in and around Neverwinter paving the way for Druids' return to the area? I'm thinking it'd have to be a long-term arc, since there's no guarantee the class will make it into the game.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sarcasm73,sent friend request and a PM.
  • sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's a fun idea. A ranger guild might be a good way to start. My ranger is only at lvl 35 currently.I look forward to prowling around at lvl 60
    Volaticum Letum
  • sarcasm73sarcasm73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Apologies for lengthy delay in replying - holidays and all that. Now that they're over, I've got some time to spare to push this idea forward.

Instead of a guild, I was thinking something more organic and less organized. We are, after all, Rangers, not stuffy Wizards with their books and their rules and such. :) Let's just find a time to meet up in-game to discuss some ideas about how to go about putting together this kind of story arc, and see where it leads us?