test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RFC: Yeastbottom's equitable resource node loot distribution protocol

venerable4bedevenerable4bede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
So with the changes in chests and nodes, where we can now obtain useful items such as refinement marks, it is now worthwhile to loot these items in dungeons. I've seen other people complaining about people hogging them, but fortunately I only party with people from the NW_LEGIT_COMMUNITY channel where people are (simply put) awesome (not to mention exceedingly competent). A few times now in the last few days we have tried to organize a way to make this fair. The following is the protocol we have been using, and I suggest people consider following it:

1) Determine if people are willing to share resources. If not, consider finding a better group :)
2) Determine whether to include chests or not (marks *do* drop from chests, but also they are buggy and sometimes adct weird over the last few days. When they act weird its hard to keep track but not impossible)
3) Determine who will be the taskmaster (i.e. the DOMINATOR! the DC may be a good choice but anyone who wants to)
4) Taskmaster makes a list by writing down the party members from the top of the party list down

While !=done with dungeon Do {
a) Whenever there is a resource node someone points it out in party chat (not everyone knows all the locations, so everyone is responsible for pointing them out and not just grabbing them)
b) Taskmaster tells the next person on the list to loot it (NOTE: The taskmaster should go LAST to be fair!)
c) If its a chest, and player didn't get anything (i.e. bugged) call out "bugged" in party chat
d) If not bugged, taskmaster marks them down and we know the next person in line thats up
e) [optional] If you get a refinement mark of some kind, shift-click it in party chat so we can start learning odds and prime locations for them
} loop

And maybe at the end the taskmaster say something like "I had everyone getting 4 loots except X who got 3 does that seem right?" Its really simple and obvious, and perhaps presumptuous of me to even post something so readily apparent but it would save time if everyone had the system and could just say "yes fair node looting" or some such and know what it meant, the same way as everyone pretty much knows you should greed on purples and need on shards and enchantments.

Just my $.02

@venerable4bede / Chert YeastBottom <--"Drink YeastBottom Lager for the cleaner fresher heals!"
Post edited by venerable4bede on

Comments

• dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I just hate the people who loot the good stuff out of a node, and leave the book or sapphire or whatever other junk piece is in there, instead of discarding the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and letting the node respawn full.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To be fair, dhuras, some of us didn't realize until relatively recently that nodes don't refill themselves for the next person who gets to them if you can't take everything because of full inventory. :confused:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, people who get flagged for trash drops in nodes and keep trying to open new ones, since those don't respawn either.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I say add reagents and the refinement point gems to the various seal vendors - make them useful again.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums