test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild merger advised.

vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
Hey guys. Lately I've been facing a problem of my guild dying out. I tried a few guilds already but none have more than 10 folks online at a time. To solve this problem I want to create a bunch of guilds that would accommodate players who want to do the toughest dungeons. The difference between these dungeons would only be the varying active times of different players. Say, 4 guilds for players in their respective 6 hour active time window. (Gmt 00:00 - 06:00, 06:00 - 12:00....and so on).

What I want to do is collect these players from all over the game and add them to the guild they belong. Don't worry you won't have to cut ties with your old guild, they will be our allies and you could talk to them via allychat.

What do you guys think? I would love to hear your suggestions.
Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
Post edited by vee7272 on

Comments

• snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    frankly I don't understand why players still insist on trying to make new guild when there are already so many that exist. All it does is thin out the players and makes it harder to get good teams together which leads to players either leaving the game or the guild until all that's left is a few die hards that just cant bare to leave. And to be honest I think you're on the right track. Find other players who are in dead guilds and try recruiting them into your new guild. One thing I've learned from my time in MMOs in once you get into the "rebuilding" phase you might as well just start a new guild.

The upside to making a new guild and recruiting players from dead guilds is they might have an easier time convincing the few other players left in their dead guild to make the move over to your guild. I'd sa be up front about, explain your reason from making the new guild and hell, make it part of your recruiting.
  • vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks a lot for that Scotty. I'll start talking ti people in game soon. I'm gonna need at least 3 more people to handle the guilds of other time zone.

• epsilon1977epsilon1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I think you don't understand what a guild merger, and what a guild alliance is...
    A merger or merging is when 2 or more guilds are united (combined) into 1 guild, either new (guilds disband and members form new guild) or join 1 of the existing ones.
    An alliance is when 2 or more guilds declare friendly relations and cooperate in-game doing dungeons, PvP or whatever, either as a loose form of cooperation on a 1 to 1 basis (guild A is allied to guild B, but both A and B could be allied to any other guilds without each other's approval/knowledge) or as a more formal separate entity (guilds A, B and C form a separate entity/alliance called Alliance D) that could function as a bigger guild, like it is done in other MMOs which have official alliance support (alliance chat similar to guild chat etc).
    My guild has been around since beta and was always looking for smaller guilds to merge with us, whether dying or not.
    We also talked with a few guilds and formed an official alliance sometime ago (Legit Guilds Alliance) that has 4 members/guilds atm (Old Timers Guild, Opus Dei, Older Gamers, Mythweavers) and always looking for more worthy like-minded guilds to join the alliance.
    I agree with what snotty says, everybody is trying to make his/her own guild from scratch and this is not good for the game. What we need is less and larger, well-organised guilds, that would be led by experienced and dedicated people, so they could be more active and offer a better gaming experience to everyone.
    My opinion is that trying to ally, merge or otherwise cooperate with other small/dying guilds will lead you nowhere. There are friend lists and pre-mades that work much better for doing dungeons.
    May I also suggest the use of the NW_Legit_Community channel in-game, if you are not into exploiting. I have found many good groups there for everything including MC and CN.
    Epsilon of Mythos (@epsilon1977)
    Holy Resurrector and Grand Master of OPUS DEI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://opusdei.abyssportal.com
    edited December 2013
    No epsilon, i perfectly understand what guild merger and alliance is. What i was thinking was to merge my guild with other guilds(I'm an officer) that are dying too. But then i thought it would be a lot of talking with a lot of people which usually doesn't get anyone anywhere. So a better way would be to create a guild for a timezone and invite peope from dead guilds in that timezone so we could have a considerable number of players.

If i may ask, what kind of alliance do you have with 4 guilds? Personally I'd like a merger instead of alliance.

I'm just thinking about some way of reducing the number of guilds and thus improving the the density of players in each guild. What do you think about four guilds for four 6 hour time window?

• epsilon1977epsilon1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I am thinking it would be very hard to find enough people to fit into an exact 6-hour time window, since the vast majority of Neverwinter's playerbase are casual players who don't play exactly the same time everyday (probably not everyday at all). Some guilds are picky recruiting only american or only european players (we used to be EU-only too), some are australian-only, polish, turkish, italian, greek and this usually goes nowhere. You want to be even more picky imo.
    A premade and a good friend list would work better if you cannot play outside that 6-hour time window at all. That or joining a larger active guild.
    As for your other question, we have the Legit Guilds Alliance (separate entity founded by Opus Dei and Old Timers Guild with forum, raidcall and in-game private chat channel) that has 4 guilds atm. More info on that can be found on our website and on our recruitment thread in this forum.
    Epsilon of Mythos (@epsilon1977)
    Holy Resurrector and Grand Master of OPUS DEI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://opusdei.abyssportal.com
    edited December 2013
    No i wont fit them into exact time window, i'll fit the according to their peak hours. For example, i play on and off between 11 am to 7 pm so i'd join the 12-18 guild, if someone's preferred times are 9am to 3pm, he can join either of 6-12 or 12-18 guild.

P.s. 12-18 means guild for players that are active around 12 pm and 6 pm(1800 hrs)