test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unintended consequences of party vote kick and party fill changes

therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
If your party has just vote kicked someone, that person should not be auto-matched back into your party. This happened to my party last night. We ended up kicking the same poor guy about a dozen times while trying to get someone from our guild into the group. This guy kept getting matched with us over and over again, despite the vote kick. We explained the situation to him and he was understanding, but if he was someone disruptive that was griefing us, we would have been stuck with them. The vote kick is a good idea, the matching to fill empty slots is a good idea, but this is obviously an unintended consequence.

We tried for 20 minutes unsuccessfully to get a guild member into our party but could not get it to work because the game apparently thought we needed someone from a different class than we actually wanted. Why can't you just invite someone into your party to fill a spot? If this is difficult to accomplish, then at least let matchmaking give preference to characters in the same guild as someone in the party (the more people in the party of that guild the higher the preference). Maybe a party option for the leader to specify the class(es) they want, or to give preference or not to their own guild, etc.. There are better ways of handling this.
garret_fi.png

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I was in a dungeon and someone left and the queue just kept adding people who would then leave, then it would add another one. We definitely need to be able to add whomever we like. They should also spawn at the farthest campfire the group has reached, not at the start of the dungeon.

I suppose a TR could go to the end of a dungeon and then just invite the rest of the party, but that is neither here nor there.