test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR dodge bugged

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
Is it just my mouse or does anyone else has the problem when binding dodge on the mousehweel up or down, it gets spammed aslong u have stamina.
Dodge on mousewheel works fine for every other class tho.
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, you get to spend twice as dodging the press one time, very annoying Stanima you run out, at important moments.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have no problem Shifting using the normal way, which is double-tapping or Shift-Direction Key.

However, I'll add to the impression of the Hunter Ranger's Shift being bugged for a different reason. I've practice dodging using the Trickster Rogue's tumbling or the Control Wizard's teleporting, but using the appropriate timing to get the Ranger shifting to successfully dodge attacks is royally borked.

I perform the shifts, and I know by the game's visual cues that I'm supposed to be getting it right, and I still get hit. It's very aggravating. I reported this back when the Ranger was being tested and it's disappointing to see this is still around.

Therefore, for the moment, Shift is mostly a repositioning tool.
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    Rangers can queue shifts which other classes can't do. If you hold down shift + direction, you'll continue to shift till you run out of stamina.

For the second issue, the immunity window on ranger shifts is very short, so the timing is more difficult. You have to take into account latency and shift just before the enemy attack goes off, but not too soon or your immunity window will close before the attack hits you.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    This is part of why they let you queue shifts. Until you get the timing down better, if you queue another one, when in the first one, you're more likely to get away. HR shifting will take a lot more to use well.
  • Options
    solidxgoldsolidxgold Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I'm having trouble dodging as well, doesn't seem very responsive.

And having come from GW I'm having some problems getting used to being rooted to the spot while using my bow, I'm more used to kiting and being rooted seems so frustrating.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ranger dodge frames are at the end of the animation instead of the beginning. It just makes it a bit more difficult to time it right.

That being said it does need to be fixed.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm noticing that if you run out of stamina, and you try to move/dodge, you get stuck and have to release the arrow key for a second or two to allow movement again, which can be quite problematic when trying to kite mobs or fast moving elites/bosses.

I think the "double tap" timer is a fraction too short. I've played a lot of FPS's so "strafing" is common practice, and you almost never take your fingers off the left/right keys, but the game seems to want to always register a "double tap" whenever you press the key.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png