test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW after patch

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Did they buffed CWs in new patch? Cuz seriously they hit me today hard as never...
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The list of skills not benefiting from ArPen is still long, but they fixed a few of them. Other than that: No buffs.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ArPen fix is pretty huge. Depending on ther CWs ArPen, 20% resist ignore could be anywhere from a 16% (against 85% DR) to 40% (50% DR) damage boost, depending on the targets armor.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks like from a PvP perspective it is Sudden Storm and Shard whose fixes would be felt more, but while both of them hit hard and used in PvE, neither of them are particularly popular in PvP,

- Sudden Storm: because it has a long cast time, making it easy to avoid, an almost melee range, and the enemy has to either just be standing there in a very limited line in front of you or under some form of long duration movement CC
    - Shard: also has a long cast time, a bug whereby the summoned Shard disappears if the CW is CC'd in almost any way, a very visible spell effect, an optional movement effect to actually land it (otherwise other CC is likely required first), and a very high skill threshold to be effective against experienced PvP players.

Also, gearing, enhancement changes (e.g. Soulforged), and extra sources of healing and damage (Artifacts) come in with this new Module. Devs have to tune around current and future state of the game.

Either way, the longstanding Armor Penetration/Resistance Ignored fix is correct and has been applied to other classes too. If further tuning is seen to be required by the devs, at least now they can do it directly by changing the base damage of very specific spells rather than killing everyone's huge investments across the board in improving their characters.

Otherwise, there were no PvP-applicable buffs to CWs. Quite the contrary, e.g. multiple nerfs to AP gain.
  • Options
    lawlferatulawlferatu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Didn't you get the memo? the new CW is the ranger.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Must have missed it!

What about aoe and control...?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    - Shard: also has a long cast time, a bug whereby the summoned Shard disappears if the CW is CC'd in almost any way, a very visible spell effect, an optional movement effect to actually land it (otherwise other CC is likely required first), and a very high skill threshold to be effective against experienced PvP players.

I cannot believe they still didn't fix this one :\ I usually play with Shard on Tab if I can... i.e. if there aren't any CWs to give me trouble.

As slow as the spell is... after getting used to it it's fatal to many classes. But shard disappearing it's just one bug, the shard can also get stuck, or be "reflected" by some immunity to many yards away from where the CW is making it again useless.

Good spell, bad implementation.