test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a Newbie-Friendly Guild

tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Hi all,

I currently play a 26 cleric, and really feel I am lacking in "know how" to play my character. I have played healers in just about every other MMO I have played (cleric and shaman in EQ, master doctor in SWG, Trooper in SWTOR, and Engineer and Science focused on healing in STO) so I know HOW to heal, just not so much within the mechanics of this game.

About me - 40's male, in Texas, evening and weekend player. I also regularly play STO (founder in a fleet pre-launch) so I will be dividing time between the two. I have played some form of D&D since 1978, except for the last several years. While I am familiar with some basics of Forgotten Realms, I cut my teeth in Greyhawk, and never really grouped with anybody that used any other setting.

I'm not necessarily looking for raiding/end game content, but that's only because I am just getting my feet wet in the game. I'm not big on roleplay, but I won't spoil it for you. I also am not big on PvP. Nothing beats doing it - and surviving it - for real. However, I will try anything once (almost anything, I do have morals) so I won't rule that out. I did enjoy PvP a few times on my Trooper, and flew regularly as an Imperial ace pilot on the Starsider server.

So what am I looking for? Good people, willing to help me learn the ropes, and give me a chance to work as part of a team. I don't want your loot, hell I don't even want access to the guild bank. And I don't take handouts. In return, I will pepper you with questions, and apply the replies to my understanding of the game.

Oh, I only have the one character, so look me up as @DeWitt_LSF and I will get back to ya.
eqDaIYP.png

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to Neverwinter!

I to am a dedicated healer in all my previous mmos and this one as well. Healing is pretty different from those previous experiences but still pretty fun to play! Check out our recruitment post, we are a casual mature family friendly guild that loves to run dungeons and help our members out!
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello tiekosora,

you might check out the recruitment thread of Guild Medieval. Perhaps we are the guild you are looking for.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?406131-Guild-Medieval-Maturity-Fair-Play-Family-Friendly-Beholder

GM formed in 2001 to bring together mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people. Our community is active in several games. In Neverwinter we are active in all endgame contents. Our main focus it though to have fun together, it's the person behind the keyboard that counts. It's also mandatory to visit our forum. No level requirements or gear score needed.

Feel free to add me in-game if you want more information (rhoda@rhodah)

regards

Rhoda