test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl60 queuing for dungeons seems to be fruitless

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am level 60 and have all the strong/right armor and keep queuing for all the epic quests on offer. I have a Rogue, Wizard and Cleric all 60.

I Queue and queue and hardly ever get a group through this system.I thought with double xp weekend there would be more people on and chances of groups more, but no such luck. Since I am in Australia I get up at 5.00 a.m. to get the peak hour traffic of overseas, but it all does not help.

What could be the reason, have a lot of people already left the game?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Queuing is generally a bit of a bugger. I hardly bother with it and use the LFG chat. Then again, as a DC it is incredibly easy for me to simply state in LFG chat "12k DC LF *insert dungeon*'' and be invited within seconds. I'd imagine that you'd get picked up just as quickly with your toons. TRs, DCs and especially CWs are in high demand.

*NOTE: While I do get picked up quickly as a DC, I have a 50-50 kicked rate as far too many groups are looking for ''fast'' and ''exp'' runs and I am neither.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The main reason for this is the fact that the queue system is perhaps the worst way to get a group for an epic dungeon. Yes, sometimes you can queue into a party and get lucky - you end up with decent players and a good mix of classes for the dungeon. Most of the time, you get either one or more badly undergeared player or you get a terrible mix of classes (no control wizards in the party for Spellplague for example).

The result is that most people form groups for epic level dungeons either through their guilds or through the Looking For Group channel in Protector's Enclave. That way you can pick a more optimal mix of classes for the particular dungeon and at least have some chance to choose people based on their gear and whatever other factors you think are relevant. Have I had bad luck with people I have picked up in this way? Absolutely ... but in general, it's a more sure way to assemble a group than queuing in and letting the queue system put together a team.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It can be a pain.

If you meet the requirements then you should be able to get a group, in time. (I've waited as long as 2 hours before) There are some custom channels in chat that you can join as well to form some groups for dungeon runs. nw_legit_community and first_time_dungeoneer are two of them.

Your best bet however is to join a guild and run with them, or group up with friends.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    there are several problems with dungeon queues:

1. often one or more ppl are already missing when the queue window pops up. castle never almost never can be filled by queuing. it is pointless. also in other matches the queue system obviously tries to fill in those ppl that left the party, but in the end you just are queued with less than 5 ppl.

2. the situation with cheaters and runners get worse every day. there are dungeons where ppl ask right at the start if you know the exploits or just start to run through the dungeons. karrundax for example. it is almost impossible to queue and get 4 other people that want to run this dungeon legitly. last time in grey wold den we were not even hitting one mob and one already asked if we all know the exploit for last boss. if ppl want to exploit they should just check the lfg chat. it is full of parties that want to run through dungeons, bug bosses and use exploits but should keep the queues free.

3. setup of teams: i was placed dozens of times in teams where no cw was present but 2 gwfs. and fighting karrundax or spellplague without a cw is just a pain, even worse when the gwfs are not maxed in gear. you take ages to hack through the mobs.

best thing is if you have t2 gear to queue for t1 dungeons. they pop fast during dd, you won't have much problems in staying alive (most of the time you will wipe to last boss though because the rest of the team can't do it and always stays in red or just don't listen to your tips, like last time in grey wolf where no one dismissed their companions although i told them why they should) and still get some loot out of them. it is faster than trying to queue for malabog or castle never that almost never really pop unbugged anyway.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I use the queue these days for a sole reason, and i feel a bit ashamed for it: unlocking CN chest. So when there's DD up, I just queue CN and wait for 5-10 minutes doing dailies. Queue pops, 2-3 people or so "refuse" it, but doesn't matter. I get inside, party of 3, broken, I leave the next second, feeling bad for the guys there asking themselves what the hell happened.

Sometimes, I get full parties. A number of these occasions I decided to stay and help them, at least for the 1st boss, because back in the days when I had to use the queue for dungeons nice people helped me too, and I wanna return the favor.

Was not possible.

Their gearing was so bad, spell choices awful, we barely cleared trash. After 2-3 wipes at boss I realized I can't do squat to help them. Yes, I tried to explain them what to do, some did not understand English at all, some threw some insults at me for being p2w and a **** for trying to help, so yeah.

Nowadays I just open the chest and leave. I've given up of helping people.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    My mate uses queue system loads too. And he is now learning the T1 side of the dungeoneering. Just the hardest part for him is that as CW it takes usually 1h - 2h to get even to 1 dungeon.

And with "2 million" players, I would think that that couldn't happen.. reminds me of one unmentioned game, where you queue up and get to instance about immediatelly... wasn't neverwinter though.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I use the queue these days for a sole reason, and i feel a bit ashamed for it: unlocking CN chest. So when there's DD up, I just queue CN and wait for 5-10 minutes doing dailies. Queue pops, 2-3 people or so "refuse" it, but doesn't matter. I get inside, party of 3, broken, I leave the next second, feeling bad for the guys there asking themselves what the hell happened.

Sometimes, I get full parties. A number of these occasions I decided to stay and help them, at least for the 1st boss, because back in the days when I had to use the queue for dungeons nice people helped me too, and I wanna return the favor.

Was not possible.

Their gearing was so bad, spell choices awful, we barely cleared trash. After 2-3 wipes at boss I realized I can't do squat to help them. Yes, I tried to explain them what to do, some did not understand English at all, some threw some insults at me for being p2w and a **** for trying to help, so yeah.

Nowadays I just open the chest and leave. I've given up of helping people.

Never been in a CN run, but...how do you open the chest if you do not complete the dungeon?
  • revelskerevelske Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You really don't want to be queueing epic dungeons from mad dragon and beyond anyways. You'll often find yourself grouped with non-english speakers who don't know the strats and there's no way for you to communicate it to them, or people who will quit immediately after a wipe even if it's their own fault for not following instructions and have their own oddball strats that simply don't work. Experienced players of these dungeons will only do pre-made, and anything beyond CT and Cragmire can't be blindly zerged (I've even seen failed Cragmire Crypts runs because people don't bother to clear adds...)
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    Never been in a CN run, but...how do you open the chest if you do not complete the dungeon?

The chest in CN works somewhat differently. If you go in the dungeon while the DD runs, you get "Chest unlocked", in every dungeon I believe.

Now, if you leave CN, the chest remains unlocked for some reason. The other dungeons this won't be possible. Have no idea if it's a bug or not and to be honest I don't care.

Anyway the CN chest drops almost nothing of use, a shard, a T2 chest/head or some lame "grand" belt of whatever and the seals. But it's better to have it open if possible.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem with the queue system is that, with a few exceptions, only noobs use them to queue for T2 and up. It is usually those players using greens/blues that have no idea how to play a T2. It is very hard, if not impossible, to complete a dungeon with such a party (perhaps PK, but not the others).

Also, the party composition of auto queue is almost always sub-optimal.

You should form a party using /LFG channel in PE or find a good guild and party with them.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Join a guild.

Many laid back guilds that run DD as well as pvp.

Never did understand how people want to play the game solo when DD require 5 people and PVP requires 5 people.

Bottom line, make some friends and/or join a guild.