test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR Dazing Strike can't be queued anymore

ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
I can't queue up a use of Dazing Strike on the test server. On live when I'm in the middle of an attack sequence I can hit the key for Dazing Strike and it will be used when my current attack animation finishes, however on the test server the ability is grayed out and can only be used if you are not doing any attacks of any kind. This is jarring to say the least. I normally use Duelist Flurry and during the Flurry attack I hit the key for Dazing Strike so that I stun my target as soon as the Flurry finishes. This is no longer possible as the ability is grayed out and the hot-key for it is shown in red.

I'm still able to queue up the other powers I have with no issue, its just Dazing Strike that has been changed. This has made it a lot less fun to use and is annoying. I can hit the key for Lashing Blade while in the middle of the Flurry animation and it will trigger as soon as the flurry finishes but I can't do the same with Dazing Strike.

I can't find this mentioned in any of the patch notes. Please fix it.
Post edited by ikuruyo on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The devs are currently addressing, animation cancellation glitches. maybe what you are experiencing is part of the progress.

Take care.

• ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I hope so.

I don't want to cancel the animation, I just want to be able to queue the ability to trigger after the current animation completes.
    edited December 2013
    Devs make mistakes, too. they're just humans, not elves xD.

• swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Which is why he is posting about a bug he see on the test server in the test server bug forum. Did he somehow imply this should be done in time for christmas? No need for the added comments. He wasnt being rude but you were.
    edited December 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    Which is why he is posting about a bug he see on the test server in the test server bug forum. Did he somehow imply this should be done in time for christmas? No need for the added comments. He wasnt being rude but you were.

Oh yeah, i am very rude... quote the exact phrase where i was being rude. Go ahead... your comment is almost ridiculous. I guess you fail, to comprehend what i said, that's all.

seeya.

• angelwings1337angelwings1337 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah, i am very rude... quote the exact phrase where i was being rude. Go ahead... your comment is almost ridiculous. I guess you fail, to comprehend what i said, that's all.

seeya.

...cough..... rude
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

seeya.

If you're... personally, offended, by, bug, reports, you, might, be, better, off, avoiding, the, bug, report, forums.

"seeya"
    edited December 2013
    You don't make sense. I merely explained, what "might" be the reason for the problem the person is experiencing. You and the other poster either are just making things up, to make me look bad, or are unable to comprehend what i said. (which i doubt)

I don't like it, stop doing that. Thank you very much.

• swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Your first post was great. Players helping players no problem.

But then after he explained he wasnt aiming to cancel the animation, i.e. They broke something in the process of trying to fix another.

What was the goal with this:

This is the bit which seem to have no goal but imply he was out of line bringing this up. It would make sense if his tone was "WTF!11! #$@#&*" but he seemed to be level headed about it.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

This is the comment that is out of place. Your first respond was informative, your second was pointless and could be seen as dismissive of the bug post. All your following responses had a bit of attitude added to them which is why you got the replies you did.

The first reply was all that was needed. My OP was to inform them that I had lost the ability to queue the attack, if its unintended they need to look at it, if its intended then they might want to put a comment about it in a patch notes somewhere. The purpose of this forum is to inform the Devs when we find something that does not seem to be working as intended. Brushing off a report with "Well they are Human too" is pointless. Its a given that they are Human and will make mistakes at times, we are here to try and make sure that mistakes don't reach the live server.
    edited December 2013
    I was trying to be funny.

Sorry.

• lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The comment about humans/elf was funny (to me).

But the butt_hurt whiny kids comments afterward are totaly out of place...
  • anachronoxroxanachronoxrox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keep to topic plz.

I have same problem, can que my other skills like dashing blade, but dazing stirke no longer queues, it is greyed out, i have to wait and watch for my flurry to finish before clicking it, which is hard to do when surrounded by mobs and server lags. Makes the game unintuitive to play and not fun.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup I am getting the dazing strike bug as well. It is extremely annoying. Especially in the new dung surrounded by mobs. Alot of times your Duelist furry starts over again and you miss the dazing strike window.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    I was trying to be funny.

Sorry.

I thought it was hilarious. Sadly, humans rarely get Elf humor. The subtlety takes lifetimes to truly grasp and appreciate. You should put this on next time before posting: http://initorwhat.blogspot.com/2011/05/elminsters-jock.html
  • aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On a Serious Note: Please Fix