facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited December 2013
    Ahahah @ ayrox
    Awesome!

Here we go with the motivation guys :P
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    True things will be changed. But what does gf gain in the new paragon? Seems like nothing overwhelmingly usefull

Sorry couldnt resist one more...

<image removed>

Ill tell you EXACTLY what they gain.

If you give passive regen to all classes via artifacts, a GF JUST using 2pc HG and 2 pc KC will have 1695 regen, thats MASSIVE regen...

Currently a GF will be capped around 1000 without giving up too much offensive stats, what this will mean is a GF will now be able to slot either more, power/crit/arp in the slots where regen was previously occupied as another stat. Why is that huge? Because most GFs are really low in the diminishing return range for ARP meaning another 400 points = about another 4% ARP BUT! With the bonus feats that GFs have, trample/crushingpin etc, the 4% damage bonus ends up being more like a 6.5-7% damage boost.

So not only did our regen get picked up a large portion, now we do quite a bit more damage as well...

Not to mention, GFs STILL generate AP much faster than GWFs and GWFs still dont have an easy way to take down a GF block meter.

While the same gear/choices are available to GWFs as well, letting them deal more damage as well via better gear options, a GF will gain much more regen as a result of the artifacts, my GWF will end up around the 1400-1500 range.

You also need to remember that any combo you slot, frontline is still a massive 18 sec CD versus about 14 on a GF, Bull rush is <10 seconds and a GF will have indom str up WAY before a GWF can build up a daily.

So the amazing rotation you spoke of, if you want to unslot bravery and lose 8% deflect be my guest, because ill prone you and wait until your stacks fall off losing you another 10% deflect putting you in the low to mid 20s, and with more ARP, ill be much more able to perma prone + kill you in a nice rotation...
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Sorry couldnt resist one more...

<image removed>

Ill tell you EXACTLY what they gain.

If you give passive regen to all classes via artifacts, a GF JUST using 2pc HG and 2 pc KC will have 1695 regen, thats MASSIVE regen...

Currently a GF will be capped around 1000 without giving up too much offensive stats, what this will mean is a GF will now be able to slot either more, power/crit/arp in the slots where regen was previously occupied as another stat. Why is that huge? Because most GFs are really low in the diminishing return range for ARP meaning another 400 points = about another 4% ARP BUT! With the bonus feats that GFs have, trample/crushingpin etc, the 4% damage bonus ends up being more like a 6.5-7% damage boost.

So not only did our regen get picked up a large portion, now we do quite a bit more damage as well...

Not to mention, GFs STILL generate AP much faster than GWFs and GWFs still dont have an easy way to take down a GF block meter.

While the same gear/choices are available to GWFs as well, letting them deal more damage as well via better gear options, a GF will gain much more regen as a result of the artifacts, my GWF will end up around the 1400-1500 range.

You also need to remember that any combo you slot, frontline is still a massive 18 sec CD versus about 14 on a GF, Bull rush is <10 seconds and a GF will have indom str up WAY before a GWF can build up a daily.

So the amazing rotation you spoke of, if you want to unslot bravery and lose 8% deflect be my guest, because ill prone you and wait until your stacks fall off losing you another 10% deflect putting you in the low to mid 20s, and with more ARP, ill be much more able to perma prone + kill you in a nice rotation...

Challenge accepted.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I voted TR. Rogue was my first class to 60, and a blast to PVP with the whole time. Over the double XP weekend I leveled a GWF solely for PVP, and he is also a blast but in a different way.

Side note -- I was pugging some matches last night, and asked a rogue to 1v1. So we duke it out for a minute and I win after I finally catch him out of stealth. Then I go to 1v1 his GWF buddy. Our fight went on for minutes. Both of us were Sent spec, and we couldn't kill each other. We would constantly attack, prone, run away, come back, fight some more, etc. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. EVER. (not really, but you get the idea)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On a brief side note to this discussion, when a fight between a gd gf and good dc occurs, the dc can't tank squat since the gf will be constantly kicking the dc out of astral shield or hallowed ground or will just chain cc the dc to death. The video about the dc against the gwf was funny - I can see that particular fight going on for hours - but what would have happened if the gwf had used roar ? either to push the dc out of the "protective circle" or to shut down spellcasting ? The tank dc is only viable if the dc can continues to cast spells to replenish their hp - that's the trick to making it work. since all other class have an ability to cc - well, dc's do, sort of ( with a daily)- that kind of shuts down the dc no matter how many hp's they have.

NOTE TO DEV'S - plz add spellcasting to the spell check dictionary, oddly enough it works in uppercase letters but not lowercase.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    since u can deflect cc;s a high deflection dc can tank any controller all day long provided the right spec... check Gctrl guide.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    since u can deflect cc;s a high deflection dc can tank any controller all day long provided the right spec... check Gctrl guide.

This, with the minor exception of a very skilled CW. I wont bet on that though, I just know typically a CW is a DC worst nightmare and have seen DCs get blown up very quick, even the Gctrl clones out there...
  • Options
    vespatienvespatien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Guardian Fighter - a well played and properly equipped guardian fighter is lethal in PvP. In competitive pre-made games, they cancel out a number of classes and fill a multiple roles. After the 'dust settles' in Mod 2, they will still be viable and consistently strong in PvP.
    Aurelian - Guardian Fighter (Main)
    Metellus - Devoted Cleric
    Gallianus - Control Wizard
    Septimus - Great Weapon Fighter

Chocolate Stand

Neverwinter Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Metellus1972
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As a CW in 1 vs 1 with DC you build AP extremely fast, so you can Ice Knife him often, Icy Rays while he's prone, Repel him out of sheild etc. He can deflect some, but if you have good burst he will die... sooner or later. If it's later, his friends will come help him and you're toast...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    vespatien wrote: »
    Guardian Fighter - a well played and properly equipped guardian fighter is lethal in PvP. In competitive pre-made games, they cancel out a number of classes and fill a multiple roles. After the 'dust settles' in Mod 2, they will still be viable and consistently strong in PvP.

I cant wait for all the GFs to roll GWF or for most GFs to quit the class, itll leave a very select elite few left behind who understand the capabilities of the class...

Again ill state: if the game was slayer it would be a much different story about classes OP ness, but its domination and in domination a GWF versus a GF is not one I want to play on my GWF...
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I cant wait for all the GFs to roll GWF or for most GFs to quit the class, itll leave a very select elite few left behind who understand the capabilities of the class...

Again ill state: if the game was slayer it would be a much different story about classes OP ness, but its domination and in domination a GWF versus a GF is not one I want to play on my GWF...

Gf counters gwf. But overall gwf is a lot stronger after patch. As a gf vs gwf in a real match the gwf would just rotate and you would b stuck with an un buffed class vs either tr or 2v1. Either way its gg
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]