test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

option to disable account gaurd or fix it please

yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have to say i think account gaurd is seriously annoying and now that you do not get the code immeadiately rather game breaking.

Is there a way I can disable this? or since the e-mails do not get sent as expected, (i have the e-mail address as allowed and it is not in my spam, but i am sure it will show up in a few hours) maybe make it so i can log in and get my infor from the website?

but i guess if they we willing to accept my username and password as enough security, there would be no need for this annoying redundant code?

when is the biometrics release being implemented?
Post edited by yyrkoonstyphoon on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    freaking 20 minutes and not code, unable to play on a pc that i have saved several times already. just plan frustrating and i will miss my invoking soon... and lose 6 coins... come on PW, this is simple stuff.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Q: Can I opt out of Account Guard?top
    Yes. Login to the Champions or Star Trek website, click on "My Account", then in the Profile section, click on "Account Guard". This will redirect you to the secure site, where you can manage your saved clients and browsers, or disable Account Guard entirely.

thi option does not appear available to NW users.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I suffer the same issue with account guard and I think many others do , apparently you can disable it but the problem is that you need to get a code sent using account guard to be able to actually disable it so its a real ballache lol , go here for all the good it'll do -
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/default/account_guard/list
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yeah, i open an incident and to add insult to injury, recive a notice the ticket has been logged imeadiatly... still no account gaurd code to access
  • Options
    tophxtophx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I understand why Account Guard is useful (not only for players but for Cryptic/PWE as well) so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'd let you 'opt out'.

Personally, I would prefer at least a way to tell the Account Guard system to resend the code to my email.
    Haven't been able to get into my characters via the gateway as well because of this problem (I'm not getting the code mail at all, and I have checked my spam filters and spam folders without any luck).
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tophx wrote: »
    I understand why Account Guard is useful (not only for players but for Cryptic/PWE as well) so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'd let you 'opt out'.

Personally, I would prefer at least a way to tell the Account Guard system to resend the code to my email.
    Haven't been able to get into my characters via the gateway as well because of this problem (I'm not getting the code mail at all, and I have checked my spam filters and spam folders without any luck).

Plenty of games allow you to disable such features, if for no other reason than your email provider may be accidentally flagging it as spam or for any reason the emails never get to you.

The important thing is that it is on by default so that malicious hackers cannot so easily compromise new or most accounts.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    yeah it is annoying. yesterday i also did not get an email. only solution then is to login through a different browser, then this email might be send. worked for me yesterday.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To turn off your account guard and avoid this problem all together like i did go to the Champions Online website you can find it under the [all games] dropdown menu at the top of your screen and go to your profile page there also located at the top
    stepone.png
    or use this link Account Page

step2.png

voila! no more annoying emails or codes to put in.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This link, works aswell.

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/default/login

Enjoy.