test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Crafting: What's the point?

2»

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problem with leadership is that if you play a single toon it'll be worthless 'cause you earn rough ad through it, and you still get more rough ad per day by just doing dailies and salvaging items. You can't refine them all.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • nukainotasnukainotas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering, why max level profession tasks still have profession experience as a part of a reward? It's possible to run the task only when you have maxed out your profession (therefore you don't need profession experience anymore), so why there is still a profession exp as a reward, is beyond my understanding.

For example: Destroy Enemy Camp (level 20): 120 Leadership experience..

Is it a mistake because professions were made in a high rush and after that devs haven't looked at it ever again?

Edit: a new thought just came to me: maybe they are going to raise a max profession level at some point in future, so current max level tasks have profession experience in advance? :)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I suspect so. They probably do plan to raise the lvl at some point. Also I plan to max every craft, because undoubtedly, they will add something that's a must have at some point, and I aim to be ready when it happens.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I see two points to crafting; AD from leadership and the gemmed shirts/pants.

But, one of these points leads to a major gripe;

You need a purple tool to manufacture the shirts/pants. On the AH these tools retail for 200 - 350k AD. If I just wanted to go and buy the pants; 125 - 150k.

Please, will someone tell me how in the hell do you justify 200 - 350k for a tool to manufacture an item that you can buy or sell for nearly half that? What is the point?

And if you don't want to pay a quarter-of-a-million AD for a tool you can use Zen and hope you get the right tool.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leadership: make AD - good
    Alchemy: make good buff potions - good

Artificing/weaponsmith: crafting 1 Fomorian main hand - decent
    Tailoring/leaterworking: crafting few reinforced set item - decent
    The gemmed pants/shirts I think you can sell it for money but its not worth it I think because of the pricey dragon orb.

Midsummer: make good buff potions - decent

Idk they plan new one in Module2.
    edited November 2013
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Please, will someone tell me how in the hell do you justify 200 - 350k for a tool to manufacture an item that you can buy or sell for nearly half that? What is the point?

Are the tools used up everytime you craft pants/shirt? If not, then the point is to earn money from crafting and selling shirts/pants. You buy tools once, but use them many times, right?
    edited November 2013
    nukainotas wrote: »
    Are the tools used up everytime you craft pants/shirt? If not, then the point is to earn money from crafting and selling shirts/pants. You buy tools once, but use them many times, right?

This. But the point is, as far as I know, you can't get 100% chance to make gemmed (T3) pants/shirt, so if you failed, your gain is very little.
    edited November 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    This. But the point is, as far as I know, you can't get 100% chance to make gemmed (T3) pants/shirt, so if you failed, your gain is very little.
    Could you tell me what is the max % you can achieve for T3 with best available tools there are?
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

To be honest I am not sure on that. I am just going on previous experiences with assets & implements in lower-level profession tasks. When making armour you'd require rings & scales or you'd need a pair of pants or a chest plate in order to level it up/make a new and upon completing these tasks your assets would be used up.

IF the hammers are reusable then I can see the reason behind the pricing.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited November 2013
    Could you tell me what is the max % you can achieve for T3 with best available tools there are?

Purple tool gives 40% quality, so using 4 gives you 160%, which would give you 60% chance to craft T3 item.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thestaggy wrote: »

IF the hammers are reusable then I can see the reason behind the pricing.

The system needs to be labeled better. But it basically comes down to two things, Resources and Assets. Resources are consumed items, Assets are not. A lot of folks get resources and assets mixed up. Tools are assets and they do not get consumed. For this reason alone they are very expensive.