test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Dread Legion Equipment: Suggestion to Rework Stats

2»

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regarding to the 4 pieces set bonus, the DC is "divine" so should be related to it, maybe something like: "% chance to receive a complete pip of divine power after using an encounter even when you use it in divinity mode" / "receiving damage also grant you with divine power" or "Your heals also damage your enemy by % of the healing received by your and allies"

Anyway, we have not received any answer so far, unfortunately looks like we will keep using MH set...
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regarding to the 4 pieces set bonus, the DC is "divine" so should be related to it, maybe something like: "% chance to receive a complete pip of divine power after using an encounter even when you use it in divinity mode" / "receiving damage also grant you with divine power" or "Your heals also damage your enemy by % of the healing received by your and allies"

Anyway, we have not received any answer so far, unfortunately looks like we will keep using MH set...

I really like some of those ideas. Gaining Divine Power based on damage received could be a great mechanic, and one that we don't currently have in the game. At this point I'd be thrilled if they just fixed the stats on the set, but I would love to see them give us a new and useful Divine Power bonus with a new set at some point.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Adding insult to injury, looks like every Dread Ring piece of equipment for DCs has Life Steal on it. Even the blues. On the T1 ring and amulet, Life Steal is twice the other stats.

Seems like this is done on purpose. Surely the developers know that Life Steal is 100% useless for DCs.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited November 2013
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Adding insult to injury, looks like every Dread Ring piece of equipment for DCs has Life Steal on it. Even the blues. On the T1 ring and amulet, Life Steal is twice the other stats.

Seem like this is done on purpose. Surely the developers know that Life Steal is 100% useless for DCs.

This is why I remain (respectfully) loud on the forums about this issue. It's so difficult to understand why they want to do this.

I can only imagine that they have a vision of how the DC class should function that makes it into a "support DPS" or "assistant wizard", but the players collectively have playtested the DC for many more hours than the development team and seem fairly united in their opinion that the DC, at end game, can't perform their class function optimally with a DPS-focused gear setup.

Just because DCs CAN function as support DPS when needed doesn't mean that the demand exists in the playerbase (i.e. how many requests for LF1M DPS DC do you observe?), and continuing to pump out gear with suboptimal stats doesn't encourage anyone to adjust their playstyle or expectations of the class. Rather, they will continue to use the existing gear options and continue to be disappointed about lack of meaningful gear progression since beta.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lazaroth666: divinity gained from taking damage sounds very interesting !

vorphied: And, dont forget the High prophet debuff for team DPS increase... one of the best 4-pieces concidering the entire group, and it's on a T1...
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If a DC set is going to have lifesteal then it should at least be made useful within the context of group healing. a 4/4 bonus along the lines of every 60 seconds for 10 seconds allies gain 250% of the HP you gain from lifesteal as healing.

Also, while my DC can, in a pinch be a top DPS or assistant CW...this is at the expense of both healing and control. DC as a primary DPS is simply not as effective as a CW because DC powers lack the control that a CW brings to the party. A lack of damage has nothing to do with it.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can understand why we're getting armor penetration. However, the life steal and the lack of recovery is a mystery to me.

Some wild guesses as to why we're getting that:
    - it's a PVP set. In the most difficult PVE dungeon. vOv
    - Life steal is actually a good stat for the DCs and we're all wrong here. Corollary: Recovery is a bad stat and we don't need it.
    - Since the new Hunter Ranger has some support skills they want to increase their appeal (or prevent the DCs from being obsolete) by halting our gear progression as supports and poking us into other areas.
    - The DC is not as gear dependent as the other classes. Life Steal is just a filling stat to increase our gearscore. We're good enough.
    edited November 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    I can understand why we're getting armor penetration. However, the life steal and the lack of recovery is a mystery to me.

Some wild guesses as to why we're getting that:
    - it's a PVP set. In the most difficult PVE dungeon. vOv
    - Life steal is actually a good stat for the DCs and we're all wrong here. Corollary: Recovery is a bad stat and we don't need it.
    - Since the new Hunter Ranger has some support skills they want to increase their appeal (or prevent the DCs from being obsolete) by halting our gear progression as supports and poking us into other areas.
    - The DC is not as gear dependent as the other classes. Life Steal is just a filling stat to increase our gearscore. We're good enough.

Some responses to those guesses:

- Armor Penetration is currently all-but-useless because it doesn't work for most DC powers. Even with the fixes in Module 2, Armor Penetration remains a niche stat for DCs and is already available for those who want such a set.

- That is NOT a PvP set. Neither Armor Penetration nor Life Steal are going to help DCs perform their most important functions, and again, there are other options for DCs who want to roll DPS in PvP and troll PUGs. There's no way the developers can play DCs and fail to realize this.

- We're not wrong about Life Steal being useless for DCs. Solo DCs don't need it, and it doesn't contribute much of anything to a DC's group.

- If they mean to halt our gear progression, they've been on track since the Gauntlgrym patch and even more so since the Fabled Iliyanbruen Set in Feywild. I'd call that stagnation.

- The DC is arguably the most gear-dependent class.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any word from you developers ?
    We are concerned here...

And btw, I've tried to stack as much deflect as possible for my offtank cleric (currently at ~1700), but its hard when you cant find it on any decent armor :|
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Items and Economy
    • Dread Ring armor sets have received numerous costume updates and adjustments for all classes (stats remain unchanged).

Seems stats is not changing.... Can we at least have dev point of view on this ??? Coz it seems for most people that play DC's its doesnt really makes much sense....

Any word from Devs on this pls !!
    edited November 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Items and Economy
    • Dread Ring armor sets have received numerous costume updates and adjustments for all classes (stats remain unchanged).

Seems stats is not changing.... Can we at least have dev point of view on this ??? Coz it seems for most people that play DC's its doesnt really makes much sense....

It would definitely be nice to get some context from the dev team so that we can at least try to understand what their thoughts are behind this armor set and why they appear to be resistant to releasing the kinds of sets that are actually in demand.

It's important to remember that the forum population can easily be a vocal minority, but in this case I doubt that's true. Just by playing the game you can see the general unpopularity of Fabled Iliyanbruen gear (except as a transmutation skin...), so I really would like to know why we're getting more of the same when very few players cared about it the first time. Miracle Healer and blue sets for life?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Items and Economy

I wonder if the purpose of the new set for DCs is meant as visual. The look is interesting, definitely different than what we have now. I can see no other reasonable reason to make the stats so useless.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi all,

I am not sure if it is too late to express my opinion (and be sure that it is read by the intended people).
    Why not make more then 1 end-game set?
    At module 1 we had 3 tier 2 sets. Do the same
    ....1 for pvp, 1 for pve and 1 for something else. Or just make 2 sets.
    I'm not sure yet as I did not read the patch notes, but if there is only 1 dungeon in this new module...well that's a mistake as it limits the "divesification" limit...the less you have ...the less you can put inside of it. So if we suppose there is only 1 new dungeon...then of course it makes no sense to have 2 sets..because there is only 1 new dungeon...

In next modules, for your own sake, please use your companies financial resources to offer us a bigger experience and with better quality.

I understand that you had alot of new features introduced...but some of them are not important at all..."companion collections?!"..alright I see the point for ger collections..but companions? there are more urgent things to adress....

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, because I don't intend to.

Thank you for reading,
    Regards,

Almondum Velaph.
    edited December 2013
    Would be lovely to hear some developer feedback. They can make whatever design decisions they deem appropriate, but it would be helpful to get some idea of their vision of the DC as a class. Obviously they are on a different page when they continue to introduce armor sets that are ostensibly higher quality and more desirable than the old sets, but in practice become transmutation skins because their stats are subpar.

I even factored in the availability of Artifacts and the stats they provide, thinking that might be the answer, but all the bonus stats in the game won't explain the baffling decision to load up DC sets with Armor Pen and Lifesteal while providing no Recovery, Deflection, or Regeneration. Too bad my DC can't fit into my CW's High Vizier....
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited December 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    ...Too bad my DC can't fit into my CW's High Vizier....

Would be like a T2 version of high prophet, but with better stats :)

Speaking of that, I cant decide to base my next gearbuild around high prophet or miracle healer.
    BoF/GT split set offtank is feeling old now...
    Might go with both HP/MH, one with sharandar transmute and one with dread ring ? Already got the GG PvP transmuted on my current gear :D
  • mayquinnemayquinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am here to whine:
    Dread set for cleric sucks.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Would be lovely to hear some developer feedback. They can make whatever design decisions they deem appropriate, but it would be helpful to get some idea of their vision of the DC as a class. Obviously they are on a different page when they continue to introduce armor sets that are ostensibly higher quality and more desirable than the old sets, but in practice become transmutation skins because their stats are subpar.

I even factored in the availability of Artifacts and the stats they provide, thinking that might be the answer, but all the bonus stats in the game won't explain the baffling decision to load up DC sets with Armor Pen and Lifesteal while providing no Recovery, Deflection, or Regeneration. Too bad my DC can't fit into my CW's High Vizier....

They vision of us DC?? We are the evil, we can heal and they can gain less money from Zen store if we heal too much. So, they simply give us junk set, junk healing and junk damage. This is their vision of a DC ^^
    edited December 2013
    The 4-piece is a joke, halfway trough VT I healed more with lifesteal then the 4-piece healed my party... (3 Healing encounters, logged with ACT)
    Looks like a spacesuite though !
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This set work for the Pvers :/ for my build, is out of the world :( sad :( i can't use none of the T2 set for Dc, maybe only the high prophet will work for me. At last my heal are very high at the moment
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really like the new Dread Set. Since beginning a DC was always a healer and or a tank. Doing damage was never an option.
    Now you can for the first time, go into a damage tree, supporting your group and doing some kind of descent damage.
    edited January 2014
    sicxs666 wrote: »
    I really like the new Dread Set. Since beginning a DC was always a healer and or a tank. Doing damage was never an option.
    Now you can for the first time, go into a damage tree, supporting your group and doing some kind of descent damage.

Ever try Fabled Iliyanbruen for Armor Pen?

High Prophet is still the best damage-dealing set for DC and party, hands down.

It's nice that you like the Dread set, but it's in no way an improvement over what's already out there for damage-dealing. WTB lunch with lordgallen to find out what the idea was here, because I'm still scratching my head weeks later....
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH