test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots in CTA now

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So glad to see the bots have started moving into the CTA Skirmish event...
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited November 2013
    Are they dealing damage or just standing there?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One just stood there and sometimes cast dazing strike if a monster got near. The other moved around a little, but died like 15 times and did that disappearing trick they do in PVP when downed...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How do you recognize if someone is a bot?
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    How do you recognize if someone is a bot?

I have no idea, I was accused of being a bot earlier, even though I was doing my best to heal individual people. Ironically it was a level 60 cleric while me being a lowly 18 I guess being low level automagically makes me a bot or something. They ragequit out after the first boss.
  • Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    maybe they are just leechers. people who semi-afk but try to look like they're contributing to the party.
  • Options
    xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea, I was accused of being a bot earlier, even though I was doing my best to heal individual people. Ironically it was a level 60 cleric while me being a lowly 18 I guess being low level automagically makes me a bot or something. They ragequit out after the first boss.

Lol i was accused of being a bot as well an hour ago, playing as a Guardian Fighter. I was level 60.
    Lol was even talking (cause I was in character, me being a roleplayer. Always IC when I'm ingame) and he insisted I was a bot. lol.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    Bots wear little to no gear and it's always the same stuff they found at level 1, whites and greens.

Skirmish is officially dead to me. Can't get a party of real people.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    If you suspect a person of botting please send any pertinent information through and in game report or a support ticket.

Threads which simply point fingers saying people are violating rules do not improve the situation, though, and as such we request you try to keep such topics in good taste. I am sorry but this thread is closed. If you have any suggestions to improve the situations with botting feel free to let us know but be sure to keep any reports private between you and the company. :)
This discussion has been closed.