test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add enrage buff and decrease the spawning of mobs.

alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Well I know that the PvE of this game is still in development, but it's ridiculous the amount of mobs that there are certain dugeons. The worst they do not drop anything useful. If you really want to make this game more interesting why not add Enrage mechanics that makes the boss have an insane damage if the party takes a long time to kill him? This could also be added to the mobs to decrease the number of them, but to make the players really want to kill them and not just be running scared of the amount as happens now.
Post edited by alderonthedraco on

Comments

• kurisantonkurisanton Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013
    Enrage mechanics are actually an awful idea, worse so then infinitely spawning mobs IMO. Enrage timers only ensure that A dps check is needed, meaning the bosses have to be adjusted to a mathmatical formula of 5 classes being able to do X damage (X equaling the total health of the boss) in Y time (Y equaling the time it takes for the boss to enrage).

Enrage mechanics were originally put in to stop people from doing a boss solo or in a small group rather then the 20-100 people that were normally needed. If a person is good enough to legitimately solo a boss over several minutes or hours then by god they should reap the rewards of that, not be punished for their skill. When I played Raiderz I practiced against bosses for hours (sometimes days) to learn their moves so I could eventually solo them and even then it often took a lot longer then normal. The lack of enrage timers allowed for a sense of accomplishment where I literally leapt out of my chair and cheered the first time I soloed Bolas. While Neverwinter doesnt have that tight of a combat system it should certainly allow for the same sense of accomplishment and enrage timers would completely kill that
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup, its a silly idea with many unintended repurcussions.

If they wanted to reduce trash numbers, then they just need to do that and raise the HP of mobs.

If they wanted to ensure trash gets killed, then they need an incentive for trash being killed, e.g. useful rewards that are independent of gear, so that even if you are all BiS geared, you have an economic incentive to run dungeons, particularly during DD. As of now, many veteran players do not even do DD or group PvE outside of CN (BoE) or MC (BoE fragments) or Dwarf King (BoE).

In addition, the default Need-Greed loot system with a random leader with Kicking privileges, makes it highly risky for already set-geared players to run dungeons with people they do not know, since they is no well-supported system to ensure the best BoE rewards have a guaranteed chance for equal distribution across the whole group.