test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane singularity reducing damage?

gannicus15gannicus15 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Library
Hi,

I've noticed, that my damage is greatly reduced, when I'm hitting mobs being pulled by singularity. Since long I am used to use Sudden storm and Shard right after the end of singularity (they don't hit anything being pulled by sing), that is "kinda" normal. But I mean, all the other spells, e.g. conduit of ice, chilling cloud, etc. have also reduced damage (CC from 10K crit on third hit down to 3K crit or CoI from 2K down to 800 per tick) on mobs affected by singularity. I know, right now CW have great damage anyway, and this would only escalate it, but my mate TR also reported to me weird damage with dazing strike on mobs pulled by sing...So is this intended to reduce the party damage while singing or is it a bug and should be reported? Thanks for answers.

Gann
Post edited by gannicus15 on

Comments

• akennakenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i see reduced numbers on sing as well also i think even if cryptic did it on purpose the spells that auto miss on sing should not if anything it should be increased due to combat advantage for all classes
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At this point, I bite back a curse when any CW uses singularity in a dungeon. So, much so, that I hate being in a group with undergeared/inexperienced CWs on the few occasions I need to do group PvE again.

Nothing fun about having most of your encounters go on cooldown or cannot be used for either damage or control while you take a timeout for an additional 6 seconds each time from AS spam.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    At this point, I bite back a curse when any CW uses singularity in a dungeon. So, much so, that I hate being in a group with undergeared/inexperienced CWs on the few occasions I need to do group PvE again.

Nothing fun about having most of your encounters go on cooldown or cannot be used for either damage or control while you take a timeout for an additional 6 seconds each time from AS spam.

That's not player's faults really, that's a problem with the daily which needs to be fixed. It's extremely annoying.
  • gannicus15gannicus15 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Actually, I find it easier to pull mobs with one sing and then just wipe them out with 2-3 shards and sudden storms...:cool: It is just different play-style, not inexperience.

Today we run CN and sometimes I noticed reduced damage, sometimes normal damage, so I will try to figure out at what circumstances is the reduction triggered. At least I know, that it is not only my observation, but a common phenomena.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gannicus15 wrote: »
    Actually, I find it easier to pull mobs with one sing and then just wipe them out with 2-3 shards and sudden storms...:cool: It is just different play-style, not inexperience.

Today we run CN and sometimes I noticed reduced damage, sometimes normal damage, so I will try to figure out at what circumstances is the reduction triggered. At least I know, that it is not only my observation, but a common phenomena.

I didn't say every use of AS is inexperienced... But there are CW's that still spam it as their goto daily, literally on every full AP.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013

But the same could be said from an average CW's pov , and I doubt in many cases its down to inexperience or being undergeared?. There's nothing fun about trying to use say oppressive force more often than AS and then being labeled a **** by other party members who almost expect you to spam AS , unfortunately you can't please all the people all the time .
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It's not this bad actually. In CN sings (not chain sings forever, mind you... just to group up mobs) are welcomed and provide sizeable damage increase. Good CWs will almost always cast CoI and Steal Time "inside" the sing, so mobs will be debuffed and sitting like ducks for the big shard/SS hits that follow. If one uses CS on Tab, it also hits inside a sing.

Obviously singing yet again on mobs that are grouped is a complete waste of a daily and OF should be used.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    But the same could be said from an average CW's pov , and I doubt in many cases its down to inexperience or being undergeared?. There's nothing fun about trying to use say oppressive force more often than AS and then being labeled a **** by other party members who almost expect you to spam AS , unfortunately you can't please all the people all the time .

that is why i spam OF with my middle finger held high :D

• krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I created a thread in the bug forum about this awhile ago. No response, of course.

But yes, my preferred usage is AS to gather OP after that. Worse experience in CN was with 2 other extremely well geared CW's with choke on tab basically perma-spamming AS between the two of them. I might as well removed shard and sudden storm.
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So this is about AS dps decreasing. Now I just finished a CN run, and what did I notice.. EotS procced only 1 time...........anyone else has this problem?
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz