test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't enter the Foundry.

saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
I've been trying to get into the Foundry since the 8th to see what's new, but I just can't seem to. I get the msg 'Character creation failed.'. Also posted this on the Foundry sub forum here to see if more people were having problems, but no one responded. (Feel free to merge both this and that thread, long as I get an answer and/ or access :s )

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Is the Foundry simply not accessible on the Preview Shard?
Post edited by saerrael on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been getting a "Foundry editing not allowed" since the big patch on NeverwinterPreview - I think it's disabled until that patch goes live.

Maybe Owlbear is working? ...But that kind of defeats the "...to see what's new" goal. :)
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do you mean the Live Foundry (On Dragon Live Server)? I was just in there this morning polishing-up a work.

I remember seeing this "Character Creation Failed" error back in beta days. However, back then when that error appeared I had the ability/option to delete that character and create a new one.

Try again, and then see if you can delete your foundry character and then try to create a new one. I apologize that's the only suggestion I can give.

However, if your difficulty is with OwlBear server - reporting to bugs forum ASAP. If it's with Preview server, well, preview is still in a major state of flux right now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    I've been getting a "Foundry editing not allowed" since the big patch on NeverwinterPreview - I think it's disabled until that patch goes live.

Maybe Owlbear is working? ...But that kind of defeats the "...to see what's new" goal. :)

Hmm, annoying. And I thought they added something new on the P shard to investigate, too. *frowns*
    Do you mean the Live Foundry (On Dragon Live Server)? I was just in there this morning polishing-up a work.

I remember seeing this "Character Creation Failed" error back in beta days. However, back then when that error appeared I had the ability/option to delete that character and create a new one.

Try again, and then see if you can delete your foundry character and then try to create a new one. I apologize that's the only suggestion I can give.

However, if your difficulty is with OwlBear server - reporting to bugs forum ASAP. If it's with Preview server, well, preview is still in a major state of flux right now.

No, I did mean the P shard, Mimic. And I cannot get in at all, so cannot delete any Foundry character, either.
    I do recall having seen that msg earlier, now that you mention it. Forgot about it, was quite some time ago!
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    We're currently discussing when to open up Foundry editing on NeverwinterPreview for the Shadowmantle test cycle. It's looking like it'll be soon, but we need to run a couple more tests in the background before we can be sure.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    We're currently discussing when to open up Foundry editing on NeverwinterPreview for the Shadowmantle test cycle. It's looking like it'll be soon, but we need to run a couple more tests in the background before we can be sure.

Ahah, thank you kindly for the answer. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Posted 11/12/13

Bueller? Bueller? Ferris Bueller? Echo....echo....echo...echo.

When FotF module came out, there were several major bugs reported on the NeverwinterPreview bugs forum several weeks before release. FotF was released, and all those bugs were still there AND caused major issues including downtime and I'm sure LOTS of staff overtime. Foundry was also down a looooong time.

The sooner we can shake things and test them, the sooner you have bugs reported -- hopefully in time to prevent the pain and agony initially caused when FotF released.