test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Usurp the Usurper (Beta/first Foundry attempt)

crowing427crowing427 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Name: Usurp the Usurper

Author: @crowing427

Short Code: NW-DJWZQDVS7

Mission Type: Solo, possibly part of a future series

Average Duration: 15-20min (took 20-25 with level 15 weapon master)

Amount of Combat: Plenty to go around

Starts at: Driftwood Tavern basement

Mission Summary: "To whom it may concern,
You do not know me, hero, but I am well aware of your exploits in and for the surface city of Neverwinter. I hereby make a formal request to enlist your abilities into freeing my home of a horrible tyrant who threatens the world as you know it. There is a crypt beneath the tavern you call Driftwood. Meet me there and I shall explain further.
-N"

Side note: There isn't much dialog in it, as I'm not very good at it.
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
Post edited by crowing427 on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Quest one: The Lair of Kheneka. Short code: NW-DHN53LFZ3.
    Quest two: The Revenge of Athron'zal. Short code: NW-DPEC3RHT8.

Both of these contain highly customized enemies and as close as I could get to bosses within the limits of the foundy. (Some of the bosses in the second quest actually require you to follow mechanics to survive.) The story is mainly told through boss fights and reach point objectives. (Messages from reach point objectives appear in chat if you miss them.) The Lair of Kheneka also includes an extreme challenge boss meant to challenge 2-3 players. It allows you to skip the trash between the first and second bosses.

I will play your quest shortly.

Edit: They are both part of a campaign, though the actual campaign screen is not appearing, just the individual quests.
    Edit two: I was able to find it in the for review tab, the short code didn't work though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Naralia.
    "She takes a deep breatj"
    some of the encounters near the start are a bit hard for soloing, I think I pulled two so you may want to space them out a bit.
    The final boss was way too hard while the lieutenant boss was too easy. You definately need to remove the encounter stacking in the final boss fight.
    These are my ideas for the bosses.
    Lieutenant. Add a second one, making it two elites instead of just one. Then add a reach point marker. (not linked to an objective.) Make it trigger when near the lieutenants. When triggered, it spawns an adventurer wizard enemy somewhere nearby but not in view of the player. (This is for a timer effect, not actually an encounter.) When either lieutenant is killed, spawn one or two more wizards in the same spot. (Again, part of a timer.) (I don't think you are close to the encounter limit.) Then use the single standared difficulty guard. (Friendly encounter, still part of the timer.) Add some minion drow warriors that spawn when the guard is dead. Add another guard that spawns after the first one is dead that also spawns more drow warriors when killed. Continue this pattern until you run out of encounters. Make all of the guards disappear when the objective to kill the lieutenants is done. This should make for a fun and challenging boss encounter without stacking encounters. (Unless the player fails the mechanic horribly and ends up with more drow than they can handle.)

Final boss. Make the initial phase an elite (The boss.) and two standereds. (The advisors.) Add an easy guard encounter in the back that spawns when the boss is dead. (Yes, another "timer" mechanism.) Add two enemy wizards near them that disappear when a different advisor is killed. (So both advisors have to be killed to remove they wizards and keep the guard alive when the boss is killed.) When the elite is killed, the boss spawns in his transformed form. You may want to customize that a little bit but not necessary for the boss mechanics. When the guard is killed, several powerful minions spawn, requiring players to kill the advisors first. You will need to remove the conversation between phases, but you can give the boss some dialogue when he transforms to give players some idea of what is happening.

Are you still trading reviews? It has been 20 days now.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.