test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Foundry Attempt

crowing427crowing427 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Foundry
I'm not very good at this, so I'll make it short and to the point.
I've just finished my first attempt at making a foundry quest and was hoping I could get some plays/reviews on it. All I ask is you be kind because it's my first ever attempt at anything like this, but I won't deny helpful criticism. :)

Code: NW-DJWZQDVS7
Name: Usurp the Usurper
Approx run time: 16min
Type: Seeing as there is very little dialog (as I suck at it), I'd assume this to be considered a "hack and slash"

Thank you in advance if you do decide to give it a try.
And thank you even if you don't for at least hearing me out. :)
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
Post edited by crowing427 on

Comments

• boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    crowing427 wrote: »
    I'm not very good at this, so I'll make it short and to the point.
    I've just finished my first attempt at making a foundry quest and was hoping I could get some plays/reviews on it. All I ask is you be kind because it's my first ever attempt at anything like this, but I won't deny helpful criticism. :)

Code: NW-DJWZQDVS7
    Name: Usurp the Usurper
    Approx run time: 16min
    Type: Seeing as there is very little dialog (as I suck at it), I'd assume this to be considered a "hack and slash"

Thank you in advance if you do decide to give it a try.
    And thank you even if you don't for at least hearing me out. :)

Sure ill give it a go. Try my last one "Power of Justice." it could use a little more author feedback in return.
    Review Usurp the Usurper
    Very nice effort for a first foundry. Having created six now I hope you don't take the feedback I give the wrong way.
    Maps: Good maps you go back and forth between some generic and some hand made. I like your hand made maps better they where stronger.
    Story: Drow Male taking over a city. Might want to evoke lloth's wraith a bit. Overall how very drow like to hire some adventurer to kill the brother.
    Flow: Steady fights, decent transitions, easy to follow directions for the quest. Your portals to next maps needed a little work in the first map going to drow city and map leaving.
    Combat: Good variety of enemy scaled for a single player, lots of enemies so may be tough for dc.
    NPC's This was a combat driven quest so wasn't much along these lines. I always like drow intrigue so was a touch sad didn't see any twist but over all a decent story, good maps and solid combat.

Errors
    1. Every Maps Transition: Go to Next Map, for immersion sake might want to change that.
    2. Portals add detail or two using fades, makes them look a lot better, or a generic archway.
    3. Add a few sounds. Especially a boss victory and boss music. May want to add a second stage to the boss battle.

Great job for a first quest I enjoyed playing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crowing427crowing427 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    Sure ill give it a go. Try my last one "Power of Justice." it could use a little more author feedback in return.
    Review Usurp the Usurper
    Very nice effort for a first foundry. Having created six now I hope you don't take the feedback I give the wrong way.
    Maps: Good maps you go back and forth between some generic and some hand made. I like your hand made maps better they where stronger.
    Story: Drow Male taking over a city. Might want to evoke lloth's wraith a bit. Overall how very drow like to hire some adventurer to kill the brother.
    Flow: Steady fights, decent transitions, easy to follow directions for the quest. Your portals to next maps needed a little work in the first map going to drow city and map leaving.
    Combat: Good variety of enemy scaled for a single player, lots of enemies so may be tough for dc.
    NPC's This was a combat driven quest so wasn't much along these lines. I always like drow intrigue so was a touch sad didn't see any twist but over all a decent story, good maps and solid combat.

Errors
    1. Every Maps Transition: Go to Next Map, for immersion sake might want to change that.
    2. Portals add detail or two using fades, makes them look a lot better, or a generic archway.
    3. Add a few sounds. Especially a boss victory and boss music. May want to add a second stage to the boss battle.

Great job for a first quest I enjoyed playing it.

Thanks a lot for your input and I do intend to fix it up as I learn more about the Foundry. It's actually kind of funny you mention adding a second phase to the boss, because I actually did earlier lol :) The phase 2 is actually a lot more difficult as there are several extra mobs coming after you, but it is still very possible to solo.
    Thanks again for the feedback :) I actually forgot to run yours today, but I've written myself a sticky note to run it when I log on tomorrow :)
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."