test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues are overpowered. Nerf required. Sign this thread.

2»

Comments

• decayedsoulsdecayedsouls Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    concubines wrote: »
    You're clearly bad, about 12, or both.

Still, there's fun to be had. Let me put this delicately:

~Eggs

hahahaha, genius. So let me see if I got educated properly. The class I struggle to kill needs to be nerfed right? Guess that lifedrinker/tenebrous sent I faced as a TR the other day should be nerfed since it took me a good minute or so of dodging and hiding to kill him hahaha

On a more serious notes: I don't think that OP was trolling but actually serious about it. Guess he's too used to PvE and raining death from 30ft.
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Lets nerf DC, because they can heal too much in pvp.
    Lets also nerf GF and GWF, because they can tank too much in pvp.
    While we are at it, lets nerf CW control effects because they control too much in pvp.
    Also, we should nerf TR damage, because they do too much damage in pvp.

Do you see the failed logic here? Aside from the fact that TRs lack survivability. They have good damage because they have no defense, and because they are designed for the purpose of being a damage dealing class. The other classes have their strong points too, they just aren't designed to be primarily damage dealing classes. Don't try to nerf something because it is better at one thing than other classes, that is the way it is supposed to be.

On a side note, if you are getting hit 18k with dazing strike as a gwf, "even with defensive feats" you are doing something terribly wrong. They shouldn't be able to hit much over 10k on you if that.

Also, you can say it was no daily, but they were probably using lurkers assult seeing as I'm pretty sure there is no way to tell when a rogue has that activated. This would give a big dmg boost. Either way you should have more hp as a CW. I would go hp enchants on any class for defensive slots regardless. In addition, an armor enchant like barkshield would've helped save you with the hp as well, or soulforged if you had slotted for hp in your defensive slots.

Also, it shouldn't be easy for a rogue to 1 shot you. 1 shot rogues don't have permastealth, so you should be able to see a rogue there go invisible most of the time before you are about to get 1 shot. At that point you should be able to move around and evade it if you know he is there. Aside from the fact if you are facing the direction the rogue is coming at you, you should be able to see the stealthed rogue at the same time he is about to cast it, and then dodge it. This being said CW is meant as a controlling class, not as a tank or major dps, so when it is put up against a class that is intended for dps, you shouldn't expect it to go well, but I have given you the options to make it work. Again, good GWF or GF builds should have no problem taking the hits.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Let's make TR use wooden sticks instead of daggers, or perhaps 2 party poppers.

The main hand party popper/wooden stick can be enchanted by "Whining" enchantment, that reduce the target's whining about a certain class by 10%/20%/30%/40% and improves the target's common sense by 10%/15%/20%/25%. Can't stack on the same target more than once and has a 1 minute cool down.

And make that enchantment only droppable in an exclusive dungeon instance called " The whining rivers".
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Let's make TR use wooden sticks instead of daggers, or perhaps 2 party poppers.

The main hand party popper/wooden stick can be enchanted by "Whining" enchantment, that reduce the target's whining about a certain class by 10%/20%/30%/40% and improves the target's common sense by 10%/15%/20%/25%. Can't stack on the same target more than once and has a 1 minute cool down.

And make that enchantment only droppable in an exclusive dungeon instance called " The whining rivers".

This is actually a very good idea. I refuse to sign this thread, but I will support this 100%