test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Redesigne the power stat

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
So with the nerf to tenes, and the power stat mostly being behind any other stat, what do u guy think of adding a chance to ignore deflect on the power stat?
That would bring much more viable builds and fun.
/discuss
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    So with the nerf to tenes, and the power stat mostly being behind any other stat, what do u guy think of adding a chance to ignore deflect on the power stat?
    That would bring much more viable builds and fun.
    /discuss

I agree power is WAY underpowered. I did alot of testing on many characters and one example:

On my TR I stacked power and had over 5k I think swapped out my gear and stacked arp instead putting me at 3k power. That 2k power was a 7% damage loss, but I MORE than made up for it via arp/crit..

Here is the problem:

Right now Power is a crappy stat and only stackable because there is nothing else to stack beyond a certain point. If you buff it, that is just one more damage buff to this game without much of a defensive attribute to counter this in pvp.

MY proposition:

Create a lower level of diminishing returns on ALL stats, however, upon a certain threshhold (say 2k crit for example) You start getting increased returns on the stats including the defensive ones.

What that would do is eliminate the "cookie cutter"ness of the stats in that once you hit heavy DR in crit/arp you stack power/recovery and it forces/allows people to CHOOSE more about how they want to play their class...

If you want insane crit %? Go for it, but you lose on arp and power to stack that high....

Want amazing ARP? sure, but again you lose other stats.

The diminishing returns help because its easy to get to certain thresholds passively, so then its up to you on how to increase damage/defense.

Power should do this as well... If you have 2-3k power I would expect not a significant damage boost. But 5k power? That should be some serious blows....

Maybe keep power linear until that 2-3k threshold then it gets additive boosts the more you stack.

The counter to all this and what makes this doable, is then people can stack defense/deflect MORE have be much tankier if they like due to the way the stats work.

This promotes people to upgrade to R9-R10s because 40 more points is that amazing, and also allows for future gear to be released and increase stats more.
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I agree power is WAY underpowered. I did alot of testing on many characters and one example:

On my TR I stacked power and had over 5k I think swapped out my gear and stacked arp instead putting me at 3k power. That 2k power was a 7% damage loss, but I MORE than made up for it via arp/crit..

Here is the problem:

Right now Power is a crappy stat and only stackable because there is nothing else to stack beyond a certain point. If you buff it, that is just one more damage buff to this game without much of a defensive attribute to counter this in pvp.

MY proposition:

Create a lower level of diminishing returns on ALL stats, however, upon a certain threshhold (say 2k crit for example) You start getting increased returns on the stats including the defensive ones.

What that would do is eliminate the "cookie cutter"ness of the stats in that once you hit heavy DR in crit/arp you stack power/recovery and it forces/allows people to CHOOSE more about how they want to play their class...

If you want insane crit %? Go for it, but you lose on arp and power to stack that high....

Want amazing ARP? sure, but again you lose other stats.

The diminishing returns help because its easy to get to certain thresholds passively, so then its up to you on how to increase damage/defense.

Power should do this as well... If you have 2-3k power I would expect not a significant damage boost. But 5k power? That should be some serious blows....

Maybe keep power linear until that 2-3k threshold then it gets additive boosts the more you stack.

The counter to all this and what makes this doable, is then people can stack defense/deflect MORE have be much tankier if they like due to the way the stats work.

This promotes people to upgrade to R9-R10s because 40 more points is that amazing, and also allows for future gear to be released and increase stats more.

^ Love all of this! Well done Mr. Proned :)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    ^ Love all of this! Well done Mr. Proned :)

Thanks, I hope this gets more attention. This is one area of the game that is currently limiting not only itemization but build variety and creativeness.

Also its preventing players from wanting to upgrade to R10s+ and preventing future gearsets from being a substantial increase.