test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric PVP epic gear questions

grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey guys, I was wondering about the cleric epic items, and I'm a little confused here, hope the more experienced clerics can help.

When I start playing, I looked for the cleric best stats for PVP, and always find defense, regeneration, deflect and recovery as the best stats for a cleric in pvp.

Looking at the gear, T1 and T2 PVP, the stats are:

T1:
+1252 power
+1252 recovery
+945 defense
+779 life steal
+11 AC

T2:
+1322 power
+1322 recovery
+990 defense
+1047 life steal
+12 AC

Then this come to me, why cleric gear have life steal? I can't see it working good for clerics as for dps classes. Does it really works for clerics in pvp?

With the data I gather till now, I start thinking that cleric's best pvp gear are blues oO

Please brothers in faith, enlight me! lol

Thanks again guys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grungebrmpk on

Comments

• trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    With the data I gather till now, I start thinking that cleric's best pvp gear are blues oO

This. /10char
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yes, it is indeed. Blues with Regeneration and Defense. Until they either remove Righteousness (so that big heals would affect yourself a lot), or they re-design the epic sets....blues will outperform epics for DC PvP.

Life steal is almost useless since most of the times you are getting focused and pop stuff to survive. One can argue that You can Astral Seal/Brand of the Sun and watch your life ticking back, but that's not the case.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Life steal is almost useless since most of the times you are getting focused and pop stuff to survive. One can argue that You can Astral Seal/Brand of the Sun and watch your life ticking back, but that's not the case.

Lol really not the case. Life steal is useless for clerics, even with "DPS spec". Man, I can't believe it lol! Now I got to get a full bloonie for pvp lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Indeed. I followed GCTRL's build and got entirely bored of it. Then I thought I would give an epic set a chance, and I am now roaming PuGs with Divine Emissary.

I am a brave soul.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Have you tested with Miracle Healer's or Grand Templar's set?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Only Miracle Healer. It's OK, but Emissary's bonus also helps passively the people that you want to keep around you (high def, high deflect) and 31% crit chance of Emissary's gear allows me to spec into Restoration Mastery for more Def.

Nothing ground breaking, but at least I get to roll a DC that uses Wisdom over lolDEX.