test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

another character slot

joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i think we should have another free character slot 2 just isnt enough
Post edited by joshuaw1946 on

Comments

• Options
    itsmevinzitsmevinz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This game is F2P. To have profit, some stuff must be paid: extra char slot is one of those stuffs :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The price for character slots isn't that bad. 500 Zen for 2 slots.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    The company needs to make money somehow and $5 for two slots is a bargain in any MMO. ;)

And two free slots it pretty standard in a F2P MMO.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So you're (OP) saying that getting 200k AD is impossible? I'd say it's pretty much enough time to get such amount and decide if you actually want another slot for AD (don't want to spend $? Then gather AD and trade them for zen)
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I bought three times the 500 Zen with AD made from playing, once my first two chars reached 60.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the price for 2 slots is okay, it's not difficult to get the AD or just to simply pay 5$
    I just decided to get it because I wanted at least 1 slot more, to be able to test the ranger and future classes/races without deleting my chars.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    No. you get 2 slots for 500 zen, just get extra slots . Think about it, if they are giving the new class free then it's possible that they may be planning to recoup the loss from char slots, bag purchase, stones etc. Char slots are one of the cheapest good things on the zen store which was the first thing I stocked up on, only because I didn't believe what I saw, thought it was an error, and that they were going to change it. 8 chars later still not worrying about char slots.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Two character slots is plenty to start off with. If you put in the investment into your first two to then decide you want more characters, by that time you should know whether you can/want to spend money on new slots or, if you don't have the money, you should be able to earn the 120k-200k AD to exchange easily. I'm a more-or-less casual player and I've exchanged AD for character slots twice already -- it's not hard.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no need for more free slots it would rise ad exchange to 500 to 1 in sto when they gave one more slot price of dill rise from 100-1 to 130-1
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I spent 300k AD on 4 extra character slots.

Since then those 4 characters have more then paid for themselves with coalecent wards and leadership tasks.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Everyone,

Can someone provide the info of what things are considered character based as apposed to account based?

If I decide to delete a character or two I don't want the pain of losing something that I bought, I feel that anything you buy should be account based and be usable by a new toon or class.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    The company needs to make money somehow and $5 for two slots is a bargain in any MMO. ;)

And two free slots it pretty standard in a F2P MMO.

Most F2P MMO's have enough character slots to have a character of every class, or at least 3/4 of all classes.

Just take a look at Dekaron, Cabal, Dragon Nest and plenty of other F2P MMO's.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I think the price for 2 slots is okay, it's not difficult to get the AD or just to simply pay 5$
    I just decided to get it because I wanted at least 1 slot more, to be able to test the ranger and future classes/races without deleting my chars.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview

This is all you need know.
    Play the Hunter Ranger now, you can even copy an existing character into the preview server.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    character slots are cheap be happy
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    galahad01 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Can someone provide the info of what things are considered character based as apposed to account based?

If I decide to delete a character or two I don't want the pain of losing something that I bought, I feel that anything you buy should be account based and be usable by a new toon or class.

Cheers!

Really hard to do this, as it varies.

Mounts: Any mount bought from the Zen shop is account-wide (can be claimed with all characters). Mounts from purchased packs are also account wide. Most mounts obtained in game (vendor or lockbox) are for a single character. I've heard there is a mount obtained from foundry achievements that is also account wide though.

Companions: Unlike mounts, companions from the Zen shop are NOT account-wide. Most companions from purchased packs are account-wide. But if I recall correctly the portal hound from the Feywild starter pack is not account-wide. I've been told companions from promo codes are account-wide (the green quality cleric and merc). Companions you buy in the game or get from a lockbox are not account-wide. There are 2 companions from foundry achievements. I think those are account-wide, not 100% sure.

Its pretty much a confusing mess. You're better off asking about a specific item.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Really hard to do this, as it varies.

Mounts: Any mount bought from the Zen shop is account-wide (can be claimed with all characters). Mounts from purchased packs are also account wide. Most mounts obtained in game (vendor or lockbox) are for a single character. I've heard there is a mount obtained from foundry achievements that is also account wide though.

Companions: Unlike mounts, companions from the Zen shop are NOT account-wide. Most companions from purchased packs are account-wide. But if I recall correctly the portal hound from the Feywild starter pack is not account-wide. I've been told companions from promo codes are account-wide (the green quality cleric and merc). Companions you buy in the game or get from a lockbox are not account-wide. There are 2 companions from foundry achievements. I think those are account-wide, not 100% sure.

Its pretty much a confusing mess. You're better off asking about a specific item.

I'm interested in hearing more about these foundry achievement companions and mount.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2 is more than enough. If you enjoy the game with 2 characters, which are able to experience all the content and reach max level, then you can spend the $5 to get two more character slots.