test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas for the Preview Shard

nemus13nemus13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hello!

1) The respec purchased with zen should allow players to re-roll their BASE stats (Strength constitution wisdom etc.)

2) The preview shard should be an INSTANT level 60 shard. This will promote a better testing environment for the players, and will provide quicker results for the developers.

Thank you for considering my idea.
Level 60 GWF / Level 60 DC / Level 60 GF
Post edited by nemus13 on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nemus13 wrote: »
    2) The preview shard should be an INSTANT level 60 shard. This will promote a better testing environment for the players, and will provide quicker results for the developers.

I think a better idea would be a preview shard only NPC in the enclave that can adjust your level to various points and can give you a bag of gear. This is what CO does.

Instant level 60 is a bad idea because the leveling up process needs to be tested for new classes.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nemus13 wrote: »
    Hello!

Plus to add on to dardove's post. You don't learn how to play the class if you instant level to 60. For the HR you HAVE to play from lvl 1 as this class is considered an advanced class as you need skill to play.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i think the free respec on the test shard is perfect the way it is. it doesn't make sense that you would be able to test out something on the test shard that isn't already an ability or is a planned change. if they provided this option on the test shard, it would just elevate the number of pvp-centric players asking for this option to go live. and since they've been asking for it for quite a while and it hasn't been implemented, there's got to be a reason for why it's not yet an option.

in the foundry editor, you can respec a test character up to level 30. you do not have the options to fully roll a new character for testing purposes because it would kind of undermine the whole purpose of that mechanic being available to foundry authors. i would imagine that in the testing of a new class, you want players to test the full leveling process of that character class. they're mostly looking for bugs but feedback is also welcomed.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Need a way to purchase perfect enchants/rank 10 easy on the preview server. Right now you have to copy your character multiple times in order to combine. An NPC with those for sale would be much better. Gear and weapons would be great as well. You could go through and find the cosmetic look you like before you spend the zen. Then go spend it for real on the live server. Should bring in more money for Cryptic.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to see presets of every character class of 60 lvl with some kind of basic purple items. When you log in, you are given with 60 lvl TR, CW, DC, GF, GWF and HR. Giving some things for free would be nice to, but I'm afraid it would cause people to play on PTS instead of live server 'cause on PTS you can get everything for free. There should be some kind of wipes every Morning to prevent exploiting then.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz