test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger Release

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
I'm hoping that the Ranger release will be a "pay" package. Otherwise the entire server will be filled with Rangers for the next few months. Anyone have any details on whether it will be free or otherwise?

Thanks!

PWE --> be sure to charge at least $20 bucks not 2000 zen. Also make sure its OP for PVP.
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It's been announced that it will be free.

Besides, forcing players to pay $$$ for new classes would be a kick in the teeth.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep it's gonna be ranger country for a while. but it will get back to normal. maybe.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It feels boring as it is now. Damage is low, survivability is low. It's just my subjective opinion, but I'm getting more fun and joy when I play as a cleric in PvP with green gear, while holding a cup of a tea in the left hand.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It feels boring as it is now. Damage is low, survivability is low. It's just my subjective opinion, but I'm getting more fun and joy when I play as a cleric in PvP with green gear, while holding a cup of a tea in the left hand.

I am finding that survivability is very high, but it requires very active gameplay and skill management. Damage isn't great, but can be managed again through active gameplay. Love the weapon switch mechanic and the ways the skills function.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You just got to know how to play the ranger, that is why they are calling it a very skilled player class. I have a lvl 40 ranger that I have yet to die with. And I have done it with just using ranged attacks even when the mobs are on top of me. You just need to know how the ranger's dodge works and to time dodging since sometimes you have to dodge twice to get out of the large red circles. So button mashing will not work with this class.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    just need to learn how to use the dodge skill at the right time. problem i going to have if keep play the test server might not want work on main sever one lol
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It's actually very well balanced. it almost forces you to use all of its mechanics in a tactical fashion. You can't just let loose with any rotation and expect to survive. The ranger has decent dps, though not amazing, and he is ridiculously squishy to offset the fact that you can one shot most mobs. It takes brains to play this class, if you can't set up a rotation that works for you, or if you can't adapt to the skillset, you might as well not try. First few levels will feel very OP, but give it a few more and you will be wishing he was OP, a few more still and you will get the hang of him and we will feel almost balanced again. Once you are completely comfy with him, your survivability skyrockets as long as you don't get flustered. I thinks its a well crafted class, even though children are gonna find something to whine about cuz it isn't to their specifications.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping that the Ranger release will be a "pay" package. Otherwise the entire server will be filled with Rangers for the next few months. Anyone have any details on whether it will be free or otherwise?

Thanks!

PWE --> be sure to charge at least $20 bucks not 2000 zen. Also make sure its OP for PVP.
    I don't know what is the reason that make you so eager to give money to PWE(If you want so much to get rid of your money you can donate it to me)but don't worry so fast like the newness will pass everyone will get back to the other classes.
    In fact if they should ask money for the ranger many players would ask later on for a refund :p
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thanks!

Wow, talk about not wanting to be popular.

As others have said, the plan has always been to release new classes for free, this one will be no exception.

However, for entertainment value, lets go with your idea. Giving full credit to you for the idea, on the launch pad, along with the cost, and your in game @handle. :p
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty sure they'll offer a $60 pack along w/ module 2 - maybe it'll have a "woodsy" fashion set to go along w/ the ranger...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yea, thats a gimmie. I expect another mount, pet, fashion item, some AD, and an assortment of small knick knacks.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they'll offer a $60 pack along w/ module 2 - maybe it'll have a "woodsy" fashion set to go along w/ the ranger...

Alternatively it could have something to do with the setting for the latest campaign.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Alternatively it could have something to do with the setting for the latest campaign.

That is certainly true as well. While the feywild pack undeniably reflected its related module, there were no new classes released w/ it to say for sure. Regardless, I think the devs would be remiss not to release a "robin hood" styled fashion set in some form, to go along w/ the ranger's release...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Would be a bit hard to call themselves a free MMO and have a philosophy that $$ can not buy advancement if you need to fork over $$ just to get to lv 1. Now wouldn't it????
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Would be a bit hard to call themselves a free MMO and have a philosophy that $$ can not buy advancement if you need to fork over $$ just to get to lv 1. Now wouldn't it????

Well, technically, if you could log in and play *at all*, even if it were only a portion of the available classes, they could still call themselves "Free to play"...
  • Options
    dongargondongargon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can bet the next module pack will come with an exclusive paragon path, you can only get by purchasing pack.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dongargon wrote: »
    I can bet the next module pack will come with an exclusive paragon path, you can only get by purchasing pack.

And you will lose the bet.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    And you will lose the bet.

yea it stupid to sale skills that just make the game balance