test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The worst think's can happen in to a game :(

jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Whit that, today, i think's to have seen the worst think's i never see in a game :( Gold seller now also start advertise ( so sell ) PERFECT/GREATER RANK 10/9 ENCH.

<Please Do Not Advertise RWT Sites>

So after the exploiter, after the cheater, after all the bad things now people can buy perfect or rank 10 stone simply whit money. I hope they will find a way to fix this cheater :( They will ruin the game for sure, from now on :(
Post edited by jacksoon on

Comments

• vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So after the exploiter, after the cheater, after all the bad things now people can buy perfect or rank 10 stone simply whit money. I hope they will find a way to fix this cheater They will ruin the game for sure, from now on

You get that was already possible buy just buying the AD and than spend it on the AH? Nothing really changed, next to that every MMORPG with a economy has this problem.
    signature-lili.png
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you sure? if people will start buy perfect/ rank 10 fromt hem, who will buy stone, item, equip from the game? no one.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    you sure? if people will start buy perfect/ rank 10 fromt hem, who will buy stone, item, equip from the game? no one.

Well you could already use gold sellers to buy a ioun stone, etc. Buy AD from them->zen exchange->buy zen items. Alternatively, buy black market AD->use AH to buy Zen items. I suppose they're just cutting out the middle man by using direct trades.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited November 2013
    Ok, let's switch the question. There someone still play legal on this game -.-? Since for all of you is normal buy item from third party, and this is ILLEGAL in all the game. If you start buy item, astral or zen from them, for the end of the year prob no one will buy item in game. So, what you will sell? Potato?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, let's switch the question. There someone still play legal on this game -.-? Since for all of you is normal buy item from third party, and this is ILLEGAL in all the game. If you start buy item, astral or zen from them, for the end of the year prob no one will buy item in game. So, what you will sell? Potato?

I didn't say it was normal. I'm merly pointing out that those who are buying up black market AD aren't likely to be buying legitimate stuff from cryptic anyway. Couple with the fact that most r10 and perfect enchants are probably made with dupe exploits(extrapolated from the cost of many r10's and prefects in the AH being significantly less than the total cost of the coal wards needed to fuse them).

Chances are that 99% of the playerbase doesn't use blackmarket AD and regards it as spam, like in every other game. I think you're getting worked up over nothing.
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    You get that was already possible buy just buying the AD and than spend it on the AH? Nothing really changed, next to that every MMORPG with a economy has this problem.

I don't think so, many games have wiped out gold sellers from pubblic chat.
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
    edited November 2013
    Maybe, but at last try to figth them can lead the people to be afraid of use them. Like now, whit tons of them bombarding the chat is like no one of staff even care of them, there no Gm online to look at them so they can do what they wont.
    edited November 2013
    Maybe, but at last try to figth them can lead the people to be afraid of use them. Like now, whit tons of them bombarding the chat is like no one of staff even care of them, there no Gm online to look at them so they can do what they wont.

I think they tried cracking down on them...result was half-naked alts with the w.t.s...names dancing all over PE. I'm sure they'll try cracking down again at some point, but right now they've got a lot on their plate.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Only cheaters will be buying from them. The way you phrased it, sounds more like you're upset that the cheaters can buy gems direct from them. And won't be using the AD they bought from goldsellers to purchase your stuff.

Not sure how you expect the GMs in game to do this. They could sit in chat and ban them all day long and it wouldn't matter. Even as a player you can report/ignore their accounts. But it doesn't stop the spam. The goldsellers can make an unlimited number of accounts. In my opinion, something has to be changed with account creation to slow them down first. Then banning accounts might matter.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no "perfect" way to prevent these kinds of broadcasts. Personally, I think they should up the level required to talk in zone chat a little bit - it wouldn't really impact a regular player that much, but the more time it takes playing before you can speak in zone, the more it cuts into the gold sellers' profits. At the same time, however, it may also negatively affect a legitimate player, as they wouldn't be able to ask for help in zone...

Sadly, it is not something we are likely to see go away anytime soon.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There is no "perfect" way to prevent these kinds of broadcasts. Personally, I think they should up the level required to talk in zone chat a little bit - it wouldn't really impact a regular player that much, but the more time it takes playing before you can speak in zone, the more it cuts into the gold sellers' profits. At the same time, however, it may also negatively affect a legitimate player, as they wouldn't be able to ask for help in zone...

Sadly, it is not something we are likely to see go away anytime soon.

Its funny i play Swtor and i dont see the gold spammers in zone chats? I know there are gold sellers for the game have seen them during research on these people. Both games are f2p but it seems the devs for Swtor have figured out a way to remove the spammers from the zone chats.
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only a matter of time, this is what happens when you ignore issues. Let them continue to ignore it and they will just start selling zen next. Game over.

Yes there is a way to prevent it, give a reponsible person some power to insta ban hammer them. If I had that power these botter / spammers better buy a new fleet of computers, and be very very fast.

Hmmmm... Something seems fishy.
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Good idea, with potatoes we could make many of chips and sell them individually! ;)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drbaals wrote: »
    Its funny i play Swtor and i dont see the gold spammers in zone chats? I know there are gold sellers for the game have seen them during research on these people. Both games are f2p but it seems the devs for Swtor have figured out a way to remove the spammers from the zone chats.

Do you happen to know the rules in SWTOR regarding posting in their equivalent of 'Zone' chat? Also, are their currencies similar to NW's? Perhaps what is useful isn't obtainable in the same way. For instance, some games outright don't permit the transferring of gold or other resources between characters at all, or limit it through some middle-man which is run by the game company...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The 3rd party sites will always thrive.

They are cheaper than purchasing directly from this site.
    edited November 2013
    They migth be cheaper, but take this in consideration. You made after, maybe, 3 weak of heavy farm a gretaer or a rank 8 ench. In the same day, a stranger it lvl 60 and go on pvp whit full perfect rank 10 stone. What will happen? people will ask for nerf because of insane damage, you will be upset because you make 3 weak for get 1 of that stone, when that cheater got it for maybe 10$ at piece. Both of you are free to play the game, do the same things, he maybe suck on play but have better item than you. This will make me very upset, because, i feel my legal play was wortless. I know is allways hard to figth gold seller, but i think's at the moment there nothing to prevent them. If you stay at enclave, you will each 10-20 sec a new 1 bot spam. I close the zone chat when i go to enclave, simply because it's impossible to read it. When they will start sell zen too ( they sell AD atm, so is basically the same whit the zen exchange ) people will start blame for the pay geared guys on pvp. If this is the way the PWE wont the game lead, a lot of guys will start move to other game, since here we will be almost impossible sell something.

For the guy telling me i'm upset because people don't buy item from me.

yes, i'm very upset because took me 3-4 weak to make a tank 8 or 9, and no one buy it. I'm very upset to see fresh lvl 60 that don't even know how to use an encounter whit perfect and rank 10 stone. You are 1 of them?
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic loses much more money per day to gold sellers than they would have to spend to have a team banning gold sellers. Oh but cryptic doesn't do a lot of things that make financial sense, they like to shoot themselves in the face in many ways.
    edited November 2013
    This isn't a post agaist cryptic or Pve. It's simply a post for let server know ( and they maybe know yet from a lot of time ) that this game atm is pay to seller for easy win. It's unacceptable to didn't have something to stop or try block them for a bit. Maybe making all the item in the game Bop even the ench can save us from that plague
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    There's no easy way to combat Gold Spam.
    The reason why you don't see the same gold spammers around for long periods of time is because they are being dealt with but they literally spam as quickly as they can create accounts, and that's pretty fast. :p

If you can solve the problem the entire industry would love you because nobody has solved it yet. Despite the claims by some players to the contrary every MMO I have ever played is plagued by RWT sites and Gold Spammers. Even subscription based games have hordes of them and everything done to solve them is overcome within hours, even the more radical approaches like built in captcha's.

All I can say is it's not being ignored. If you can solve the problem any better I'm sure there's a paycheck waiting for you somewhere but considering the best minds in the industry have not solved the problem yet...
    edited November 2013
    Remove the game currency :D no money, simply let us get item whit experience xD you can't buy exp ^^
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Seen that done before. I loved it.

After two years of whiny players crying about it...and an investment company looking to pad their pockets...they returned the trading systems...and I left the game.

It's great on paper. Great in practice.
    But all I would hear is "Give free trade bak plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game sux witout it!" until the company decides to listen to the whiny players and remove the trade limitations.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Only cheaters will be buying from them. The way you phrased it, sounds more like you're upset that the cheaters can buy gems direct from them. And won't be using the AD they bought from goldsellers to purchase your stuff.

I find that statement quite amusing and quite naive, in a game that you buy currency direct from the makers of it.

You buy zen-exchange to Ad- Use Ad to buy rank 9-10 enchants.

The difference is people will buy AD from wherever its cheaper.

Dont be fooled in thinking tons of people don't already, or they wouldn't be in business.

Its a competitive market that makes these companies **** loads.

And cryptic arent that bothered, just look at the gamer card that's advertised, then when you click it and see the companies who sell them, see how many sell AD also.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    I find that statement quite amusing and quite naive, in a game that you buy currency direct from the makers of it.You buy zen-exchange to Ad- Use Ad to buy rank 9-10 enchants.The difference is people will buy AD from wherever its cheaper.Dont be fooled in thinking tons of people don't already, or they wouldn't be in business.Its a competitive market that makes these companies **** loads.And cryptic arent that bothered, just look at the gamer card that's advertised, then when you click it and see the companies who sell them, see how many sell AD also.

It doesn' t need to be tons of people, given the low startup costs you just need a few idiots buying regularly to run this sort of thing.

Cryptic loses much more money per day to gold sellers than they would have to spend to have a team banning gold sellers. Oh but cryptic doesn't do a lot of things that make financial sense, they like to shoot themselves in the face in many ways.

Two things

1. There's little proof of this, in fact most of the people who buy from these probably wouldn't buy from Cryptic in the first place even without these gold sellers.
    2. A cure is better than constant treatment.

This isn't a post agaist cryptic or Pve. It's simply a post for let server know ( and they maybe know yet from a lot of time ) that this game atm is pay to seller for easy win. It's unacceptable to didn't have something to stop or try block them for a bit. Maybe making all the item in the game Bop even the ench can save us from that plague

Your solution would drive away legitimate players, Cryptic are aiming for a balance in which it's unprofitable to run a gold selling business but wouldn't drive away a lot of legitimate players.

Besides, if they only did a temporary measure to stop Gold Sellers then they'd be straight back in the game as soon as it was removed.
    edited November 2013
    The only bad think's is you can't track that trade :/ if they start sell perfect or rank 10, it's impossible to stop them. You go on the site, you buy the stone and they trade you the stone for maybe a garbage item. It's a legal trade. This is the bad things :( Like the major of the comunity, i like this game. I hope they will find something for try stop them :/ Maybe don't let the rank 7+ and the greater+ tradable could be a little break.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    I find that statement quite amusing and quite naive, in a game that you buy currency direct from the makers of it.

You buy zen-exchange to Ad- Use Ad to buy rank 9-10 enchants.

The difference is people will buy AD from wherever its cheaper.

Dont be fooled in thinking tons of people don't already, or they wouldn't be in business.

Its a competitive market that makes these companies **** loads.

And cryptic arent that bothered, just look at the gamer card that's advertised, then when you click it and see the companies who sell them, see how many sell AD also.

I'm curious what you find naive about it. Anyone who was 'legit' that wanted to buy things with money can do just as you said. Trade Zen for AD, then buy the stuff. Again, only cheaters would buy the stuff directly from a goldseller. A 'legit' player isn't going to risk their account and financial info to get the stuff a little cheaper. If they do, then they're just another cheater and my original statement stands.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remove the game currency :D no money, simply let us get item whit experience xD you can't buy exp ^^

Yes you can. In WoW it was quite often that idiots purchased leveling services and even PvP rankings from RMT sites.

The good thing was that in WoW if you got caught you got banned.
    edited November 2013
    It's not as if everyone and their mother will be buying from them either, a quick google shows that R10's are going on gold seller site for $100-130. Regardless of that price compared to exchanging zen legit, it's still pretty freaking expensive.
  • leeb0tleeb0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's no easy way to combat Gold Spam.
    The reason why you don't see the same gold spammers around for long periods of time is because they are being dealt with but they literally spam as quickly as they can create accounts, and that's pretty fast. :p

If you can solve the problem the entire industry would love you because nobody has solved it yet. Despite the claims by some players to the contrary every MMO I have ever played is plagued by RWT sites and Gold Spammers. Even subscription based games have hordes of them and everything done to solve them is overcome within hours, even the more radical approaches like built in captcha's.

All I can say is it's not being ignored. If you can solve the problem any better I'm sure there's a paycheck waiting for you somewhere but considering the best minds in the industry have not solved the problem yet...

A suggestion to everyone is how about report them to the better business bureau or econsumers for spam and ruining the enjoyability of a product give them bad ratings so on.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The only free MMO I haven't seen gold sellers spam is DCUO and that's because free accounts had an maximum gold limit of 2000, wich basically meant a free account couldn't buy mostly anything from the AH. I hope that' doesn't happen here adding a cap to gold/AD.

Raising the level needed to speak in Zone chat wouldn't solve the issue but it would make them take more time, wich means lesser spam.(or at least, not so often)
    2e2qwj6.jpg