test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[CW] Let not Orb of Imposition be an useless control feature of Control Wizard

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
It's embarrassing that Orb of Imposition currently being Control Wizard's only cc-related class feature is useless and nobody is using it.

Why it is useless? Because its buff duration is too low. Say a control wizard can stun/freeze mobs for 4 seconds, and with Orb of Imposition being max ranked (+15% effect), the stun/freeze duration extends for only 0.6 second (4 * 15%).

As a class feature which occupies one class feature slot, it should not yield such a poor effectiveness.

Not that I mean control wizards should not pursue the goal of high dps, but this class feature really needs some tweaks so that more control wizards might be willing to use it and focus more on crowd control job.
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Please consider improving this class feature.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah Possible to add one second per rank or 0.5/1/1.5 seconds
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about this? Since we know damage reduces the amount of time a CC holds (it's why you see freeze break nearly instantly in groups), have Orb increase the amount of damage a mob can take while CC'd before the CC breaks.

Orb reduces the reduction damage does the CC duration by 33%/66%/100%, so at level 3, you get full duration on your CC effects regardless of how much damage the monsters are taking.

The reason I talk about damage reducing the time of the CC here is because even if you BUFF the CC duration with Orb, your buff is still greatly mitigated by the fact that damage breaks CC early, thereby significantly reducing the overall benefit of the class feature.

It also has the added benefit of giving lower level CW's much better survivability in soloing and dungeon encounters, prior to them getting multiple CC's and/or the ability to kill stuff before it shreds their poor little tissue paper armor.

If you do that, then you have a very compelling class feature that really competes with Storm Spell and Sudden storm.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That sounds fine to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    How about this? Since we know damage reduces the amount of time a CC holds (it's why you see freeze break nearly instantly in groups), have Orb increase the amount of damage a mob can take while CC'd before the CC breaks.

Orb reduces the reduction damage does the CC duration by 33%/66%/100%, so at level 3, you get full duration on your CC effects regardless of how much damage the monsters are taking.

The reason I talk about damage reducing the time of the CC here is because even if you BUFF the CC duration with Orb, your buff is still greatly mitigated by the fact that damage breaks CC early, thereby significantly reducing the overall benefit of the class feature.

It also has the added benefit of giving lower level CW's much better survivability in soloing and dungeon encounters, prior to them getting multiple CC's and/or the ability to kill stuff before it shreds their poor little tissue paper armor.

If you do that, then you have a very compelling class feature that really competes with Storm Spell and Sudden storm.
    I really like this idea. Frozen stat being broken by damage really makes me think the freeze is kinda pointless, especially in groups.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really like this idea. Frozen stat being broken by damage really makes me think the freeze is kinda pointless, especially in groups.

Yep, and then with this change, you fix A LOT of what makes frost powers so weak in group settings. It's really a 2 for 1 fix, in my eyes.

If freeze got it's full duration in groups, it'd completely change my outlook on frost powers and/or oppressor builds. You'd have room for a true CC class, instead of just an AOE damage machine.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

Sure. Why don't enable perma CC for CWs? BS suggestion. It allow all of your CC abilities 15% more duration.

And you already have 4(5 with daily up) CC with even a semiperma freeze at-will. The CW don't need more control over that, especially the perma freeze need to be impossible. Even it not break after damage receive, CW would faceroll all Classes because of this in PvP. If 15% isn't enough for you(and you have to calculate the WHOLE CC rotation), then don't make an OP-feature suggestion and play with other passives.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This is why I hate PvP in MMOs. It ruins every other part of the game.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This is why I hate PvP in MMOs. It ruins every other part of the game.
    Yeah. No matter how underpowered a class's feature is, there are always people insist that it is overpowered simply because they don't have good luck dealing with the class in PvP.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah. No matter how underpowered a class's feature is, there are always people insist that it is overpowered simply because they don't have good luck dealing with the class in PvP.

^ x 10,000,000
    i7TZDZK.gif?1