test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Code impementation / Game Play Insight

mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
In traditional tabletop Dungeons & Dragons(2nd ed. forward) you can duel class.
**Offer DUEL CLASSING by allowing a "Character Merge"
...what will you call it? ..You already have that .. "Paragon Paths(merge charter data)!"**

**NOTES** Game data input needs minor, easily coded Table Data/cell reference changes:

#1. Buttons have to reference to ALL CLASSES ability tables instead of a single class only/Character only reference.

#2. Set Ability scores to preserve Highest main class scores of each then average other skill points.

#3. Use the tilde key to alter the 3 attack layouts Using "tab" key code reflecting "encounters/feats/powers" of all classes using 3 single spec skill layouts: either class, and a hybrid; Interface changes have a 1-5 minute cooldown.

#4. The character selection screen needs to reflect the single Character with a Rename/Pick One option and written notation of duel spec. (*This gives the player an empty character slot as a bonus in process, as well as merges bank slots/total bag slots.)

~As a table gamer,Video Gamer since the first consoles, Coder, and Digital Designer, that's the final touch and Revenue winner that helps this exceed all others. ..short coding folks! .. Paragon Path us up Scotty! ;D~
Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mysticmarks on

Comments

• Options
    lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    **NOTES** Game data input needs minor, easily coded Table Data/cell reference changes
    Whenever I've seen the terms "minor", "easily coded" and "changes" in the same statement, I've later learned things were anything but.

I will admit however that adding abilities from one class to another seems like a nice idea, but I think however that Neverwinter is a bit too fragile for sustains such a concept.
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Table references from a char_sheet data set, pointed to Class dat set of same skill?.. That's isn't bad at all. limiting duel spec pvp so you can only use duel spec in that mode, and allowing for all other environments at lvl 60? The skills are load balanced already. Having a mixes will enrich every aspect of level 60 play with little development efforts and almost no Graphics changes. Implementing this would be far simpler than one or 2 new classes and the involved time, and also add that other dimension of gameplay found lacking by experienced players. How Would your Great Weapon Fighter/Cleric(Pladin) hold up against that control Wizard/Trickster(Necromancer)? What about that Greatweapon Fighter/Guardian(Berserker), Trickster/Cleric(Monk), that GWF/ Trickster(Assassin), a Control Wizard/Cleric(White Wizard), or Guardian/Trickster(Thief), maybe a Great weapon fighter/Control Wizard(Warlock). All the data is there. So simple, so expansive.. food for thought.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dual classing was an option in ad&d but left out of later versions. the challenge with it conceptually is that when one class begins to learn a completely new class, you tend to start to forget other skills. in the realm of an MMO, class balance becomes a nightmare.
This discussion has been closed.