test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter with 3D Vision Tweaks

mangarrmangarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
First off, I would like to thank the developers for implementing all the tweaks they have done so far to make this game enjoyable to play in 3D Vision. I do have a couple of requests to make the experience even better.

1. I notice that the shadows render correctly in 3D when set to high assuming that convergence is not messed with. Adjusting convergence is done to give the 3D more pop. The game looks pretty flat without adjusting it. Unfortunately adjusting convergence breaks the shadows at some point. I was wondering if it is possible to "push" the shadows out more in 3D, thus eliminating them not rendering properly. Right now I am force to set the shadows to low to avoid this and the game world looks pretty sparse without all the shadows.

2. Having the nameplates above NPC's and other entities render in depth makes a huge world of difference. Unfortunately the black text bubble type boxes render at screen depth. Is it possible to have those render in depth like the nameplates?

Thanks!
Post edited by mangarr on

Comments

• jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to jump into this here conversation. I use 3D vision, and I'm very VERY pleased to see that Cryptic has been putting effort into making it work with Neverwinter. While it's not perfect, the fixes put into play are HUGE. The nameplates are fantastic, and make the game truly playable in 3D. The crosshair is good, but when you turn up the convergence, it gets closer than the actual objects in the game. This makes it very difficult to use, especially when the enemies are close up, and the crosshairs become a huge eyesore. I enabled the Nvidia crosshairs, and they seem to line up with the depth of the object they're on top of... so it's unfortunate that I can't disable the in game crosshairs. I wish I had been aware of their progress with 3D vision while the features were still being tested. So... to summarize current issues that I've experienced:

In game chat bubbles are at screen depth
    Shadows have wrong depth when increasing convergence
    Targeting reticle has wrong depth when increasing convergence

Hrm... I think that might be it. You all have done a wonderful job on the 3D compatibility so far! Look forward to seeing future enhancements!

OH! And put these changes into Star Trek Online as well! Space combat in 3D will be SPECTACULAR!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep agree the 3D compatibility in the game rocks but it could use some minor improvements, what impresses me about it all is very seldom do you see a 3rd person game render that well but Cryptic pulled it off.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When you turn up the convergence to a comfortable level, the 3D is really quite fantastic. The objects really pop. They really need to test more with different convergence settings, though. No one using 3D vision would actually choose to play with the convergence turned as low as they have it set as far as working with the crosshair and shadows.
  • dangerousavedangerousave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    can I play it without the 3d version or not my computerreturns fault while loading due to lack of it