test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest Needs Reviews/Feedback - The Secret of Greymoor Priory

imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, folks.

My foundry quest needs reviews, but more to the point, it needs feedback.
I've got it fairly polished, but I want it as perfect as possible, as I plan to submit it for Featured.

Please run my quest. If you think it's not worth 5 stars, please send me an in-game email to @Gruffydd telling me why so that I can fix it.

The quest itself is a balance of story and combat, with a fair number of optional NPCs and lore items to give story and depth, without slowing down the pace if you want to zerg on through. Some of the optional NPCs provide useful information, or even alter the flow of the quest, but they are not required to complete the quest.

Duration is usually somewhere between 35 and 45 minutes if you explore and talk to people, and as short as 17 if you only hit the quest objectives.

This is a revision of a previously published quest, so if you've tried it before and liked it, please try it again and let me know what you think of the changes.

If you have a quest of your own you want reviewed, please email the name or short code to me or put it in the review, and I'll review yours in return.

Thanks.
Post edited by imaginaerum1 on

Comments

• nimzowitchnimzowitch Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    Good foundry work. I got stuck on the "Return to the Surface" objective after the final fight. Chief Snapjaw will not appear to open the way to get to the ladder until you activate the statue that gives you Aiden Rolfsen as a companion. I wandered around for quite a while before figuring that out. I liked the fx work that you did in the final encounter, and the vines that appear when you activate the statue to get Aiden was a nice touch. The rug in front of your reward chest needs to be raised a little. Nice job. Please give Siren's Cove Castaways a play when you get a chance.
  • boudicciaboudiccia Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Holy 9 hells. This foundry was a death trap for me. Thought 5 injury kits and two stacks of potions would be enough but I ended up dying 7 times in the respawn room alone.

This is what my character looked like when I had to throw in the towel.
    Injured_zps893c48c2.jpg
    Try my Foundry: Claiming the Halfling Quarter NW-DIRT5MWZH
    Sequel: The Return to Sloping Street NW-DACVPHGHW
    Part 3: The Merchant's Tower NW-DC3LB6TZ9
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @boudiccia:
    Wow... that is an absolute first for me for this quest.
    I'm sorry you had this experience with it, but I'm a little baffled as to how, as the only things that should end up in that respawn room are a group of 5 kobold minions, and sometime later once the patrol kicks in, another group of kobold minions if you get too close to the door.
    Can you give me some details as to what made it so difficult? I'd like to adjust it so that it doesn't happen again, if possible.
    edited October 2013
    @nimzowitch:
    Glad you liked it.
    You were quite correct on Snapjaw not appearing when he was supposed to. It has been modified so that he appears the moment you find the children after the boss fight. I've added some other stuff to make it more apparent that you are supposed to use one or the other of the statues (as using either opens the exit), and to block off the rest of the caves in case that is missed to prevent unnecessary wandering. It should all be in with the next publish.
    The carpet has been fixed as well.

Thanks for the feedback, this is the exact kind of thing I needed.
    I'll give yours a try.
  • boudicciaboudiccia Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @boudiccia:
    Wow... that is an absolute first for me for this quest.
    I'm sorry you had this experience with it, but I'm a little baffled as to how, as the only things that should end up in that respawn room are a group of 5 kobold minions, and sometime later once the patrol kicks in, another group of kobold minions if you get too close to the door.
    Can you give me some details as to what made it so difficult? I'd like to adjust it so that it doesn't happen again, if possible.

There were no kobolds in the room I got respawn killed at. This was the part after talking to the Kobold chief and he leads me to a tunnel. I died immediately after going through the tunnel. There were 4 stacked encounters of skeletons standing on the respawn camp fire so there was nothing to do except chain die over and over again.
    Try my Foundry: Claiming the Halfling Quarter NW-DIRT5MWZH
    Sequel: The Return to Sloping Street NW-DACVPHGHW
    Part 3: The Merchant's Tower NW-DC3LB6TZ9
    edited October 2013
    Hrm. Three, actually, each with two weak archers and two three-bar melee fighters. They're not really stacked, they are patrols. They enter the room from the east, then north, then west. There should be enough time to deal with all three patrols in sequence, as they are really not that powerful.
    You're the first to have had such a problem with them. I wish I had something better to tell you on this one.
  • buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Played through your Quest and found it enjoyable. No major issues, combat went smoothly for lvl 60 cleric - I'll try another toon on next run.

Some minor issues with a few of the dialogues which you might want to consider. I was exploring so they may not occur when following Quest trails.

Rolf: seemed a bit un-naturally aggressive when telling me to go look in Priory. Didn't think there was a reason from our chat for this but as it only dawned on me after leaving him maybe he just got sick of the questions.
    Johan Svenson (or Mr Pig as I knew him) : chat options always ended with where to find Rolf but I had already found him and spoken to him and got quest.
    Gwythin Gladewaker (grumpy herb dude): spoke to him before exploring the Priory and chat options included 'what was that middle part again' - strange since I hadn't spoken to him previously. When I talked to him again after getting the unlock quest he didn't offer that ^ reminder so maybe some dialogue parts need switching around.
    Snapjaw: I expected him to have more chat options after I told him any tricks and I'll kill you but he just meekly replied no no etc - not snappy enough for me. :D
    Statues: not really a fan of red text, 'u can't do anything here yet'. I would preferred some sort of hint/clue type response.

Aftermath: Was a bit short of time so I can't confirm if anyone in the village was interested in what I found out but I would've liked to have been able to share the adventure with someone.

(A very minor petty thing now...... "What" you say, "Even more minor than the above?". I wasn't sure how I arrived at the village. I ended up assuming I arrived by boat so I'd rather appear on the jetty rather than the sand nearby. But maybe I forgot/missed some text.)

It felt a bit familiar but was an enjoyable quest and since it has more than 1 ending it will require more than 1 play. ;)

PS. my cleric now wants to buy a crystal-crafting Kobold pet.
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey, I will be happy to give your quest a run. Would you be able to reciprocate by playing mine? I have the following:

Campaign: The Revenge of Asmodeus
    Quest 1: Fall of the City of Grumura
    Quest 2:The Demi-God's Return

Either will do, if you like the first, maybe you will play the second. The first already is a daily, the second, a play or two away. I will leave it up to you which of the two. Click their links for more information about each quest.

I will post once I am done, and PM you my notes!
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PLAYTHROUGH:

I played through the quest, excellent job man! It was quite challenging at times, with the stacking of encounters, but I have a very powerful CW, so I was able to dispatch them without becoming overwhelmed. I have to say, this is masterful storytelling, I am impressed. I am PMing you my notes. 5 star review, easily. However, I do have some suggestions to improve an already spectacularly written quest that I will PM. My suggestions are not with regards to the storyline, but to improve parts that may have been overlooked or not concentrated on during your build of this publication. Nevertheless, this is absolutely a top tier foundry quest!

I look forward to your input on mine. I have made adjustments to my quests, collectively, they will take as long as your one, so I hope you give them a shot. I have provided links to both quests on my prior post. Play either one, or both, up to you! I also have an invitation for you, which I will explain in my PM.