test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blink Dog for Renegades?

gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Library
Lvl 50 CW, I recently bought a Blink Dog because I was a bit bored with my doughty warrior companion, and the dog was cheap and green and I thought the concept was cool for my Wizard. My theory was that since it gives combat advantage that would be useful seeing as I'm going into Renegade spec with the Feats that give and proc off combat advantage. Subjectively, it seems to work just fine, and I'm always seeing "Combat Advantage" flagged, and pumping out copious amounts of damage. But I'm curious if any other Renegades use the Blink Dog for this purpose, of if anyone has run any numbers on this?

(Btw, Cryptic, the sound seems to be bugged on this, it's constantly growling whenever I ride a horse, quite annoying. Maybe it doesn't like being "picked up" :) )
Post edited by gurugeorge on

Comments

• Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I don't know about CWs but I found him very useful for my TR. He'll always tank mobs away from me giving me CA. If I somehow end up facing the mob, he'll teleport behind the enemy and give me CA again.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I've never run the numbers, but my renegade and TR like their blink dogs.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's the opportunity cost of NOT using an Ioun Stone, though?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1