test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please change quest "Bearing Arms" in Sharandar so people can't ninja the prisoner

lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It is extremely frustrating to engage the mobs guarding the plant to have some lazy reject come up and open up the plant and get credit for freeing the prisoner. Please change the quest so that if you engage the mobs only you can open the plant for a short period. It would put a cold stop to this kind of BS.

Thanks
Post edited by lordbane40 on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fun fact, if you are standing near the prisoner when a person talks to them, you get credit as if you talked to the prisoner yourself.
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Fun fact, if you are standing near the prisoner when a person talks to them, you get credit as if you talked to the prisoner yourself.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time with happens. Invariably it happens to at least one of my characters a couple times a week.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I generally follow them to the next pod and do the same to them.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    aulduron wrote: »
    I generally follow them to the next pod and do the same to them.

Me too. I usually stop fighting when they come to open my pod and I make sure I am standing nice and close to the player so any AOE puts him in combat and then I talk to the prisoner as soon as he drops. I had no idea you get credit if you are standing there. I will have to test this and see if I get credit. If you do then I have no problem with people opening my pods. It would be nice if they help kill everything when they are done though. LOL.

The real annoying one is the quest where you have to plant trees. You are fighting the Cyclops and thorn and someone runs up, plants their tree, and runs away leaving you to deal with the 4 guys that pop up. It's not a big deal when your abilities are not on cooldown, but many times I will lose all my AP because everything is on CD and I can't pick the Prowries out of the mess fast enough to kill them.

Edit.......

I just tested this and you do get credit when someone else opens your pod and talks to the guy so I guess it is not really a big deal and probably doesn't need to be changed.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as previously stated Bearing arms grants credit for anyone standing near the npc when they are given the weapons. So they're helping you out and you vindictively following them to return the favor is you helping them out.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same as killing Fomorian Witches and Warriors. These things are immune to almost everything, so helping someone kill them gives you both credit.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)