test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have You Ever...

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Temple
Have you ever let someone die on purpose by not healing them? What was the reason for doing so?

The only times I don't heal party is when I'm swamp with adds or party split up into two groups.
Post edited by dustwiper on

Comments

• misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Define letting them die, I've deliberately avoided to waste healing on a "less needed" class if I've found it necessary, yes. My goal is to keep myself, one CW, and the one kiting/tanking the boss alive at all times, everything else comes second. If this means not healing a second DC/CW/GWF/TR, so be it, they are expendable in most cases.
    (Yes, this is a quite cynic point of view)
    Wizard.jpg
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Well, the solo-players... I don't care - who starts a solo thing, has to survive on his own.
    If he dies, it's not my fault.

If the party splits in a bossfight, you have to decide what side has to be the higher chance to survive, and what side is able to kill.
    e.g. it's a bit pointless let a tank die, and noone else is able to. Also its kinda pointless to keep the tank alive, while the rest is flat on the ground.
    On next hand there are some CW/TRs who idle low-hp somewhere far away, and don't get it to come a few steps closer or stand in the shield... If they die, they die. I do a few steps, yes - but I will never start running and risk a wipe for someone who runs away from me...

Also there are some... unfriendly people out there, blaming for everything,... blablabla. You probably know who these are? The ones who know it all better, the ones who want you to tell how to play. No matter how well you do... and so on, just the unfriendly fellas out there. (also these are often the ones, who try any solo action...)
    The people who have a really bad behaviour on the party, will get the less heals from me - if they die, it's still an accident...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyone with an "l33t d3wd" (or "aren't-I-clever", or offensive, etc) PC name doesn't exist to me. Anywhere. Party, solo, chat, etc.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I let a GWF die on purpose. Why?

He;

a) Made a point of telling me how to play at the start,
    b) proceeded to surge ahead of the party, isolating himself and moaning at me for his high potion use,
    c) took an item for a TR and my friend was the TR in the party. Friend asked the GWF why he would take an item he can't use and he told my friend to stop moaning and play.
    d) We came to a point where the two party members who were familiar with the dungeon tried to come up with a plan and he decided to run ahead. He got every one of us, including himself, killed twice before he actually listened to the plan, which surprise-surprise, worked.

Suffice it to say, I eventually refused to heal him between fights and ignored him in the boss fight. He died, but we still killed the boss without him.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Obviously yes: if a player doesn't do teamwork maybe can die cause I don't see his health .... maybe eh!
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    I feel awful for saying it, but when I pug in PVP, the first thing I do is check the gear/stats of any DPS we have in the match. Of course I heal everyone if I can when possible, but I'll always prioritize healing players with stronger enchants/gear because they will actually have an impact on the match's outcome (even if it means the more weakly geared players are killed). Even if a geared player is bad, if you keep them alive long enough, they'll eventually be able to get some kills!

There's one other case where nobody gets healing - when the other four people on my team decide they want to 4v1 the enemy's sentinel gwf on our home point. As soon as I see this, I forget trying to heal the fail-team and slot for DPS to try and get random daunting light crits on people. It's a fun way to finish a match if you're going to lose no matter what!
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yes, A CW who said "Healer is a nооb"
    I stopped tanking for him.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The very first thing i tell ppl (especially when pugging in PvP) is: Whatch ur health. There are pots in the map. Why? cuz i wontrun around like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> trying to heal dat soloish pro-wannabe TR. I only focus on those in the flags (cap points). While in dungeon, well im not their mommy, but i usually do my best, except if they trully believe that i am their mothers and start to treat me like. >_>
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I let people die when they don't play their roles. When all adds are on me while the CWs only nuke the boss why should I help them in return anyway? Same in PVP, had it sometimes that my team never helped, always run away from me when I needed some help why on the other hand I healed them when they were about to die. I switched to stuff that dealt damage and avoided to hit people next to them with Astral Seal to stop helping them in return. That's basically the one game btw. I played as a healer where "protecting the healer" is not really common. In other MMOs the rest of the party always watched the healer's health and tried to pull aggro off him - not in NW, at least not in pugs. Often ppl hardly see that I am dead when I don't spam "Help".
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope, but I can't heal stupid/foolish.

Sure, I can try to run after the zerging GWF/TR who doesn't seem to know how to play defensively or I could drop my blue circle on the CW who doesn't want to teleport out of a red circle. But those are both losing strategies. I'd love for the group to not have any deaths, but if people play as though the entire group is present for their convenience and playstyle without any thought to communication and teamwork then there really isn't a whole lot than can be done.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I let pugs die in pvp if they are constantly taking damage. I'm not wasting a bar on divinity of you are dumb enough to stand still while a non-stealthed TR lashing's you. #notworthhealing...
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sometimes I do engage in triage. Especially pugs and there is the one dude who refuses to get out of large hits/red areas. If you are experienced in dungeons, you can typically tell if its going to be possible to 4 man/3 man/carry after the first large pull or boss. I will try to give the party a heads up if I believe it may happen.

Triage definition:
    1. (in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There is an old saying in MMO's --"You can't heal through stupid"

Overextending, players not fullfilling their roles with the group, and poeple splitting off the group and then not coming back into range for heals, and ppl sitting in red dmg and taking spike damage are the likely culprits. I usually try to be polite and act as a leader and let ppl know if they need to tighten up in any of these areas so I can do my job and heal properly.

Fully geared with a good heal spec makes healing even end game content fairly straightforward provided everyone is doing their part.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Purposefully Divine Sunburst a TR into the lava pits below while he was on a mob in a PUG once... I stopped healing him long before that though... He kept taking all the Religion Kits, along with everyone else's!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I never "let" anyone die even bads.

I can't prevent people being 1-shotted by being dumb however.
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    What annoys me is when some level 60s run away from my astral shield.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I've never purposefully let anyone die, but triage: sure. "Sorry TR: you've tried to stand in fire every opportunity you got, and THIS time there's a CW that needs the heals more."

I feel like the "I don't heal people who aren't performing their role" approach is a little self-referential, given that our role is more or less "to heal". SOMEONE should be trying to do their job, after all.
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I once tossed my whole team into the spike pit just at the end of Grey Wolf. They kept heckling me because they could all out sprint me. I enjoyed returning the favor while they ran back. :D

Never in boss fights though. It's all business then.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People who refuse to stand on my AS circles (especially since I put extra effort into positioning these properly) on fights that don't require a lot of movement. I let these die all the time.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.