test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

spell plague 2nd boss

killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
so we all know that we used to avoid the second boss "the maw" i never had the chance to fight it
then the devs decide to force us to not get away easily , and oh god its so difficult

the boss is easy but the mobs are hellish , 2-3 maws and many berzerkers its just to much .i lost many runs because of this boss

so plz if you have a way to get the kill tell us , or plz dev team make it bearable at least remove many mobs and the game turns to doable .
Post edited by killswitchengag on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Safe way: Tank and kill maws first, preferably without aggroing boss. Then proceed as normal boss fight. Do not aggro all the berserkers.

Other method. Run to gate, have DC and CW stand ontop of gate and AOE everything while tank keeps aggro.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There are a few "kinda safe" tactics...
    Just running in and pull em all will fail by 90% I'd say - may only works with well-formed longplayed parties...
    Many (random) parties just wiping by boss + one maw.

1: Most common: hug left wall to a bigger gap on outside wall (about 2/3 of the circled room). There its possible to fight the boss without pulling any maw by beeing lucky, also you can get out with any maw aggro. Mostly you will add one maw during the fight.
    By that way you need to idle a short moment on first little smaler gap, and wait until one maw passed.
    2: getting the maws singled at enterance, pull em one by one, boss after them.

3: bug em and be lame and lazy... some might say "exp!!oneone"... -.-
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've always killed this boss. 99% certain you had to because the way Spellplague is designed with quest based objectives you have to follow the quest in order to progress. Which makes you wonder why they didn't design every dungeon this way if they were so worried about shortcuts.

yeah you used to be able to jump the gate and get just the boss and a maw or 2 and a few plaguegazer adds and, and, oh wait that's basically all you have to fight anyway why did we even bother jumping the gate? so we can fight all that in a tiny hallway with less room to maneuver??

zerg rush boss and kill him, collect loot, kill all the adds.

nothing about this fight changed at all. he's still stupid easy. in a really bad pug maybe you need to hug left wall and fight in the corner so you only get boss plus a maw or 2. where the "whoops we shipped the game without finishing it" 2nd, unobtainable orb is.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As craeh1 says, hug left wall to the opening with the orb, range-pull boss when safe, go back to safe zone, wait for boss, zerg boss and AoE down everything.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I asked a similar question earlier from the CW point of view, here is the discussion, hopefully it will help.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?484481-Advice-for-second-bosses-of-Frozen-Heart-amp-Spellplague

Please let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't bother killing the maw, it respawns after a time.

As others have said, hug left wall until you hit the area with the orb. Don't draw berserkers, because they're the main issues. If two maws are really too hard for you to handle, have GF take one maw closer to the entrance point while rest of party deals with adds and boss. I usually run with 1 CW, 1 DC, 1 GWF/GF and 2 TR, however, it might be easier to run with 2 CW, especially if your CW isn't very very good. Basically, just have the CW(s) tab entangle and spam OF/sing (sing away from boss), and have the DPS classes kill the boss. Honestly, as long as you don't pull berserkers, everything should be fine, and even one or two zerks should be okay for a CW to handle, as long as they're good. Main thing is to not pull zerks and you're fine.

Otherwise, any TR (even non-permastealth), can solo this boss. Have party stand at entrance (don't go in) while the TRs solos, in case the TR dies. If TR dies, just go in, aggro boss so you don't lose progress, until TR gets in and then you all wipe so the TR can continue soloing.
  • Options
    holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here's the way I like doing it -

Hug the left wall to safe spot. Pull one maw, get him under control. Pull the nearest berserker spawn, DPS it dead. Everyone back on Maw and get it down to about 10%, pull boss. Finish off Maw, work on boss and adds.

Pulling and killing the berserker is not necessary but can make it easier in case it gets agro during the boss/add fight. Which happens way to often unless you're in a party that knows the fight and works well together.