test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Events - Please stop the bots?

spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I like the events, it gives people a chance to make nice AD. However, the ones that make out from this is actually bots or people who use them. Not only do they get AD from the gems they can sell, they can now get the "Purses" as cream on top.

For those that actually play the game and do dungeons, these "purses" don't drop and it is a real shame. I know botter would stand go gain considerable wealth from this.

I don't know what you will do, I suggest you make so "Purses" drop in dungeons and I would go so far as to remove them from any "solo" content.
Post edited by spanky2014 on

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    and I would go so far as to remove them from any "solo" content.

...so you would take them away from the people who don't play your preferred way? Yeah, that seems fair. Brilliant marketing/PR move, too.

Not everyone who doesn't dungeon-farm constantly is a bot, you know.
  • aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    What makes you think that bots can't run dungeons?
  • izzbannizzbann Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the events, it gives people a chance to make nice AD. However, the ones that make out from this is actually bots or people who use them. Not only do they get AD from the gems they can sell, they can now get the "Purses" as cream on top.

For those that actually play the game and do dungeons, these "purses" don't drop and it is a real shame. I know botter would stand go gain considerable wealth from this.

I don't know what you will do, I suggest you make so "Purses" drop in dungeons and I would go so far as to remove them from any "solo" content.

I do solo content. I have been getting purses. I am not a bot. So to stop the few that may be botting you think I should no longer get purses?
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WEll i hate to play solo, cus its boring imo. But farming purses in a party is not working. How bout that then? Shoulnt we who prefer partyplaying be able to do so?!
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quest items not dropping in a group setting is a big downer. You have to go through solo grind and cannot simply continue you normal habits and play the game as you used to.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't remember the not-group dropping being an issue with the Tymora boxes, so why it's a problem now I'm sure is even more baffling to the Devs than it is to us. I agree it sucks, because I've turned down several DD invites in order to focus on the event.

But no, removing solo content, even though you only list it as an extreme, is not an answer especially in this context as then there would be practically no event at all since next to nothing would drop.
    contents to be decided
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This guy has a long history of posts that contain nothing but complaints and calling others names / fighting with them because he's not getting what he wants. He really needs to stop whining so much and stop playing if it is so bad for him.

I can't believe he is actually complaining about getting free diamonds.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    I don't remember the not-group dropping being an issue with the Tymora boxes, so why it's a problem now I'm sure is even more baffling to the Devs than it is to us. I agree it sucks, because I've turned down several DD invites in order to focus on the event.

But no, removing solo content, even though you only list it as an extreme, is not an answer especially in this context as then there would be practically no event at all since next to nothing would drop.

I believe the problem with grouping is because with the Tymora event. It was possible to mass farm in large groups. 5 people on a farming map generally equaled 5 times as many boxes, and done in a 5th the time as solo. Its not hard to find stories of folks who literally farmed thousands of the things over the course of the weekend.

As typical for Cryptic, their initial reaction always seems to be fairly heavy handed. I suspect they are carefully monitoring things to see how well this change has combated mass farming. Is it any surprise that we have seen a GM in game two days in a row?
  • izzbannizzbann Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If the purses are not dropping in dungeons, then that is the issue that should be addressed. They ARE dropping in group foundry quests, so groups/solo is not the issue.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I believe the problem with grouping is because with the Tymora event. It was possible to mass farm in large groups. 5 people on a farming map generally equaled 5 times as many boxes, and done in a 5th the time as solo. Its not hard to find stories of folks who literally farmed thousands of the things over the course of the weekend.

As typical for Cryptic, their initial reaction always seems to be fairly heavy handed. I suspect they are carefully monitoring things to see how well this change has combated mass farming. Is it any surprise that we have seen a GM in game two days in a row?

Man... I wish I was a bit more diabolical minded. Although I will admit that making it solo play only, intentionally or not, has urged me onto doing more foundries that meet the daily requirement. Might as well get two birds with one stone.
    contents to be decided
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I also spend a few hours or some just by running around and farming, mainly on the same route thats short and working well with my encounters.
    had some nice talks via teamspeak while that, but also did some dungeons with mates and randoms.

If theres something that looks worth to farm to me, I do it.
    So don't blame others for your kinda laziness about farming. Just farm, or don't.

I'm lucky with it, got some dragon eggs, about 300k ADs, that cloak (looks nice for me), and various blue craftitems (mainly from leadingship - so in some time more ADs :D )...
    And also got some nice rare blue items via opening bags from collective rewards - just again more ADs, if someones buys them...

Gotta ad: I'm against botting, or any kind of cheating / exploiting / bug(ab)using.
    Special if its about playing with/against other players.
    If people cheat/... on solo (and also offline) games, IDGAF. But on multiplayers its just lame.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, I'm not that good at farming. I've managed to get 9 of the 8-purse boxes so far. Looking for the pants.... all I've gotten is Dye, Coins, and lots & lots of crafting mats. No pants, no RAD.
  • rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Using RuneScape, botters have managed to tweak their skills to the point where they were able to do literally everything in the entire game just by using bot programs on their character. Same thing for Vindictus and, I believe, WoW....though I don't think too many botters even wasted their time with WoW.

I mean, it was exploitable, but at the same time the level of achievement compared to other players was...weak.

So I agree with a previous poster: What makes you think bots can't do literally everything in a game with about 97% the same exact design as those games?
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    rezlez wrote: »
    So I agree with a previous poster: What makes you think bots can't do literally everything in a game with about 97% the same exact design as those games?

To be perfectly honest, I've never seen a bot in a Dungeon in NV?
    So why not make purses drop in dungeons also? It can be "personal" drops only like Lockboxes.
    Also, if I'm not mistaken then there is also a limit on how many purses that will drop in an hour regardless of how many mobs you kill. I believe this to be about 30-40 purses an hr.

All I know is that those that have bots, or use bots stand to make 1M AD per bot/day and seems nothing is being done about it.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013

i hate to break it to you... but this is an MMO and people farm these events. if bots partake in this as well, they have as much or as little chance to get the same rewards. plus they also have to contend with other people in the open areas. if MMOs restricted themselves by not having events because of bots, that would be a terrible business decision.

and the only reason why bots exists is because some people use these places to buy in-game currency rather than doing it legitimately.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be perfectly honest, I've never seen a bot in a Dungeon in NV?
    Queue for a normal dungeon sometimes. There are tons of them there.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i hate to break it to you... but this is an MMO and people farm these events. if bots partake in this as well, they have as much or as little chance to get the same rewards. plus they also have to contend with other people in the open areas. if MMOs restricted themselves by not having events because of bots, that would be a terrible business decision.

and the only reason why bots exists is because some people use these places to buy in-game currency rather than doing it legitimately.

granted there will always be bots in any game. Cryptic/PWE need to be more active in banning then? I guess it is a F2P game, so they don't care so much. oh well, bots bring me cheap enchants.

you also mention that they have to contend with other players for mobs? no, not really. they are usually all rogues. safe to say 99.9% are rogues and can 1 shot mobs. bot run around for 24/7. humans need sleep.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    granted there will always be bots in any game. Cryptic/PWE need to be more active in banning then? I guess it is a F2P game, so they don't care so much. oh well, bots bring me cheap enchants.

you also mention that they have to contend with other players for mobs? no, not really. they are usually all rogues. safe to say 99.9% are rogues and can 1 shot mobs. bot run around for 24/7. humans need sleep.

It's not so much that they don't care, but the fact that they need to find a point where it's unprofitable to run a bot, and isn't detrimental to the normal players experience.

The changes to profession nodes making them drop trash if you collect so many within an hour, that was an anti botting measure, making Neverember and the quest givers in the Feywild content give random quests each day, that's an anti botting measure.

As you said, banning the accounts is no good as they just make another, IP banning isn't feasible due to most people not having a static address to begin with, MAC bans would work but are easily circumvented and can wind up hitting legit players who buy second hand parts.

Tell me, without making it stupid difficult for players to play and without adding a subscription fee, how are they supposed to stop the botters completely? All's they can do is implement anti-botting scripts (which will be useless in a day or two) and ban any bots they find.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same guy, 3000 purses on sale, 250 purses lots...

Right...
  • yinyyiny Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    izzbann wrote: »
    If the purses are not dropping in dungeons, then that is the issue that should be addressed. They ARE dropping in group foundry quests, so groups/solo is not the issue.

Interesting, we did 2 group foundry quests last night for over 2 hours and none of us got a coin purse to drop....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Currently: Lilyth Lightlorn@dreasimy of Hammerfist Clan.
    Formerly Neverwinterly Known As: Allsfaire of KORT ITB Lilyth Tr1sta of House Fey-Branche Sednablood of BDA NWT Cyane