test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scribes Enclave: Growing, but still room for more! :)

zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
Hi all, it's just me again. :)Scribes Enclave is up to 78 members now!

Scribes Enclave is an out-of-game guild of foundry authors and players. We offer reviews and feedback, as well as help and tutoring. Not to mention the moral support of a circle of friends.

This time of year is known for bringing a lull in online gaming, and our group has been struck with this phenomenon as well. Some of our members and reviewers are busy now with different things. We have plenty of room for new members, and could really use some new reviewers, too. :)

The following information explains the slight differences in our membership options, as well as listing what our site has to offer. To join, you will need a free GuildLaunch user account, which many of you may already have for other guilds. Then just apply for membership to Scribes Enclave.
We have two statuses for our members, basic members and registered volunteer reviewers. There is very little difference between the two. Any member can have their status changed at any time by simply sending a GuildLaunch mail to the Site Manager, Zeirlynn.

Members' Privileges
1. Create their own author biography in our Scribes' Directory forum.
2. Post their quests in our Members' Quest Catalog forums.
3. Review and give feedback for other members' quests, following the Scribes' Enclave Reviewing System guidelines.
4. Offer or request tutoring in our Tutoring forum.
5. Post and reply to topics in our Tips, Tricks, and Mistakes forum.
6. Post and reply to topics in our General Neverwinter Foundry Discussion forum.
7. Post and discuss links to other sites in our Neverwinter Foundry Network forum.
8. Browse and reply to reviewers' threads in our Scribes' Enclave Reviewers forum.
9. Browse and reply to reviewers' threads in our Review Offers forum.
10. Use our Scribes' Enclave TeamSpeak 3 server.

Reviewers' Privileges
1. Create their own author biography in our Scribes' Directory forum.
2. Post their quests in our Members' Quest Catalog forums.
3. Review and give feedback for other members' quests, following the Scribes' Enclave Reviewing System guidelines.
4. Offer or request tutoring in our Tutoring forum.
5. Post and reply to topics in our Tips, Tricks, and Mistakes forum.
6. Post and reply to topics in our General Neverwinter Foundry Discussion forum.
7. Post and discuss links to other sites in our Neverwinter Foundry Network forum.
8. Browse and reply to reviewers' threads in our Scribes' Enclave Reviewers forum.
9. Browse and reply to reviewers' threads in our Review Offers forum.
10. Use our Scribes' Enclave TeamSpeak 3 server.
11. Required to post their own introductory thread in our Scribes' Enclave Reviewers forum.
12. Post their events in our Review Offers forum.
13. Post their events on our site Calendar.

Here's a little sneak peak at our Members' Quest Catalog from this morning...

QuestCatalog_zps00b516c7.jpg~original
Post edited by zbkolde on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, I had no idea of this, I'll definitely join :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks reiwulf, and welcome. :)

Already 3 new members this morning! :D
  • Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    I already have a guild, even with Foundry help, but unfortunately there aren't as many foundry authors as I'd like... Is it okay if I ask yall for help when I'm making my own foundries?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rezlez wrote: »
    I already have a guild, even with Foundry help, but unfortunately there aren't as many foundry authors as I'd like... Is it okay if I ask yall for help when I'm making my own foundries?

Yes, of course. :) And also, we are currently working on building our network with Mythweavers, we've had correspondence. :)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rezlez wrote: »

Also, to clarify if anyone else is wondering -- Scribes' Enclave is an "out-of-game" guild, so if you are a member of a guild "in-game" it doesn't matter -- you are still welcome to join.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I'll bite.

Funny, turns out I've had a GuildLaunch account for three years for my old Section 31 Fleet in STO.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Also, to clarify if anyone else is wondering -- Scribes' Enclave is an "out-of-game" guild, so if you are a member of a guild "in-game" it doesn't matter -- you are still welcome to join.

Thank you Eldarth. :) And yes, all of our guild activity takes place on our site. We welcome members from any other guild, in- or out-of-game.

We would also like to build networks with any other foundry-oriented guilds or sites, to get as much exposure and gather as many resources as possible for our members and friends. We're not here to compete, we're here to promote and support. :D

And welcome AngrySprite, and all the others that have joined this morning. :) Thank you for your support.
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, join us! We have cookies... er, well actually your browser has cookies. But we have cake! ... er... well, we did have cake. Now the cake is a lie.

But we do play foundries! And we make foundries!
  • Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do yall do video reviews of the quests? Or planning to do something like that?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Do yall do video reviews of the quests? Or planning to do something like that?

We do not at this time, no. We've had a couple of members that offered video reviews, but they aren't active anymore. We just play quests and send feedback via private messages.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    We just play quests and send feedback via private messages.

Which I think is *usually* preferred as a lot of authors (at least myself anyway) get quests to a point where we believe the quest is at least "functional" but appreciate a fresh set of eyes seeing the blemishes to which we've become blinded. Although, once it feels sufficiently polished it might be nice to have a video review out there in the public eye.
  • Options
    phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Best decision I had ever made for this game was to join this guild! Everyone is great, supportive, and helpful... if you are a foundry author, you want to join this guild! No in game relationship required, and you can actually be a member of any guild in-game while still becoming a member of the Scribes Enclave!'

I highly suggest this guild if you are an author! I went from 7 plays to 23 in a couple of days due to being a member of this guild! Play great foundries, and have other members play your foundries! It is the ultimate guild for any foundry author! Apply today!

This is not a paid advertisement, and has not been approved by Scribes Enclave :D