test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Knight Valor stuck bug is back...

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I thought this had been fixed soon after beta ended but today it was back...

In the middle of a dungeon, the Knight Valor power suddenly refused to work, regardless of which quick key (Q,E,R) I put it in. I was able to put other powers in the same quickkey and it worked fine. Putting back KV still didn't fix it, which is sad cause it is my favorite power (and party members love it too obviously)

I remember that bug happening in the past and the way to fix it was to restart the client. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that as I was finishing up a DD.

I recall there was a post about it but couldn't find it in forums, so I am reposting.

Please give feedback.
Thanks
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bumping this thread as the bug still exists.

What happens:
    You activate Knights Valor and around the time it ends, the symbol lights up around the edges as if it was active and you cannot activate it again until you change map. Dropping another encounter there and KV back doesn't fix it.

At first I thought it was related to being CCed, but this doesn't seem to be the case
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can anyone confirm if this bug is still around? Hopefully it has been addressed by one of the previous patches already.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    Can confirm, happens quite often. I don't know what causes it.

Also: Knight's Valor causes any debuffs you would apply to an enemy to apply to you when it is active (because mechanically you are dealing damage to yourself). The easiest way to spot this is if you are a Protector and have Iron Guard, you will apply those stacks to yourself.

Thoroughly bugged skill.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm it is still around.

It is a rare issue and I have failed to ever intentionally reproduce it but it has happened to me as recently as during the last CTA.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah, good thing it's a rare issue. So this means that KV will proc my weapon enchantment on myself if KV is stacked with SoS, am I right? I really hope we get to see this addressed in the future. I remember reading that it was fixed before. As for the I tried browsing many of the old Knight's Valor bug reports and I found something which says that it happens when you are hit with an interrupt while KV is active. Not sure if it's accurate though.

Anyway, I'll be getting my GF to 60 later once the event hits. Hopefully I don't encounter this too often. KV is awesome.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can tell, it is still there: I had it today and yesterday and the only workaround was to go to the character select screen and back; but it is not always an option, all the more not if in the middle of a fight.
  • Options
    lopapalolopapalo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can confirm this bug....

When uses this encounter power in a dungeon, randomly refuse to work. The solution for this problem is relog.

Every day play with my Guardian Fighter and every day the power become bugged. It is not an exaggeration.

Regards,
  • Options
    darkzangadarkzanga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let me also bump this. This happends every single day multiple times a day. Knights Valor stops working. If you do back to back skirmishes you can almost cause this issue every time. Once you leave the skirmish it will start to work again. Rinse repeat-- few more skirmish it stops working again.

This shows the thought and care they give a GF. Problem since 10-13-2013 at the least.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Don't forget that they gave this bug to Knight's Challenge too despite it being reported multiple times here and on preview. Bless their hearts for ruining another of our skills instead of fixing this one. GF needed nerfing anyways.
  • Options
    insubstantialinsubstantial Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2014
    darkzanga wrote: »
    Let me also bump this. This happends every single day multiple times a day. Knights Valor stops working. If you do back to back skirmishes you can almost cause this issue every time. Once you leave the skirmish it will start to work again. Rinse repeat-- few more skirmish it stops working again.

This shows the thought and care they give a GF. Problem since 10-13-2013 at the least.

I played DDO for 6 years. I am on the *verge* of getting into Neverwinter. One thing that kept me really enjoying DDO was dominating the kill count in quests. Call it silly/ridiculous or whatever, but it kept me playing.

Losing Knight Challenge in a group quest or PVP etc basically cripples my kills/damage making me look like a borderline complete idiot once the statistics show up.

Just throwing it out there... I was starting to get hooked and considering buying more stuff but this issue really just kind of deflated the entire experience. I have alot of games to play... Neverwinter was beginning to be one of my top games... this issue made it lose points big time. Just throwing this out there as maybe the devs will see it and prioritize fixing this.
  • Options
    darkzangadarkzanga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just so the devs dont get confused. There are (2) two issues Knights Valor and Knights Challenge. I am discussing Knights Valor. Seems to also be a Knights Challenge problem
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello this happens to my GF a lot. And with Knights challenge too.