test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't join a dungeon because I am getting booted?

petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was trying to get to epic caverns of karrundax and the invite would pop, I would join and then poof! Booted :(

Or at least I am pretty sure that is what was happening? I tried to rejoin the queue for that dungeon about 8 times and 8 times I was brought to the same game. I believe lots of people were having the same issues as a few names in the party were always changing whenever I would join and get booted.

I understand if people were trying to have a private game, but more than likely I assume they were just attempting to exploit the instance. I am fine with whatever they wanted to do with their own instance, but I am not fine with that appearing to be the ONLY instance I'm able to PUG. There is no way I can run that dungeon until they finish because I will always load there and always get booted?

If it was some funky bug or anyone can explain what I was experiencing I would like to know. I'm posting the info on the party leader because maybe they will see this or someone knows them? I'm not angry at that one person per say... but please don't hog a whole dungeon like an airplane bathroom?

Attachment not found.
Post edited by petestarks on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've experienced an issue where a dungeon would pop, but 1 or 2 people were already marked w/ a red X, and even if I accepted, the queue would spit me back out...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    something like this happened to me a few weeks ago while try to get an epic FH run. queued up, waited forever and then when the queue finally popped I spawned in only to see the GF and DC immediately leave squad. After that the rest of us left and re queued only to have it pop again and put us right back in the same instance together with the same GF and DC who again immediately left squad. SO we all tried a few more time but the same kept happening or worse, we'd spawn in with no squad.

Only thing I can figure is that the DC and GF were trying to use PUGs to get into the epic then kick us once they were in so they could 2 man the run. Why they wouldn't change the request setting after the first time so that the queue system would keep trying to replace us, I don't know. What I do know it that its a extremely ignorant thing to do to the rest of us since it ended up wasting 20 minutes of our time that could have been better spent trying to queue for something else or possibly getting the same run with another DF and DC that wanted to run it. Either way it totally ruined the night for me since I already had to wait 35 minutes just for the queue to pop in the first place then another 20 minutes of time re queuing trying to figure out what was going on leaving me about a whole 5 minutes to get a run after I gave up which of course I didn't get.
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    EXACTLY THIS!

Well I'm glad to know that I am not any more crazy than I already knew myself to be... The next question is wtf can be done to avoid this bs?

I'm going to assume the standard reply of join a guild or suck it?

*******UPDATE******

Still trying to join a game... This time it is FH, but I'm seeing the 2 X's like bioshrike said. It has been almost an hour and I have not been able to get into any of the dungeons I am in line for :(

*******UPDATE#2******

FINALLY! got into the dungeon, but it was bugged and no one was in my party. Tried to invite the only other person there and then he bailed. Then I got stuck in the instance and quit playing for a bit... FAIL!

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this game... it just gets REALLY hard sometimes.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Similar story. Queued for Epic Karrundax and two other dungeons. While waiting in queur I start the Feywild dailies, then a foundry, then report-spam two dozens of chinese farmers from the Zone chat, then more than one hour has passed, time for bed maybe. Poof! Karrundax pops.

The group starts to kill foes and after a while arrives at the first boss. Here I see the guys trying to climb the walls. Apparently it does not work as usual.
    "wtf?"
    "They fixed it?"
    By lack of a better plan, an old-school fight against the boss/adds starts (yunno, the tank tanks, the heal heals, the DD delivers damage) but nobody knows how to do. We wipe, they quit.
    English is not my first language.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    petestarks wrote: »
    FINALLY! got into the dungeon, but it was bugged and no one was in my party. Tried to invite the only other person there and then he bailed. Then I got stuck in the instance and quit playing for a bit... FAIL!

known bug, no ETA
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    when the Q invite pops if one player is red X DO NOT JOIN! it will not work.
    decline (shift-2) and re-Q
    edited October 2013
    I love when stuff has no ETA :(

It just sucks because I tried to decline, however that 2 X one keeps popping. That whole mess makes the dungeon unavailable to me until whoever is messing with it decides to stop. Running the lower dungeons like cloak tower works, but they get old and it is like the Q list just taunts you with what you COULD be playing, but can't really play...

Maybe if everyone that is having this happen makes a new post in the forums every day and ALL people read is about how the Q is broken and if you do get in there you get stuck in the instance they might take it a LITTLE more serious?
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I noticed this with the kicks not long after the merge. Qued for epic spider, got the que pop, zoned in, me and the other four that entered headed in and started to clear - the fifth was already deep into the DD. Yet there were a lot of mobs for us to clear. We made the first pull, TR that'd already been clearing snaps at us essentially saying 'I didn't set this up just for you noobs to mess it up'. Immediately he started to kick all of us.

I managed to send him a tell because he spoke up in chat - he response was that he can solo stealth the DD but don't worry, it only takes him 20min to finish! Meanwhile, he's at the top of the list of people to get replacements for the DD till whatever timer/whatever that doesnt let you find players kicks in so he can freely grief the que.

/facedesk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe one guy (or two or three) wanted to solo that dungeon, so he(they) kept kicking everyone else. Or maybe the dungeon had been pre-cleared, and now they were trying to get a team via the queue, kicking everyone else. Or maybe something went wrong and they lost a guy from the team, so they kept kicking everyone else again and again, till he joined back. Or perhaps the leader was kicking people because he wanted to get only very high-geared people for the run. Waste of time for the players receiving the kicks.

It gets worse if someone does it during Fardelver dungeons queue. There was a guild at ex Dragon shard that had gotten a very bad reputation because of that.
    edited October 2013
    Honestly... I don't really care if they wanted to play the dungeons wearing bunny slippers. It just really sucks that no one else can play the dungeon because of it and either:

A) Someone on the dev team REALLY needs to look at how the teaming works...

B) there are not enough people at all to get more instances going(SUPER SAD!)

Either way I would just like to know :(