test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What guild hosting service do you use?

soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I was asking this up in General Discussion.....what sorts of activity and events do guilds get involved in? My friend in game is actually wanting to start up his own guild and wants to make a website but not sure what hosting to choose from. He wants a service that caters to gaming and Enjin and Guild Launch are at the top of his list. For those who are active in guild activities, management, etc., which guild hosting service do you use and why?
Post edited by soulblazer07 on

Comments

• rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Guildlaunch > Enjin - no contest.

I've tweaked with both. Guildlaunch is great for all levels of experience, from no experience with website design to literally learning everything you'd need to know if you want to make your own from scratch. Well, that part requires actual coding, but still...
  • soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yea, I agree. Enjin has better themes and supposedly better features but the user-friendliness is really bad. Guild Launch is super friendly and supposedly less compatible in terms of game modules and the themes aren't that good but theme customization seems to be much better than Enjin. Though a lot of people are using Enjin which makes me ask what do most people like about Enjin?
  • rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Enjin is smoother, I believe.

I think it's like the whole Myspace vs Facebook and Windows vs Mac thing...except that Enjin is like FB and Mac on one side and then Linux on the other lol Atleast, that's how I've interpreted it.

Enjin - smoother, simpler layout, can be challenging but doesn't have to be.

Guildlaunch - has you learn the basics from the beginning so you can get out of the default setting, has more repercussions if you do things wrong but that means you get better experience, is a slow sliding scale all the way from rookie to expert, but covers all bases.

My guild leader and I both had admin permission on our Guildlaunch site. We learned with each other how to do it right. And our site looked WAY better than a normal Enjin site. On the other hand, Enjin requires only one person at the helm - but you're either a rookie or a pro...period.

That, atleast, is my experience.
  • malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    in tha past I have used guildportal it was pretty easy but we are currently using Webs.com rather than a guild hosting service, we have a little more freedom that way.
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?
  • soulblazer07soulblazer07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bumpin this thread up again....been a while :) What about everyone else? Any experiences? Pros and cons? Guild Launch recently started giving out coupons for its Premium plan for 1 year and I was able to get some if anybody is interested in having one.