test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway wishlist

vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First of all, I think the website-based gateway is a cool to look if a rewarding auction is in the AH, manage your crafting jobs, reload the mailbox to check if an item is sold, etc.

I would like to have some improvements / new features that would boost the usefulness of the gateway a lot:
  • Improve the auction search. If you come to the state where you need to equip your char with enchantments, you will spend a lot of time looking in the AH for good opportunities to buy large stacks of level 5 enchantments. After the server merge, there are a lot of auctions (which is good!) but the actions house search will only show 400. For the silvery enchantment, level 5 I can not see any stacks of 99 pieces via the gateway but in game I can! Let us filter for more criteria like time until the auction finishes, stack size, max price, etc.
  • Feats/Powers of characters You can view what gear your guild members have but you can not see what skills they have chosen. Please make this info available via the gateway because this would make it easy to have their skills open on one screen while reskilling your char in the game. Most guilds will share this information currently but need to use external tools or tell it on voice chat which is unnecessary IMHO.
  • Friend list Please put a friend list in the gateway. You often look in the gateway to see if some of your guild members are online and if so start the game and join them. If you could additionally see if some friends are online, that would help a lot, especially if you are not a guild member.
  • DD/Gauntlgrim/etc times I know the schedule for the events is the same each week but it would be nice to see the schedule in the gateway.
  • Bank / Guild bank content Please show the bank and guild bank content in the inventory so you don't have to always run to the bank in Protectors Enclave to know what is in there and what not.
  • Repeat job Repeat a job when it finishes, would spare a million clicks in my live ;-)

Thanks for considering my suggestion!

Greets,
Vasco

P.s.: @mods: it would be really nice to have a sticky gateway feature wish list post where you sum up the suggestions and allow us to vote for what is needed really fast and what can come later ...
Post edited by vascodergamer on

Comments

• tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    don`t have anything to say about the rest, only the repeat job thing you can get of your wishlist.
    will never happen.
    except if they want to make botters dream come true :D
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes:
    - bank and guild bank (PLEASE!)
    - improve AH search (would kill for per unit price and expiry sorting and replicate in-game @handle not just character name)
    - event schedule.

Maybe:
    - friend list.

No:
    - Feats/Powers/Boons etc., i.e. non-public character information. This ain't WoW.

Never:
    - Repeat job (this would be automation and I know of no MMORPG that allows automation for many reasons, some obvious).

Personal additions:
    - transaction log: you missed out a critical one, imo. AH needs a transaction log. So, you can see what you previously bought and sold, at what price, how long ago and to or from whom. It is not viable to use mail for such things in this game!
    - invoking start timer: should show the time to the earliest time you can invoke.
    - invoking reset timer: the timer for when your Celestials will reset (the same timer as that in-game).
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to fuse gems through the gateway
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited October 2013
    crafting celestial coins as replacement of invoke, didn`t feel for one day to play and totaly forgot about those, 125 celestaial coins gone snif snif (25 chars)
    crafting those things may not have a reset ;p
    and just that or the invoke once a day, not asking for double coins ;p
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...snip...

P.s.: @mods: it would be really nice to have a sticky gateway feature wish list post where you sum up the suggestions and allow us to vote for what is needed really fast and what can come later ...

any wish list or forum-presented idea that is handed to the devs is put into an internal list of things to consider or discuss at a later date unless the lead developer deems it as dire. we as consumers will never be able to make that determination.

if there was an option to repeat the job automatically, why would we even need the gateway?

the gateway does tell you which of your guildmates are online.
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    crafting celestial coins as replacement of invoke, didn`t feel for one day to play and totaly forgot about those, 125 celestaial coins gone snif snif (25 chars)
    crafting those things may not have a reset ;p
    and just that or the invoke once a day, not asking for double coins ;p

celestial coins and ardent coins are an incentive to log into the server. making them available any other way would eliminate that purpose.
  • vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if there was an option to repeat the job automatically, why would we even need the gateway

You did not understand me right here: not something like "repeat this job endlessly". If you accept the job outcome, it would be nice to have a button to restart the same job with the same assets again. Then you would not need to do a thousand clicks to restart the job but one.
  • vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    No:
    - Feats/Powers/Boons etc., i.e. non-public character information. This ain't WoW.

Then make it optional, let the people decide if they want to share this info with their guild members. IMHO this would help guilds a lot.
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    celestial coins and ardent coins are an incentive to log into the server. making them available any other way would eliminate that purpose.

it`s also a reason sometimes like now to care less about the game ;p
    they can at least etend the reset to 48 hours.
    forced to do it now everyday.
    which costs me half a million ad if i just don`t feel like neverwinter for a day ;p
    so for me it counts as big punishment.
    which make me feel less to invoke in the future that much.

ps: that 500k ad is alone about the invoking.

it`s all fun that people need to pray for religions each day and want that in a game, but neverwinter ain`t a religion ;p

pps: i don`t like any religion so don`t take the fun praying part for serious,
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    it`s also a reason sometimes like now to care less about the game ;p
    they can at least etend the reset to 48 hours.
    forced to do it now everyday.
    which costs me half a million ad if i just don`t feel like neverwinter for a day ;p
    so for me it counts as big punishment.
    which make me feel less to invoke in the future that much.

ps: that 500k ad is alone about the invoking.

it`s all fun that people need to pray for religions each day and want that in a game, but neverwinter ain`t a religion ;p

pps: i don`t like any religion so don`t take the fun praying part for serious,

you're not forced to do anything. if you want the incentives that come with invoking, you invoke once every 24 hours. takes about five minutes tops to log in, invoke and log out.

and real religion has no part in this what-so-ever. it's an in-game mechanic and nothing more.