test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A gear score requirement of 5700 would eliminate bots in PvP

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
as per title. a small GS requirement would get rid of 99% of bots in pvp without keeping out anyone who actually wants to pvp
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rewards can be based on persons score to since they always have 0 in end of fight and pvp quiters should get 1 hour pvp ban
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't see many bots these days, but I think people running bots would just gear their toons a little better to get past that requirement.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Make the bots work for you, it is possible in pre 60th pvp. After 60th I never see bots.

Leveling up I quite enjoyed my little minions (bots). Heal them up and they can really annoy the other team. (Pre 60th though...woin't work once people get 60 and really gear up that is why you don;t see bots after 60 probably)
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    haven't seen many bots after server merge too.
    tho I would like to see pvp divided by GS. maybe it would be a good measure of balance pos lvl 60

maybe "fresh 60~8k gs. then 8~10k, and 10k and above.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the pvp matchmaker needs to take more into account than gear score. or if that's going to be the measuring stick, gear score needs to be revamped.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the pvp matchmaker needs to take more into account than gear score. or if that's going to be the measuring stick, gear score needs to be revamped.

it cant be based on gs since then op ppl would just take gear of and queue for easy kills and wins
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Make the bots work for you, it is possible in pre 60th pvp. After 60th I never see bots.

Leveling up I quite enjoyed my little minions (bots). Heal them up and they can really annoy the other team. (Pre 60th though...woin't work once people get 60 and really gear up that is why you don;t see bots after 60 probably)

You can always rely on the boss to help you take 2, even if the rest of your team doesn't. :D
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Just some simple stats would make it nicely -related to total matches - wins - loss.
    May combined with a GS ratio as said above, 6-8k, 8-10k, 10k+

So it may sticks together the guys with 100 matches, ~60% win in 8-10k class - or something like that.
    Its still kinda unbalanced, since some realy strong builds/equips can work with really low GS - but hey - still better than fresh 60, started the game, 7k GS meeting a 13k+ gamer whos playing a longer time and has 100s of PvPs behind.
    Think tha should work a lot better than now.

Also we just need a premade-solution - Im sick of meeting premate teams with 4 guys I've seen never before and mostly never see again.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There aren't many bots since the glory rewards are bop. However, there are at least 1 afker or quitter every 2 games. AFKers are there mostly because of the daily domination and GG AD rewards. Quitters are there because there is no quitting penalty so they are keep hopping to different matches hoping to get on a winning team.

The better solution to these 2 problems is to (1) make daily quests only completed when a player gets a certain score in the game and (2) quitters are disallowed to queue for pvp for 1 hour during pvp domination time and 30 minutes otherwise.
  • darken182darken182 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can still get 6k+ GS spending like 1~5k AD so GS will not keep bots out of PVP, as I said in another topic the queue must be improved so you will get ladders to get matched only with same rank players, something like League of Legends..

The ranks you'll get only by capturing points, killing enemys, so gear score will mean nothing but only your PVP skills.
  • rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    darken182 wrote: »
    You can still get 6k+ GS spending like 1~5k AD so GS will not keep bots out of PVP, as I said in another topic the queue must be improved so you will get ladders to get matched only with same rank players, something like League of Legends..

The ranks you'll get only by capturing points, killing enemys, so gear score will mean nothing but only your PVP skills.

Getting better match up between the two teams can help but it won't stop players from quitting when they are losing and afking just to get daily AD. AFKers lead to uneven matches, that in turn cause give more reason for quitters to bop to another match immediately.
  • vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2013
    Yesterday i see in PvP 60 lvl TR with... 1,2k GS. Not bot. I cannot belive it. :)
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    GS matchmaking wouldn't make sense. However, I don't feel that bots are a problem in lvl60 PvP. I only PvP with my characters, meaning I complete more than 30 games/day with any of them and I can't remember a single time meeting a bot in my games.

The problem right now, is the queueing system that doesn't allow premade teams to face each other. This is bad for both ends, because PuGs will just leave and premades are not getting any good games, unless they end up facing another random premade.

Plus, I don't see the point of running bots in PvP. The rewards are horrible and the gear can only be salvaged in a ratio of 0,8AD/1 glory point (approx.).
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Forgive my newbieness, but what is a ''bot''?

I've never quit a PvP, even when I'm the last one left due to rage quitters leaving the team. Once I've realised I'm facing a bunch of premades or a couple of Outofcontrol Wizards I just stand safely by my spawn point and then try a few 1v1s if they happen to have a non-premade in their party.

Also, would be nice if they could somehow add a ladder to 60+ PvP. It is pathetic seeing fresh 60s with a few blues getting swatted by premades.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the GS match making is a good idea but
    put it as a 2nd pvp queue, so there will be
    normal and equal queues.
    ---

I kinda wish the Ardent mounts where listed
    in the trade of blades store but at an expensive
    price.
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    thraexis wrote: »
    I think the GS match making is a good idea but
    put it as a 2nd pvp queue, so there will be
    normal and equal queues.
    ---

I kinda wish the Ardent mounts where listed
    in the trade of blades store but at an expensive
    price.

I understand your thoughts, but in reality GS does not mean everything, Skill makes the biggest difference in both PVP and PVE. Plus many of the well known enchants used in PVP do not grant GS , niether does Hit Points to its point to point value

so theoretically you could have a character with a 8k GS but has 40k plus HP and stacking powerful crit enchants and a perfect armour enchant which also does not grant GS. in fact if you inspect some of the 'top' players during a PVP match you will see most will be equiped with some low GS blue gear with very high defence and hit point stats too.

The only way to ballance PVP that would be fair and works is to have a 'ranking' system
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GS matchmaking wouldn't make sense. However, I don't feel that bots are a problem in lvl60 PvP. I only PvP with my characters, meaning I complete more than 30 games/day with any of them and I can't remember a single time meeting a bot in my games.

Plus, I don't see the point of running bots in PvP. The rewards are horrible and the gear can only be salvaged in a ratio of 0,8AD/1 glory point (approx.).

There are quite a few bots man :) I even posted some cases with 200-300 GS TRs at 60 lol in an earlier topic. You're just terribly lucky you never met one (are you sure? TR that just runs to mid, casts some spell, gets attacked and dies in 2 secs, rinse&repeat)

I think it's not truly about rewards. It's about taking a char to 60, which can be done in PvP (as far as I know). Accounts are free and botters can make hundreds or more, and imagine salvaging and refining on all of these automatically without any involvement... We might play some matches/day, but we need to sleep, eat, work etc., bots do not have any of these issues, they can just run PvP all day long... or farm skill nodes in some location... all day long, so we can wonder how some persons have 10-20 stacks of 99 R5 enchants in the AH.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hate to say it but bots in post level 60 pvp aren't any worse than the team mate that's still rocking the level 1 shirt and pants. The player that wants to fight off point the entire match and doesn't want to listen to suggestions.
    At least the bot tries to hold a point.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still see bots from time to time even after the merge. I think quitters should have a 15min cooldown, but other things still need fixed before they do that because there are reasons for people quitting early. A ranking system of some sort would be great.
  • blindnirvanablindnirvana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hate to say it but bots in post level 60 pvp aren't any worse than the team mate that's still rocking the level 1 shirt and pants. The player that wants to fight off point the entire match and doesn't want to listen to suggestions.
    At least the bot tries to hold a point.

I agree, I don't mind having the bot on my team it annoys me more when it's on my opponents team 1. it's no challenge to fight 2. it's not a fair fight for my opponents.

I've been using pvp to level up my GWF and every match from 40- 49 and 50 - 59 there has been 2 to 3 bots in 98% of the matches. When theres 1 bot on my team or opponents team I don't care but it's when theres 2 of them on the same team that basically gives the other team the win. It gets really old seeing bots in every single match your in.
  • djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    I don't see many bots these days, but I think people running bots would just gear their toons a little better to get past that requirement.

Exactly. There are still BOTS out there, and all one need do with this scenario is gear up that Character a little bit. I would rather see a Spawn Point timer, not the AFK timer but an auto-kick for any players who have been in the spawn point for over a set amount of time.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.