test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

end game content needed - devs read this if you want it epic

greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
well guys i've played many online games im 35 and i really enjoy this game so far but i see a problem at the end as i have seen in many other games too
and thats end game content which means things to do after you have fully dressed your char with t2 and enchants.

i will agree that many players goal is to pve all the time as they enjoy it but some of us want to fight each other as it is more interesting and can hold us in the game for very long, its a way to keep enjoying our gear without boredom

this game has only a 5v5 pvp mode running all day and a 20v20 some times of the day which in my opinion is low
ofc the game is new and we expect more but we have to ask it too right?

ideas i have seen in other games are :
-2v2 and 1v1 arenas (necessary imo) which will boost easier pvp for all of us
-make 20v20 all day long running as you can get grym coins only there which is also slow
-put in a siege or something event like castle sieges in other games which are HUGE fun and make ppl fight many vs many (really the best experience in some games is alliance vs alliance somehow)
-put in an open test pvp arena where everyone can go and just duel with no score etc (also in all games)
-in the future consider flying mounts to get from pve ofc
-finally, imo the companions (even though i have only ioun stones) are unbalanced as the stone is prefered and this destroys the desire for other more beautiful companions so honestly i would remove iouns and give those guys an exchange ticket for any comp they want (that would make us try many more comps instead of one)
-put many more classes in game as d&d has ofc is an abvious choice

in general the pve content is pretty well made and needs only minor things but pvp is well behind
i don't want all the pve freaks out there saying we dont care for pvp etc cause some of us do and it wont hurt anybody if they put much many more things inside right? this will keep ppl like me in the game for a long time as the other complete games have and we wont get bored a month after getting full gear

thank you and i expect a response from the devs-gms so i can decide what to do (invest more on this game or cool off a bit after a while), make it ok or make it epic? its your choice
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    greekstud wrote: »
    -put in a siege or something event like castle sieges in other games which are HUGE fun and make ppl fight many vs many (really the best experience in some games is alliance vs alliance somehow)

You know that Foundry quests all scale up to your level (and apparently some scale to quite difficult for level 60s).

And if you want a "taste" of siege warfare, you can try my "Under Siege!" Foundry Quest (short code in my sig). I enjoy siege warfare as well (in Warhammer, etc). And you can set it to "Elite" difficulty level where I've tried to bump up the difficulty of some of the attacking encounters.
  • greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2013
    thank you i will try it but i was talking about sieges with many players vs players like other online games had, dont wana mention them but you all know them and they were hell...
    if they allow us to make a foundry for pvp that would be fantastic ofc
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    go back to wow pls ... /endofthread
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This reminds me of a conversation i had with a guildie earlier.

Guildie: "Woot! i just got my rank 10 enchant!

Me: Grats! For what did u get it?

Guildie: To up my armor pen!

Me: For what?

Guildie: Umm to kill better of course.

Me: Kill better where?

Guildie: In pvp of course!

Me: u mean that sheet where if u kill TOO well the enemy will just LEAVE? If your UBERGEARED the enemy can just quit party and reque till they find a party they can stomp? THAT pvp?

Guildie: Umm....yeah...i mean if you want a real challenge can arrange a premade vs premade.

Me: So my pvp fun is related directly to the availabitlity of ANOTHER guild? Not whenever i want it?

Guildie: yeah...pretty much.

I pretty much stopped charging money here. Stopped upgrading, just go thru motions, hang with friends TRY to play pvp.....cos let me ask you. WHY are u farming your *** off? why improving gear? To FARM better? Whats the incentive for me to open my wallet? So i can geared to a point noone wants to fight me?

Seriously, i can tell u. this carebear *** game was fun FOR AWHILE. but theres really no INCENTIVE to go hardcore. This is like a nursery for AVERAGE gamers....
    Sigh, it's cool. SOON some company somewhere will open up a new game with open world pvp, and race wars, and seiges, then the WALLETS will go to that game, u can have the "thou hast no perception of my magik, for i am a MAGE RWAAARRRR! Feel my wrath MOBS!" crowd.

and YES i know there are games already out there like the ones i crave...but heres the thing...I played 2 till servers closed, played one till i spent 5 digits, the last one i played got discountinued:( so sad...or i never would have looked and found this rainbows and butterflies BS....The rest are too far gone....
    BUT have no fear guys...something somewhere will pop up soon. for now, just log in, invoke, do your dailies, and log out.
    Good luck!
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2013
    devlinne because i agree with you in general i hope that the devs will see this and make the game more complete soon if they want the success of other big games... or else pm me with the game that has all that if you find it.... hard
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    greekstud wrote: »
    devlinne because i agree with you in general i hope that the devs will see this and make the game more complete soon if they want the success of other big games... or else pm me with the game that has all that if you find it.... hard

2nd this!

They really need to address this and it blows me away...

Players spend money NOT to farm MC faster, but to kill people in pvp faster.

So a large majority of $ spent is for pvp and we have, 2 maps, and 1 gametype...

I just want to point out also, that its very easy to make new pvp maps. People have offered to even do this FOR the DEVs in Foundry...

Everything in this thread is spot on.

We want:
    New Maps!
    New Game TYPES
    New Paragon Paths
    New Class(es)
    An Arena Mode
    A Matchmaking Mode
    A premade vs Premade Que
    Some tangible rewards for pwning in pvp (T3 glory gear for TONS of Glory 100k each)

ALL of those changes will more than likely require less coding than even adding 1 pve dungeon and this would seriously bring SO much life into this game.

If you want this game to SHINE: PVP Expansion!
    If you release another PVE expansion more players will leave because of lack of "endgame".

Please Wake up DEVS!!!!!!! Dont let it die!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

snip...

this reminds me of the original star trek theme music. i think it goes like this:

wah WAH wahwahwahwahwahwah...

but seriously. if this game isn't fun for you, i'm so sorry. do vote with your wallet. do reach out to the devs and give your feedback. but the insulting nature of your post isn't going to get anyone to take you seriously.

not that you care. you're just waiting for the next new and awesome thing to come out... so you can go over there and complain more.

good luck to you, indeed.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    2nd this!

They really need to address this and it blows me away...

Players spend money NOT to farm MC faster, but to kill people in pvp faster.

So a large majority of $ spent is for pvp and we have, 2 maps, and 1 gametype...

I just want to point out also, that its very easy to make new pvp maps. People have offered to even do this FOR the DEVs in Foundry...

Everything in this thread is spot on.

We want:
    New Maps!
    New Game TYPES
    New Paragon Paths
    New Class(es)
    An Arena Mode
    A Matchmaking Mode
    A premade vs Premade Que
    Some tangible rewards for pwning in pvp (T3 glory gear for TONS of Glory 100k each)

ALL of those changes will more than likely require less coding than even adding 1 pve dungeon and this would seriously bring SO much life into this game.

If you want this game to SHINE: PVP Expansion!
    If you release another PVE expansion more players will leave because of lack of "endgame".

Please Wake up DEVS!!!!!!! Dont let it die!

and new things are coming.

if you blow through content and then move on to the next best thing, then perhaps an MMO isn't for you. it takes time to create new content, to test it and then to release it. if your expectations are unrealistic, then you will always be disappointed.
  • veirfourveirfour Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm. I don't know if I'm an 'average' gamer, but generally I want it to be fun. That means I want to actually face my opponents and have a reasonable chance to throw a spell or two before I get stomped with *two* spells or one weapon strike by someone who has 13K-15K GS and, who knows, an exploit or three I have no clue about. Really, I've had to wonder if it's beyond just getting an extra-special weapon enchantment.

One thing I do know is it isn't fun trying to queue for Temple of the Spider, Castle Never, or Malabog's Castle, as it seems they've taken the nerfs/cheats/uber-players into account as the norm and not the exception. A group of 'averages'--if they don't wimp out and leave in the first 30 seconds--will try their best and get squashed by Level 65 beasts. It's real depressing, all things considered. If a regular group doesn't seem able to cope, then I can't when everyone winks out.

And then there's the PVP stuff. Personally I'd like to see some 1-on-1 PVP, such as Rogue vs. Rogue, or spellcasters vs. spellcasters. I'd like to see more variety in terrain, and more gauges/restrictions on who goes against who. Such as classes akin to boxing--welterweight, bantam, heavyweight, etc, but set it to GS. Maybe cheating could be prevented by 'freezing' your equipment in place so you can't switch to more powerful goods once you start.

I don't know. I just want to enjoy the end game longer. I

devlinne wrote: »

Guildie: "Woot! i just got my rank 10 enchant!

Me: Grats! For what did u get it?

Guildie: To up my armor pen!

Me: For what?

Guildie: Umm to kill better of course.

Me: Kill better where?

Guildie: In pvp of course!

Me: u mean that sheet where if u kill TOO well the enemy will just LEAVE? If your UBERGEARED the enemy can just quit party and reque till they find a party they can stomp? THAT pvp?

Guildie: Umm....yeah...i mean if you want a real challenge can arrange a premade vs premade.

Me: So my pvp fun is related directly to the availabitlity of ANOTHER guild? Not whenever i want it?

Guildie: yeah...pretty much.

I pretty much stopped charging money here. Stopped upgrading, just go thru motions, hang with friends TRY to play pvp.....cos let me ask you. WHY are u farming your *** off? why improving gear? To FARM better? Whats the incentive for me to open my wallet? So i can geared to a point noone wants to fight me?

Seriously, i can tell u. this carebear *** game was fun FOR AWHILE. but theres really no INCENTIVE to go hardcore. This is like a nursery for AVERAGE gamers....
    Sigh, it's cool. SOON some company somewhere will open up a new game with open world pvp, and race wars, and seiges, then the WALLETS will go to that game, u can have the "thou hast no perception of my magik, for i am a MAGE RWAAARRRR! Feel my wrath MOBS!" crowd.

and YES i know there are games already out there like the ones i crave...but heres the thing...I played 2 till servers closed, played one till i spent 5 digits, the last one i played got discountinued:( so sad...or i never would have looked and found this rainbows and butterflies BS....The rest are too far gone....
    BUT have no fear guys...something somewhere will pop up soon. for now, just log in, invoke, do your dailies, and log out.
    Good luck!
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this reminds me of the original star trek theme music. i think it goes like this:

wah WAH wahwahwahwahwahwah...

but seriously. if this game isn't fun for you, i'm so sorry. do vote with your wallet. do reach out to the devs and give your feedback. but the insulting nature of your post isn't going to get anyone to take you seriously.

not that you care. you're just waiting for the next new and awesome thing to come out... so you can go over there and complain more.

good luck to you, indeed.

Fair enough. Perhaps it's the string of 5 or so pvp matches staright that the enemies left after a MINUTE...that got me heated up to post sarcastically. My apologies. everyone gets emotional from time to time.

Now that aside. Let me be more clear. Right now, there isn't any MOTIVATION for me and from what i read and hear...for may OTHERS too, to go HARDCORE on this game, simply because......well back to my original question. What are u farming and gearing up for?
    Perhaps i'm weird...but from what i recall playing other MMOs....mainly the competition between HUMANS is the drive to excel and upgrade, become uber....SPEND THAT CASH.
    I can't really UNDERSTAND.......what everyone is driving for now.....
    I mean back in other games....a fight could pop off ANYWHERE ANYTIME. So u best be ready, best be geared....and if u got stomped...you'd call for help, then your guildies would rush in. then my guildies would rush in...and a mini war would break out! Tell me you haven't played that^^ HOURS of pvp war...for supremacy.

And also, this is really the first game i've played where there is no sort of weekly or at least fortnightly WAR of somekind between races, factions...sheet even dietys WHATEVER with some kinda reward for the winning team/alliance.
    So yeah...i am ABIT shellshocked....abit disappointed, and yes very fast becoming bored.

It's not about blowing through content. it's about having something to WORK TO, to WORK FOR.
    Like we were joking today in guild chat.
    "ppl farming so hard, to be able to farm better, to be....Ummm....*BLANK*"

Oh and buddy......please don't assume, i'm the type that jumps games ...honestly, i stayed minimum 4 years in every game i played so far...and never really complained....cos honestly...i was having fun. like the wars and such i said above. But THIS....this happens to be the ONLY viable NEW game out in this timeframe right now...thats the only reason, why me and alotta like minded individuals are STILL here...just cos there aint nowhere else to go...FOR NOW.

Honestly patience is one thing....but like i said above...How long u want people to hang around and spend for...umm...NOTHING?
    ayroux said it best "people spend money not to farm faster but to KILL PPL FASTER"
    If this game devs don't grasp this SIMPLE fact of gaming...then....well...goodluck^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!