test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I never post about gripes like this... but

petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Did an epic dungeon with no DD event active and we were going fine until the end when we needed someone to tank the last boss. That person dies like 2mins into the fight and blames it on lag while the rest of us fight our asses off for a good while and s/he just sits there at the campfire. After what seems like forever we win and a purple drops (for the class of the person that sat out the fight) and they quickly pick need and leave the party.

Now I know people will say it was just bad luck that said person got a drop for their class AND was lame enough to need and bail, but maybe if you sit out the fight you should not be allowed to swoop in and grab the loot then poof? I have alts like most everyone else... I just want my chance to greed it is all :(
Post edited by petestarks on

Comments

• Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Didn't they change drops like that so that unless it is your class, you can't get it at all? I may be remembering things wrong, I can't do epic dungeons well with my low end system so I've not really had much experience with them.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can't roll need on it if it is not for your class but you can roll greed.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Think they also recently patched it in Feywild so that you could get loot even if you dropped out or, more importantly, were kicked.

But in this specific case, it doesn't sound like he did anything especially wrong from just what you told us, also he did run the entire dungeon with you to get you to the boss...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as crappy as it is for someone to do that, you will find that it happens sometimes in PUGs. some people when looking for groups will indicate a "greed" run where everyone gets a roll's chance at the loot. some people automatically assume that the run is "greed only" but some people think that if it's not stipulated initially, the loot is open game to ninjas. even though he helped up to the point of the end boss, he didn't fight the end boss and left with the loot anyway.

ways around that are to make friends and acquaintances in-game or join a guild. also make sure that everyone agrees to "greed only"... the way the drop system is right now, it is the only way for everyone to get a fair shot at the prize. until they give us a "greed only" option, unfortunately, we have to work around this and sometimes hope for the best.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I agree it was not an exploit of the game and more about people just being a bit rude. I mean I could see if the boss was a push over, but it just got me a tiny bit grumpy that none of the people that did any of the fighting got any of the reward. More of a rant post than someone finding a new exploit... I would of been happy if anyone that was involved in the big battle got the drop, but just not the guy that watched it on tv :P

I really need to find some more people like minded folks to do runs with. Anyone that's interested feel free to hit me up :)
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    petestarks wrote: »
    I really need to find some more people like minded folks to do runs with. Anyone that's interested feel free to hit me up :)

Post Feywild, due to the Bind on Pickup of practically everything, it makes sense to run the more time consuming and lucrative dungeons with a guild group or group of trusted friends prepared to split profits on drops (assuming no one actually needs any specific thing).
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree with most, While it was annoying he did fight till he died, if you tpked he might have fought till the end (assuming he was locked out of the fight) And ive been hit by massive lag myself and bad luck in boss battles.

if he had just vegged the entire time it would have been different. but in this case it may have been not his fault lag happens. should e need to sacrifice an item No one else could even need. because lag killed him? a item he might have been trying to pug for days and days. and the one time he lags and dyes it drops. How would you feel in that situation... would you really want to greed if you had tried and lag killed you?
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have you been lucky/skilled enough that you haven't been killed while in a boss fight? The thing is that you can't rejoin a boss fight when you die and are forced to respawn at campfire. He couldn't have gone back in to help whether he'd wanted to or not. Just saying.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Have you been lucky/skilled enough that you haven't been killed while in a boss fight? The thing is that you can't rejoin a boss fight when you die and are forced to respawn at campfire. He couldn't have gone back in to help whether he'd wanted to or not. Just saying.

This exactly.

Sure, its possible he died intentionally as a means to leech. But, considering he ran the entire dungeon with you all. I see no reason to punish him simply because of an unfortunate death, that might only appear to be bad timing. Id rather give someone the benefit of the doubt just for karma's sake then to be overly judgemental. Now, if it becomes a pattern of behavior. Judge away!
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Why didn't anyone rez him? IMO he should have rolled greed, but sadly, very few do the right thing.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Just because a person dies in the end boss doesn't mean they shouldn't have a chance at the loot.

Sometimes you die in the end fight and I've done plenty of 4 man boss battles victoriously and never have or will complain that people get a chance at the loot just because they had the bad luck of dying before the fight was over.

The only question is whether he needed the gear to sell it or needed the gear to equip his character. IMO the need button exists to equip your character. If you don't need it then you shouldn't need it. But simply because a person clicks "need" doesn't mean they are doing something bad. If the person actually needed the gear for their character then there's nothing wrong with this situation IMO.
  • Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    I think you're all missing this point here, assuming that it's the truth ofcourse.
    petestarks wrote: »
    Did an epic dungeon with no DD event active and we were going fine until the end when we needed someone to tank the last boss. That person dies like 2mins into the fight and blames it on lag while the rest of us fight our asses off for a good while and s/he just sits there at the campfire. After what seems like forever we win and a purple drops (for the class of the person that sat out the fight) and they quickly pick need and leave the party.

*snip*

Now if the person would've actually needed it then it would be reasonable to assume the he/she would've thanked the party or atleast a ''good job guys''.
    Instead this person ( if the OP is telling the truth ) rolled need and instantly leaves the party.

Going by the information presented I'd say that that person has no need for said item and just rolled it because the system is evil like that to make a profit off the work of the party.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    Why didn't anyone rez him?

I tend to be that reckless DC / TR who makes a suicidal run across the whole map to revive an ally no matter what even if they're in a sea of red. Sadly sometimes I get CCed too much along the way and they run out of time before I or anyone else can get to them. Probably same thing for OP's party.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Pretty sure I'm telling the truth.

I'm not really butt hurt over it, it was just a bit of a sore spot to see someone do none of the work(die in the first 1-2min on two attempts) and get the reward. However, it is just a game and a "Good job guys" might of seemed a teeny tiny bit less dickish? But.... just a game and life moves on ;)