test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

___ So whats the final word on the new Fabled Armor set !?!?!

corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Thieves' Den
A lot of people originally thought that the new armor set was trash because of the 4 piece set bonus compared to swash (pve) and GG (pvp)

Now that enough time has passed for some people to get 4/4, how is it??
A guild leader told me the new set was better than swash for pve. I kinda laughed at that but then he slightly edged me out for tops damage in cta. Yes, I know that cta is a lot different than normal dungeons but IVE NEVER BEEN OUT DAMAGED BY ANOTHER TR. In fact, if theres another TR im usually doing 60-100% more damage. to make matters worse I have a perfect vorpal and he has a lesser. He says hes tested both the new set and swash and says not only is the new set better in pve but that its WAY better

I was thinking... Since the nerf to lurkers, recovery is a far less important stat.

1) is a few % faster ap regen from Swash recovery set bonus really that great?
2) is the ICD server-side?
3) has anyone thought of how powerful this would be in pvp?? high dot damage combined with greater tenebrous... you could kill ppl from a few dagger throws

If the cooldown isn't actually 30seconds and your able to infect 100-200 different mobs x 5700 damage each (assuming they live at least 15 seconds) your talking a big percentage of total damage done

so, what are the thoughts then. Input from ppl who actually have the set would be best
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I was wondering this myself as i started a post a couple days ago to figure out how much 550 power more would actually mean in duelist flurry effective dps.

I think it was confirmed some time back that it was just one target, but even then our purpose is to murder the boss so may not be that important as it will be a big single target dps increase.

the mc set is like 190 damage per second more (5700/30 sec cool down) compared to something like 42 dmg more per hit (not accounting for power scaling in powers) and the bleeds.... supoose it will depend on ur duelist uptime on the boss as that 5700 damage is hit n forget so having to dodge more would make it better.

But anyways i would not consider cta a good measurement as depending how sloppy you are being apllying the dps can have a big impact on the damage chart.
  • Options
    thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As you were talking about CTA, what is your average score in ?
    Im usually the first in CTA, except when a overpowered wizard comes.
    I would like to get a reference if im doing ok or not

My best its around 2000k, im sure there are much better results around here.
    My average is around 1600-1900k