test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Formorian ... what?

yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Temple
Hi,

I'm new in MC runs so can someone help me to understand if the final purple object can be good? I don't find any screen of this items and even the stats of these, they're good?

I read that I need 3 pieces + level 20 artificing, it's correct?
firmaconsiglio.gif
Post edited by yukuaiita on

Comments

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The fomorian stuff is garbage for most DC's b/c it has armor pen =/

This is only if you want to be a DPS cleric heh.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^What Cribstaxxx said. Also better hope they fix DC arpen faster than they fixed GWF's unstoppable.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I already bought all the artificing stuff b/c it was so cheap to make my CW's orb, not even going to bother with DC even though I have everything b/c the weapon damage doesn't really make up for the loss of "useful" stats.

I would venture to say that ~95% or more of DC are not DPS spec, so why the new weapon would have ArP I don't know =(
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah I already bought all the artificing stuff b/c it was so cheap to make my CW's orb, not even going to bother with DC even though I have everything b/c the weapon damage doesn't really make up for the loss of "useful" stats.

I would venture to say that ~95% or more of DC are not DPS spec, so why the new weapon would have ArP I don't know =(

Insert Cryptic being cryptic jokes here.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In all other MMORPG a Cleric DPS is one of the best class, but here finally DC it's oriented only in Healing and tank so I think that a DC DPS in NWO it's so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bad :D

So ok: no Fomorian for me :D
    Let's go doing CN :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    In all other MMORPG a Cleric DPS is one of the best class, but here finally DC it's oriented only in Healing and tank so I think that a DC DPS in NWO it's so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bad :D

So ok: no Fomorian for me :D
    Let's go doing CN :P

Well, DPS cleric isn't woeful. A speced out DC can put out pretty good numbers. It's just people will rage at you in dungeons(and often PvP) for not going full heal.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    DC's can put out very respectable dmg, as long as you have the right spells and a couple key feats.

Even if you are dps though the formorian is still only mediocre because APen doesn't affect the vast majority of our powers. High Prophet is still so much better
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    DC's can put out very respectable dmg, as long as you have the right spells and a couple key feats.

Even if you are dps though the formorian is still only mediocre because APen doesn't affect the vast majority of our powers. High Prophet is still so much better

Pity it's a T1. :(
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a good weapon set, not for dps only, but you're trading (useless) recovery for some more weapon damage & power. You can share extra armor pen via linked spirit to your team members. That's imo a good trade.

I've been using the miracle healer armor set for a lot of time. Now I have the fabled set from malabog, and the only difference i see is more dps for me. I have no regret about the 1.6k recovery i lost. I can still use divine armor whenever i have to or even hallowed ground when i have a daily to waste. Runs are smoother and quicker. I see no reason not to get this set, unless you love stacking useless stats way beyond the sweet spot, which is pretty low. Beyond 2k recovery is a PoS. Don't waste your time with that.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Pity it's a T1. :(

The difference in stats between T1 armor and T2 armor isn't that much. I think the only thing really worth considering for armor is the set bonus.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Indeed. Lots of T1s have incredibly powerful set bonuses, and as long as you meet certain breakpoints (or "soft caps") then you can afford to lose a hundred stat points or so in a particular stat.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yesterday I dropped the fomorian Symbol: yep, nice and with a bit more damage but atm I don't use it.

For the damage dealing build of DC I've to be more precise: I know that we can do a nice damage but this is not what a group is looking for. If a group search a DD it asks for TR or CW, and a DC that doesn't heal so much it's not so well welcome in a group :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah if DC's spells weren't capped at 5 they could do quite nice damage, just about all of them are though =/
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah if DC's spells weren't capped at 5 they could do quite nice damage, just about all of them are though =/

Not an issue with a STR/crit build and a vorpal. That makes an excellent hybrid build.

By the way there is one spell with a target limit of 10 (chains) and one with 30 (searing light, divine mode).
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The Femorian weapon set is stronger than Ancient set, even if the ArP would be seen as completely useless. This is since the weapon damage is so much higher.

What to decide weapon by:
    1. Weapon Damage
    2. Weapon damage
    3. Crit
    4. Power
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The Femorian weapon set is stronger than Ancient set, even if the ArP would be seen as completely useless. This is since the weapon damage is so much higher.

What to decide weapon by:
    1. Weapon Damage
    2. Weapon damage
    3. Crit
    4. Power

Even for full healing DC? It's better a Power-crit weapon for them no?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Well, DPS cleric isn't woeful. A speced out DC can put out pretty good numbers. It's just people will rage at you in dungeons(and often PvP) for not going full heal.

Only because this game only has one healer and parties only have 5 slots with in most cases only one healer. Other games easily come with 3 different kind of healers (from pure healing direct heals, over pure healing HoT heals to damage dealing and healing) and you can run dungeons (and will) with more than one healer. Then it is perfectly ok to have a "real" healer and some support healer that focusses on damage and debuffs but can heal a little when needed, too.
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Even for full healing DC? It's better a Power-crit weapon for them no?
    Well, 1 weapon damage equals 25 power. Trickshaw's thread

The weapon stats are:
    Ancient set
    671-820 Damage
    +1'868 Power
    +372 Critical strike
    +462 recovery
    Setbonus: +450 Power

Femorian set
    686-838 Damage
    +1'888 power
    +450 Critical Strike
    +207 Recovery
    +207 Armor Penetration
    Setbonus: +450 Power

The difference from Ancient to Femorian set is then:
    +15-18 Damage
    +20 Power
    +78 Crit
    -255 Recovery
    +207 Armor Penetration

At first this would seem like a downgrade, but, how much is that weapon damage worth statwise? Well, 1 weapon damage equals 25 power (see thread linked earlier in post, page 2(?)), so we have +375-450 "power" from weapon damage. So in total you more or less gets 390-470 power, 78 crit and 207 ArP at the price of 255 recovery.

Add the fact that the stat that is lowered is Recovery, assuming we're in full Miracle Healer(Reinforced Gauntlets) and full (offensive) ancients, we're at 2129 recovery, add a stone with offensive items and we gain another 436(T2 Icon), 473(ancient) or 382(Femorian) recovery, for a total of 2565/2602/2511 recovery, this is with nothing increasing it, in a party one could expect this to be increased by Prestidigitation, Rising Hope, Linked Spirit, and so on, so I doubt anyone actually needs the extra 462 recovery the Ancient set gives, not even the 207 from the Femorian set is needed, since we're having more than enough recovery already.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Great discourse Misssmoozie, you're definitely someone who knows her stuff and couldn't have done/found a better explanation if I tried!
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well, 1 weapon damage equals 25 power. Trickshaw's thread

But the "equals 25 power" works even for Healings?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    snip

You're too diplomatic. Saying that any recovery beyond 2500 means you're running an utter garbage build should be enough. We had no choice but miracle healer/CN until feywild, but now there is the MC set & the fomorian one, so there's no more excuse. :p

Fortunately, as long as you're not playing like a monkey hitting random keys, even an utter garbage build works, so, it's not that critical but seeing so many clerics praising recovery makes me laugh. ANYTHING but recovery when you've reached 2.5k is better than extra recovery. Seriously. 1% more AP gain isn't worth the effort you make to get it. And our daily spells aren't worth the effort at all.
    But the "equals 25 power" works even for Healings?

FYI healing is considered as negative damage received by someone. Make your own conclusions about it. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Formorian FTW
    firmaconsiglio.gif