test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for "fast launch"

dullsmiledullsmile Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, just an idea for developers... Perhaps on the launch pad should be an option to select my character, so that once I log in, it takes me directly in-game, no need to login, load, select character, load. Just an idea.
Post edited by dullsmile on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the launcher has an option for 'fast launch' under "options" at the top right. this eliminates the need to select "play" and takes you right into the character select. not exactly what you asked for, but how exactly could the launcher list my characters if i'm not exactly logged in yet?
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    maybe if you launch the gameclient.exe itself instead of launcher ;p but still need to fill in pass
    easier to just use the launcher with fastlaunch, then you `ll know when there`s a server maintenance or something.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Not needed.

/thread
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the launcher has an option for 'fast launch' under "options" at the top right. this eliminates the need to select "play" and takes you right into the character select. not exactly what you asked for, but how exactly could the launcher list my characters if i'm not exactly logged in yet?

Anyone know of a slash command (EX: neverwinter.exe /charactername) that might work?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    litaaers wrote: »
    Anyone know of a slash command (EX: neverwinter.exe /charactername) that might work?

No and its not even somthing they could impliment. Cryptic has a system that archives inactive accounts. Generally after 30 days, your account gets put in archive state. Your characters still exist, but wont even be visible until you log back in to update things.

Basically the account server cant always see what you have until you hit the main game server. So any kind of fast launch to character would be tricky to do.