test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some pve Dps questions

ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Guys i have some questions regarding Dps in pve setups.

Firstly i need to know if there is some sort of chart or online file where i could know how much power contributes to damage dealt with our powers.

basically i need to know how much would 500 or so more power would contribute to actual dps in duelist flurry.

I was thinking mcs 4 pc set bonus is sort of trash as 5600 damage every 30s sounds like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but if i think about it, my main role in dungeons is murdering the boss so want to figure out how much swashes 4 set (around 500 more power lets forget about the recovery part for now) pans out damagewise in say a 30 sec period of duelist flurrys (thinking i could be landing some 5-6 chains in that time accounting ill have to dodge some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>).

The other question would be about weapon enchantments, so considering i have 50% crit chance a lesser vopral would be a 6% effective damage increase.... it sounds inferior to plaguefire, where the damage boost is just 3.5% but in just 3 hits ill have his damage resistance reduced by 15% which at 2500 arp means a 15% damage boost.... plus the fire dot. am i missing something?

coz plaguefire looks much better than vopral for sustained damage in dungeons. I know that for big burst damage like in pvp vopral will outshine it, but not for dungeons where u will be battering monsters and debuffing for the whole party.

by the way do various players plaguefire debuffs stack?

thx in advance.
Post edited by ximae on

Comments

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    A friend of mine went from 4500 ish power down to 2500 while picking up minimal crit/ArP (mostly HP/regen) and said he couldn't even tell the difference, but I don't know the raw numbers. I know power is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on a lot of other classes.

Plaguefire is very nice to have in PvE, but you only need 1 of them, and it's common for GWF or CW to have one, so if you bring a 2nd one to the party as TR you will see very little bonus from it.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ok, so plaguefire basically doesnt stack so ill have to check with my guildies to see what enchants they are running, i know one of the gwf i run with uses it, good that when we are running cn he uses his cw... but it might be more of a problem in mc though as we tend to share targets there. a lot of the other dungeons i tend to be the only one on the boss though, so it might still be ok there.

the power thing is confusing me though as i do think im dpsing more with the 1k power i have gained lately and our guilds top cw just pisses on everyones dps and he is very power focused (6k plus) and he doesnt even use hv.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    no one has the info on the relationship between power and gained damage by our powers?
  • Options
    krustyduckkrustyduck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    no one has the info on the relationship between power and gained damage by our powers?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgK7NUdr8JPldFlsc1lJZng0MmYtMWFyT2F5TW5lblE#gid=0
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    k thanks

its not what i was looking for exactly as i was hoping to have a relationship of power scaling with the powers themselves too, but again thanks as its still somewhat usefull.
  • Options
    achemediesachemedies Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    krustyduck wrote: »

Thank you for this! Are there spreadsheets out there that show the same sliding scale with all of the other stats? Such as armor piercing, life steal, etc.
    Ireyal Trusair ~ Moon Elf Rogue of the 26th Circle
  • Options
    charisrawrdcharisrawrd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    achemedies wrote: »
    Thank you for this! Are there spreadsheets out there that show the same sliding scale with all of the other stats? Such as armor piercing, life steal, etc.

http://www.grievancegaming.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11902&p=73633

I think this has what you want, sorry its still not complete

edit: I looked around but I couldn't find anything for life steal =/
    all I'm finding is krusty's and these charts
    Full steam ahead ;D
    TR Charisrawrd@charisrawrd
    DC KokiriG@charisrawrd
    CW EmoryG@krustyduck
    Previously of the Mindflayer server
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is the most accurate and comprehensive NW stat calculator. You can use it to figure out diminishing returns in your own builds:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

However, I have never seen any calculator that takes into account class-specific details such as Powers or Feats. They would also be out-of-date soon or not take into account undocumented aspects, especially from feats that can make a large difference.
  • Options
    charisrawrdcharisrawrd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    This is the most accurate and comprehensive NW stat calculator.

Thanks for that
    Full steam ahead ;D
    TR Charisrawrd@charisrawrd
    DC KokiriG@charisrawrd
    CW EmoryG@krustyduck
    Previously of the Mindflayer server